Author Topic: CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread  (Read 41907 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Badge Resale Question
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Your facts are in error. Saturday badges don't sell out first. 4 day bagdes w/ Preview night sell out first. The fault in your logic is that it does not take into account the people who wanted preview night and couldn't get it. The message to those people is, "you are not as important to us as another customer", which is a bad message to be promoting.

But that was exactly what CCI said. If you had a Saturday badge, you had an opportunity to buy the 4 day or all 4 single days individually but chose not to whether because the 4 day with or without PN was gone or you didn't want Sunday, etc so they excluded anyone with Saturday from the resale.  Nothing more than that. All people matter.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
yes. I know there is a refund sale may or june. I'm of the impression that there will be a special sale before then.

I agree, it's a definite possibility and there is precedent. I think it's just confusing with multiple potential resales!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread
« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:56:26 AM »

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 08:40:44 AM »
But that was exactly what CCI said. If you had a Saturday badge, you had an opportunity to buy the 4 day or all 4 single days individually but chose not to whether because the 4 day with or without PN was gone or you didn't want Sunday, etc so they excluded anyone with Saturday from the resale.  Nothing more than that. All people matter.

Just because you have a Saturday badge does not mean you got the ticket you wanted. In my case I got a 4 day badge which includes Saturday but I did not get the badge I wanted which was a 4 day with Preview night which sold out before the 4 day and Saturday badges.

IF you did not want preview night, then yes, you are set. If you wanted preview night but got cut out due to an EPIC fail you should have another shot at it.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
Just because you have a Saturday badge does not mean you got the ticket you wanted. In my case I got a 4 day badge which includes Saturday but I did not get the badge I wanted which was a 4 day with Preview night which sold out before the 4 day and Saturday badges.

IF you did not want preview night, then yes, you are set. If you wanted preview night but got cut out due to an EPIC fail you should have another shot at it.

Your argument is only relevant if preview night badges are available. The ONE time CCI had the 'Saturday rule', there were no preview night badges for sale.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
Just a note, sometimes in the resale, you are ineligible if you got a Saturday badge. The logic is that if you got a Saturday badge (they sell out first), you had the opportunity to buy all days.
Your facts are in error. Saturday badges don't sell out first. 4 day bagdes w/ Preview night sell out first. The fault in your logic is that it does not take into account the people who wanted preview night and couldn't get it. The message to those people is, "you are not as important to us as another customer", which is a bad message to be promoting.
I meant that the Saturday badges are the first individual day badges to sell out. I guess I also should have said "I think the logic is..." It wasn't my logic, it's what I think CCI's logic was. Loni had mentioned that the friend might have a Saturday badge. I did write "sometimes", because I wasn't sure if it would happen again this year-it is what they did last year for one of the refund sales-that part is a fact. I was just trying to warn them. I apologize if I was unclear.
Ang

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »
yes. I know there is a refund sale may or june. I'm of the impression that there will be a special sale before then.

Hey Khaaaaaaanh! <raising arms fists shaking> (sorry dude couldn't resist)  ;D  CCI still has that message on their site saying to send screen caps to them:

Is it possible that people that send in screen caps will have priority in a potential special sale?  I'm curious on behalf of a Friend...

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »
Is it possible that people that send in screen caps will have priority in a potential special sale?  I'm curious on behalf of a Friend...

I hadn't thought of that until this morning, but I think they could even do better. They could take all of those people and just directly offer them a badge purchase. No sale (and associated hassles) and they help out people who legitimately should have had a better chance.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
Hey Khaaaaaaanh! <raising arms fists shaking> (sorry dude couldn't resist)  ;D  CCI still has that message on their site saying to send screen caps to them:

I think enough people had issues where other errors? happened (white screen, runtime error) where a screenshot doesn't give them much to work with that I don't think they'd give any preference to that group since then you'll get the outcry from people who say they weren't told how to get a screenshot, etc.

The "fair" thing to do is keep Member ID closed, have a sale but exclude all 4 Day peeps (with and without PN) and probably the Saturday peeps and do a sale that way. Not saying it will happen but it would go a long way to making things "right" for some folks.

And KirbySS - I understand what you're saying and I think we're having 2 different arguments. Like Transmute mentioned, there were no Preview Night badges sold in that special sale so there would be no reason to include the Saturday people who still had a chance to obtain all the other days. The point was just that THAT was the reasoning CCI gave and in a case like this, they can justify doing it the same way again.

Offline Loni

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »
I did write "sometimes", because I wasn't sure if it would happen again this year-it is what they did last year for one of the refund sales-that part is a fact. I was just trying to warn them. I apologize if I was unclear.

You were perfectly clear, don't worry! I don't know how they'll run the sale this year, but I will definitely mention that the possibility of no Saturday people can rebuy. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I do appreciate everything you've said so far :)

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »
Oh and the obvious ... it may have been a "special" sale for those that did not get Saturday but you still were far from guaranteed to get Saturday!!

This whole screen shot deal, I don't know, I'm with Khanh on this one, I can't see how you can do anything too special for these unfortunate people minus possibly a sale like last year for the no Saturday folks. I mean what if it didn't work for them because they didn't follow one of CCi's sale "rules" ... ie opening multiple tabs and refreshing, etc. They're going to get reward for that? Plus, unlike last year, they didn't have the sale in August for the "preferred" "returning customer" sale so I do not believe there are as many available badges this year at this point in time. They probably "only" pretty much have the refund/return ones.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
A few points...

Although there will always be people in an uproar about the problems this past Saturday, I'd have to think there is a reason they wanted screen shots, member ID's and full names. I think the white screen people may not have as much to stand on as the people who were actually in the waiting room and frozen (no screen shots and no number in line for proof). Although I know that the white screen was some form of the waiting room that was just not loading, without the print screen and a number in line there would be little that CCI can do for those people.
What they should do (and I like what Transmute stated) is provide individual offers to all those with a frozen screen shot and a place in line. Then have a free for all Second Chance sale for all the others. This would go a long way to satisfy most people. You can never please everyone.

Karate - not sure if you got it backwards, but it was the people who were following the "rules" that got left out. If all the white screen people would have hit refresh early enough there is a good chance they would have been able to see the waiting room page. Too many of us were too afraid to go against that rule and were not rewarded.

Loni - can you exxplain why your friend with a Friday and Saturday badge now wants additional days just a few hours after registration closed?

I definately like the idea that anyone with a Saturday badge of any kind (individual, 4-day, 4-day w/ preview) should not be allowed in the resale as they had their chance, now let those that got the short end have their day.

Can anyone tell me if the second chance sale last year was in direct response to the problems that they had during open registration? Also, were they asking for screen shots last year, I do not remember.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:13 PM »
Last year the sale post refunds was not a special event.  it was seen as normal.

However the sale is directly due to having refunded badges to sell.  If there are no badges then there will be no sale.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »
A few points...

Although there will always be people in an uproar about the problems this past Saturday, I'd have to think there is a reason they wanted screen shots, member ID's and full names. I think the white screen people may not have as much to stand on as the people who were actually in the waiting room and frozen (no screen shots and no number in line for proof). Although I know that the white screen was some form of the waiting room that was just not loading, without the print screen and a number in line there would be little that CCI can do for those people.
What they should do (and I like what Transmute stated) is provide individual offers to all those with a frozen screen shot and a place in line. Then have a free for all Second Chance sale for all the others. This would go a long way to satisfy most people. You can never please everyone.

That would be ideal, but only *if* they have enou badges to do so.

Can anyone tell me if the second chance sale last year was in direct response to the problems that they had during open registration? Also, were they asking for screen shots last year, I do not remember.

Yes, I believe the second chance sale was in response to problems with the general sale. But they did not ask for screen shots in advance. That was completely new.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
Last year it was in direct response to the link issue. The special sale is not a normal yearly thing. The Ticket Leap year, they actually shut down the sale and held multiple ones because it crashed several times.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »
CCI has had a badge sale after the refund dead line for at least the past 2 years.  Neither of those times was it in response to problems but in response to cci wanting more people to have the opportunity to attend.

During one of those sales, CCI put a further restriction on the sale, regarding who was eligible to participate, this was the 'you can't buy if you've got a Sat.' clause.

However, if a deal is done to allow all the screen shot people to buy badges then there likely won't be any badges left for the resale.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:13:33 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5