Author Topic: How far are you coming from?  (Read 166427 times)

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
Re: How far are you coming from?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »
We're coming from Nashville, TN.

Yzrfan

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »
You have to admit SDCC is freaking awesome. Other then let's say the Olympics , what other event brings people from all over the world each and every year. It's true when people say us nerds are taking over the world!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:25:05 AM »

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »

El Segundo, Calif (the little city just south of LAX) , but my cousin is coming from Woodbury, Minnesota  (no not the one in The Walking Dead)  :P
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 01:34:12 PM »
Essex, UK

We are first timers

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
20 minute drive away

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
New Hampshire
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline JerseyGirl317

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
First time , From Brooklyn, New York  i can't wait

Hi neighbor! My husband comes from Brooklyn too. He tells people he's a New Yorker that go stuck living in Jersey.
I'm all grown up... No longer John_Yon's padawan.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »
Tustin, CA. About 1.5 hour car ride, 2.5ish train ride.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:15 AM »
As for where I'm coming from for the convention...
Technically, it would be South Korea because that's where I'm teaching English right now.
Normally, I'd be coming from my apartment in San Diego. ;p

Hey Zero that's very cool to be teaching English in South Korea. I've had a few friends and former classmates do it. By chance are you Korean yourself?

To the subject, like Transmute, I'm coming from NorCal but I'm on the "San Francisco" side  ;) That's a significant distinction for the peeps up here. However, I'm originally from SoCal ... 75% of my life there so it's still sort of home for me ... my parents, sister, best friend, best man at my wedding and all my buddies all still live there. So Comic Con is a family visit as well as an adventure. I commute in from my in-laws. It's a little more than an hour but it saves $$ on lodging so I can spend it at the show!

I'm amazed by how far some people come for SDCC. The UK? Singapore? Hell, even New Hampshire, Maryland, etc. I can't imagine! That's so costly, it must be like THE summer vacation trip! I forget being relatively close how big a deal it is. It's like Disneyland, I grew up 15 minutes from there and would go so often, it got boring, it's only as an adult I fully realize how big it is and that people come from all over the world to go there! I guess I should appreciate it and imagine it would be like me going to Hawaii, the Carribean or some exotic place!
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »
Hey Zero that's very cool to be teaching English in South Korea. I've had a few friends and former classmates do it. By chance are you Korean yourself?

To the subject, like Transmute, I'm coming from NorCal but I'm on the "San Francisco" side  ;) That's a significant distinction for the peeps up here. However, I'm originally from SoCal ... 75% of my life there so it's still sort of home for me ... my parents, sister, best friend, best man at my wedding and all my buddies all still live there. So Comic Con is a family visit as well as an adventure. I commute in from my in-laws. It's a little more than an hour but it saves $$ on lodging so I can spend it at the show!

I'm amazed by how far some people come for SDCC. The UK? Singapore? Hell, even New Hampshire, Maryland, etc. I can't imagine! That's so costly, it must be like THE summer vacation trip! I forget being relatively close how big a deal it is. It's like Disneyland, I grew up 15 minutes from there and would go so often, it got boring, it's only as an adult I fully realize how big it is and that people come from all over the world to go there! I guess I should appreciate it and imagine it would be like me going to Hawaii, the Carribean or some exotic place!

Ha ha, thanks.  It's been an interesting experience (both good and bad).  Nope, I'm not.

I suppose that's why Comic-Con's full name includes "International" in it because it really is. *laughs*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 01:22:57 AM »
I suppose that's why Comic-Con's full name includes "International" in it because it really is. *laughs*

Well if that's the case they should call it San Diego "take all my money" "stress me on badges and hotels" Comic Con :o because that's really what it is!
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 02:33:36 AM »
20 minute drive away

Swine!

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline starktower

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:47 AM »
Add another from Singapore! I've never been to SDCC before and the cons here are comparatively tiny, so I'm bracing myself to be overwhelmed. On the bright side, the weather in San Diego shouldn't be too hot!

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 08:50:47 AM »
Add another from Singapore! I've never been to SDCC before and the cons here are comparatively tiny, so I'm bracing myself to be overwhelmed. On the bright side, the weather in San Diego shouldn't be too hot!

The weather is perfect, about low 20s in the day and goes down to 13-15 at night so you can get by with a light jacket, and if you're planning to cosplay you won't melt in your outfit like you would back home, which is kind of why I never attend any conventions in Singapore. :p

Tip: You'll probably never get to sleep more than 2 hours a day during con week because there is just so much going on. Just keep awake and party on until you get on the plane back home, then you can crash for the entire flight.

Offline ceddyced

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 08:55:14 AM »
Hollywood California O0
Destruct sequence 1 code 1 1 A.
SDCC 2000-2019