Author Topic: Possible Hall H (Movie panels) based on release date  (Read 8974 times)

Offline reginadarlin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
Re: Possible Hall H (Movie panels) based on release date
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
There wasn't a Hobbit panel lat year due to filming in NZ at the time of SDCC. Any rumors or word on a Hobbit panel for this years offering? The 2012 Hobbit panel was AMAZING.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There wasn't a Hobbit panel lat year due to filming in NZ at the time of SDCC. Any rumors or word on a Hobbit panel for this years offering? The 2012 Hobbit panel was AMAZING.

I haven't heard any word about a Hobbit panel yet, but I think it's highly likely that they'll have a panel in Hall H (where else would it be?  ha ha) this year.  Some of the cast members are already making appearances at conventions like Calgary Expo and FantasyCon...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:38:10 AM »

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
I haven't heard any word about a Hobbit panel yet, but I think it's highly likely that they'll have a panel in Hall H (where else would it be?  ha ha) this year.  Some of the cast members are already making appearances at conventions like Calgary Expo and FantasyCon...
I would be extremely disappointed if there wasn't one.  This will really be their last chance to come to SDCC as there's almost 0 chance the Tolkien estate is handing over The Silmarillion to Jackson.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 12:04:09 AM »
I would be extremely disappointed if there wasn't one.  This will really be their last chance to come to SDCC as there's almost 0 chance the Tolkien estate is handing over The Silmarillion to Jackson.

Indeed!  Peter Jackson can always make other movies and come back to Comic-Con to promote something else on his own, but specifically, as a group for The Hobbit film franchise and its cast members, it would probably be the last chance to present a panel with the director and/or producers.  The Tolkien estate is never, ever, ever giving up the rights to the The Silmarillion.  I'll probably win the California lotto before that happens (and even then, the odds are much, much less than getting struck by lightning twice).

Ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline nightsky386

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »
Indeed!  Peter Jackson can always make other movies and come back to Comic-Con to promote something else on his own, but specifically, as a group for The Hobbit film franchise and its cast members, it would probably be the last chance to present a panel with the director and/or producers.  The Tolkien estate is never, ever, ever giving up the rights to the The Silmarillion.  I'll probably win the California lotto before that happens (and even then, the odds are much, much less than getting struck by lightning twice).

Ha ha.

Richard Armitage recently did an interview with TheOneRing.net and said that he thinks everyone is “definitely” going to SDCC this year. If that holds up, I think this may be the year I attempt getting into Hall H lol. =)

Offline reginadarlin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
I am hoping this is true! Not only because I love the Hobbit movies, but because if Martin Freeman is there, and possibly Benedict Cumberbatch, then that means there might be a good chance of a Sherlock panel too. I mean, Moffat and Gatiss will be there for Doctor Who anyway... I can hope till I hear otherwise  8)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »
Hey, I was thinking.  Except for parking and the badge resale, it seems like a lot of people are going to be looking for news around the panels.  There are usually a lot of questions speculating what panels might be where and when.  I also know this forum sometimes likes to use spreadsheets.  So, I was wondering.  Would a spreadsheet be helpful that shows panel locations, days and times for the past two years with empty columns for 2014 that we could populate as information became known.  Of course, once the official programs came out, the spreadsheet wouldn't be needed, but it would be a one source for people to look at info like "What day or time did X have a panel last year or the year before?"

What I envision is the following

Name of panel/Location in 2012, day, time/Location in 2013, day, time /Yes or No confirmed panel for 2014, location in 2014, day, time

Example                     2012                         2013                          2014
The Walking Dead     Hall H   Friday  1:25   Hall H  Friday  1:45    N (Y when panel is confirmed)  then add location, day, time if announced

It's a strong indication that The Walking Dead are likely to have a panel in Hall H on Friday sometime in the early afternoon.

I already created this in Excel for all the panels that were in Hall H or Ballroom 20, but don't know how to put it into a google doc.  Once it's in a spreadsheet it could be sorted or filtered as needed.  Anyway, just a suggestion since we tend to get a lot questions around this type of info on the forum.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »
Hey, I was thinking.  Except for parking and the badge resale, it seems like a lot of people are going to be looking for news around the panels.  There are usually a lot of questions speculating what panels might be where and when.  I also know this forum sometimes likes to use spreadsheets.  So, I was wondering.  Would a spreadsheet be helpful that shows panel locations, days and times for the past two years with empty columns for 2014 that we could populate as information became known.  Of course, once the official programs came out, the spreadsheet wouldn't be needed, but it would be a one source for people to look at info like "What day or time did X have a panel last year or the year before?"

What I envision is the following

Name of panel/Location in 2012, day, time/Location in 2013, day, time /Yes or No confirmed panel for 2014, location in 2014, day, time

Example                     2012                         2013                          2014
The Walking Dead     Hall H   Friday  1:25   Hall H  Friday  1:45    N (Y when panel is confirmed)  then add location, day, time if announced

It's a strong indication that The Walking Dead are likely to have a panel in Hall H on Friday sometime in the early afternoon.

I already created this in Excel for all the panels that were in Hall H or Ballroom 20, but don't know how to put it into a google doc.  Once it's in a spreadsheet it could be sorted or filtered as needed.  Anyway, just a suggestion since we tend to get a lot questions around this type of info on the forum.

That's an interesting idea!  (Ha ha, I love how we're using Google Docs for everything now.)

You can upload the Excel spreadsheet onto Google Drive and then follow these steps:

(For your information:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

You should also be able to copy and paste the Excel spreadsheet's information into a new Google Doc spreadsheet, but the formatting of certain columns or rows might be messed up.  (You can fix those in Google Docs though.)

See if that works.  If not, I can give a step-by-step process to help you. ^__^d

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 04:01:19 PM »
Thanks, that seemed easy.  Does the link below work?  Would something like this be useful?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2014, 04:04:39 PM »
Thanks, that seemed easy.  Does the link below work?  Would something like this be useful?

The privacy settings on the Google Doc spreadsheet would have to be changed to "Public" access.  Otherwise, people would have to sign in with their Google accounts (unless that was intentional, ha ha) and then given access by you, the owner of the spreadsheet.

I can't access it.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »
Nope, wasn't intentional.  Just didn't know any better.  Try it again.  You should also be able to edit it if there is anything anyone wants to add.

Offline Alexx387

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »

Nope, wasn't intentional.  Just didn't know any better.  Try it again.  You should also be able to edit it if there is anything anyone wants to add.

It works! I can see it. Thanks for this.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »

It looks great!  Thank you for taking the time to do this, Dave.  ^__^/

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 07:41:10 AM »
Dave, this looks great! Thanks for compiling all of the info!

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 08:07:07 AM »
Thanks.  I added about a dozen more TV shows from other rooms that might have panels in 2014.  Obviously, this isn't all-inclusive (outside of Hall H and Ballroom 20), so if you want to see anything else, let me know.  I know we'll have much better listings once we start to see the announcements, but thought it's a useful guide to help speculate on how things might end up.  Even for the shows cancelled, it tells you there's an open time slot for something new.