Author Topic: Dragon Con 2024  (Read 2003 times)

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
Dragon Con 2024
« on: October 19, 2023, 01:51:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, Thur, Aug. 29 – Mon, Sep. 2, 2024 in Atlanta, GA. Founded in 1987. This is an annual event that happens over Labor Day weekend every year. Dragon Con takes place over five host hotels (plus 1-2 buildings for the vendors area) and has about 70,000+ attendees. In 2019 there were 85,000 attendees and they have been slowly building back up since 2021. Many people will arrive on Wed, Aug 28 to get an early start. There are some unofficial, fan-run activities on Wednesday night.

Save money by buying your membership ticket early. The price will slowly increase throughout the year. Single day tickets usually go on sale about 3-4 weeks before the con. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - official page with the Dragon Con host and overflow hotels.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - unofficial, fan-run resource to find hotel rooms, roommates, ride shares, and more.

Like SDCC, Dragon Con has many regular attendees. They have built up many annual traditions over the years.

Their official social media channels are very active. They have an email list but don't send out very many emails throughout the year.
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Dragon Con 2024
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 06:16:33 AM »
Love and miss this con so much. Have not gone since I lost my Hyatt legacy thanks to Covid (we didn't want to go the first year they were back - Delta variant was surging at the time). I do get the streaming pass so that I can see the panels (I like the updates the most - gives me a little con flavor). If I ever get the Hyatt back, I might return. I know it seems narrow-minded, but I need some reason to curb my con spending LOL

I do highly recommend this con!
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:20:09 AM »

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 10:45:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , Did you ever get your Hyatt legacy back for Dragon Con?

They just released tickets for the Dragon Con Night at the Aquarium Event. Have you ever been to that?

- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 06:37:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , Did you ever get your Hyatt legacy back for Dragon Con?

They just released tickets for the Dragon Con Night at the Aquarium Event. Have you ever been to that?

No, I have not gotten my Hyatt legacy back - it is really difficult to do, and luck plays a big part (I also have not been very diligent)

I have not been to the Aquarium event, but I know it is very popular and a lot of fun.
Ang