Author Topic: Best Offsite You Went To/Offsite Review!  (Read 15480 times)

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Re: Best Offsite You Went To/Offsite Review!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
Funko Friday and 30th Anniversary of Aliens. Having James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd & Sigourney Weaver come to the theater and say thanks, was awesome.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
I enjoyed conival.  It's the best kept secret.  I wish I knew about Ash vs. Evil Dead but I got my fill of Bruce Campbell at the Nerdist panel, was wishing for Lucy Lawless to show up :P

Game of Thrones was a huge let-down :(

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:12:02 AM »

Offline thelisalower

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 05:59:42 PM »
I love the Nerd HQ panels so much. I'm way happier that they had stadium seating and air conditioning. I also went to Conan for the first time and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Funko Friday and 30th Anniversary of Aliens. Having James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd & Sigourney Weaver come to the theater and say thanks, was awesome.

I'm envious. Tried too late to get tickets to that. Once, I ran into James Cameron in passing decades ago at a professional conference. For years, Aliens was my favorite movie of all time. I had it pretty much on continuous loop on my laserdisc player just in case there was nothing better to watch.

Offline Roo_bear

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 08:16:50 PM »
Outside of the suicide squad (samsung) line, we had a great time every where else. Screen junkies central was fun with Kevin Smith. Catching the preacher panel at conival was good, and so was going to the ash v evil dead cabin.
Sdcc 2016,2017, 2019.

Offline sdxavie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »
Even though only had tickets for 2 days inside, I always found ways to enjoy myself! Best off sites though were going to Screen Junkies Central panels/internet shows @ Moosnshine Flats; Nerd Nite for Nat Geo @ Hotel Solamar w/the free alcohol, food, & desserts for 4 hours!; parties @ Henry's for fans of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter party & that video game company; South Park 20th Anniversary; and again, at Henry's for their Game of Thrones decor, while serving 3 GoT beers, with commemorative glasses!

Offline sdxavie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »
 :) Oh yeah, and The Aquabats show @ House of Blues and the Heroes Brewfest at Waterfront Park.

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »
Best off sites though were going to Screen Junkies Central panels/internet shows @ Moosnshine Flats

The Screen Junkies thing was OK. I went for the Star Trek one. I got the feeling they were having problems filling those panels. The Star Trek one wasn't full and people kept getting up and leaving in the middle which seem to cause the director looking guy concern. Many times when it happened he would have a scrunched up look on his face and start talking on his radio. Then some other people would be sent in from the back to fill the gap. Personally, when I commit to be an audience member for these tapings, I commit to be an audience member. So I  stay all the way through and act excited and clap enthusiastically when appropriate. They did kind of lie about it. When they sold it to me outside they said there would be cast members. There were cast members alright but they were all previously taped.

For me, the most effective if not best offsite was Mr. Robot. Not only did it inspire me to catch up on season 2 but I also went back to watch season 1 while waiting for this week's episode to come out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:59:49 AM by pieistasty »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »
My favorite off-site event was the Screen Junkies party on Thursday night. I really hope they do it again next year!

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 08:40:55 AM »
Conan on Weds, Wikia Fandom Party Thirsday, and Fundays Friday were all awesome.  Got cool swag at 2/3 and the other had free food and an open bar which was awesome.  I hope all of them return (know Conan and Fundays will) but I want to actually be able to go again!

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 08:43:02 AM »
Oh Heroes Brewfest was cool too if you like beer! Would maybe do that again so much panels on Saturday bummed I missed the expanse.  Had SyFy live tix for Friday but missed it and kind of happy I did.  I'd be pissed being up there for 3 1/2 hours and I hear everyone bashing that hype man.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
Toss up between W00tstock and Nerd HQ. Both were new for us this year and really enjoyed both.

SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 08:05:22 AM »
I really liked both Suicide Squad and Timeless. SS had cool activities and was pretty chill once you got inside. You took a photo, made a Tshirt, a temporary tattoo, and an extra souvenir engraved with your name (shot glass, keychain, dogtag) They gave you a snack and water and a lollipop and they had the best VR in the con (At least in terms of turning around everywhere). You could also get a Joker/Harley makeover and do a funny photoset.

And timeless had a nice story, you took a picture and the carnival ride (I love this ride). I was really surprised you only had to line up for about 20 minutes to get in. Probably the fastest line I made in the entire con.

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 06:51:11 PM »
I really liked both Suicide Squad and Timeless. SS had cool activities and was pretty chill once you got inside. You took a photo, made a Tshirt, a temporary tattoo, and an extra souvenir engraved with your name (shot glass, keychain, dogtag) They gave you a snack and water and a lollipop and they had the best VR in the con (At least in terms of turning around everywhere). You could also get a Joker/Harley makeover and do a funny photoset.

And timeless had a nice story, you took a picture and the carnival ride (I love this ride). I was really surprised you only had to line up for about 20 minutes to get in. Probably the fastest line I made in the entire con.

Bah really?! My group and I went in around 4:30 on Thursday and they had already closed off the t-shirt line. We weren't told about the extra souvenir, or the Harley/joker makeover :-(

They did go all out on the offsite and the atmosphere was really cool.

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 01:01:54 PM »
Bah really?! My group and I went in around 4:30 on Thursday and they had already closed off the t-shirt line. We weren't told about the extra souvenir, or the Harley/joker makeover :-(

They did go all out on the offsite and the atmosphere was really cool.
They didn't tell us about it either, we only found out because we were wandering around waiting for the tshirt to come out. They were right next to the Tshirts, on that same side.