Author Topic: Teen Wolf Panel And Special Booth, Ballroom 20, 3:30PM- 4:30  (Read 15018 times)

Offline farseeker

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
Re: Teen Wolf Panel And Special Booth
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:40 AM »
I'd also really like to see some press day stuff on your site - a lot of the stuff there hits on what I find problematic with Teen Wolf. I tend to enjoy the actors/actresses and think they do a great job, and that the bones of the show are good but it's becoming increasingly obvious that the writers and Jeff Davis don't really have a clue when it comes to things like consistent characterisation, plotlines etc...

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 06:18:46 AM »
Hmmm....I'm going to have to check out The Geekiary.  Good luck on the press passes! 

Teen Wolf signing at 11:30-12:30 at Twentieth Century Fox Booth #4213 Friday 7/25.
Twitter feed: @mel641

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Teen Wolf Panel And Special Booth, Ballroom 20, 3:30PM- 4:30
« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:52:48 AM »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Friday seems like "press day."  I applied for this. Don't know if I'll get it.  My website is known for writing a lot of controversial stuff about the show so they may take one look and go "uh no."  Or they might just glance and see we've written 30+ articles about it in 5 months and let us by.  I have no idea how this "approval" process works.  As far as Teen Wolf FANDOM is concerned, people know us.  But we aren't a big outlet at all.

Fingers crossed.

I also applied for press room and have the same fears! I'm the sole Teen Wolf writer at my site and I have not been happy with the show lately, so I worry I won't be granted access. On the other hand, I write about it ALL THE TIME and I have been admitted to both NYCC press rooms. My admin tells me not to worry, but I'm still nervous. It's literally the only thing I legitimately WANT to cover and I don't want to be denied just because I'm not gushy gushy about it.

P.S. I LOVE your articles on it. Most other sites don't seem to acknowledge the issues and it's refreshing to see another outlet have the same concerns that I do. Your Stiles/Malia article was brilliant.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:03 AM »
I applied as well but being nervous is 100% normal!

angel_k

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 07:49:39 AM »

I also applied for press room and have the same fears! I'm the sole Teen Wolf writer at my site and I have not been happy with the show lately, so I worry I won't be granted access. On the other hand, I write about it ALL THE TIME and I have been admitted to both NYCC press rooms. My admin tells me not to worry, but I'm still nervous. It's literally the only thing I legitimately WANT to cover and I don't want to be denied just because I'm not gushy gushy about it.

P.S. I LOVE your articles on it. Most other sites don't seem to acknowledge the issues and it's refreshing to see another outlet have the same concerns that I do. Your Stiles/Malia article was brilliant.

Thanks! Gotta say I'm not the one to take credit for those pieces though.  We have 3 brilliant writers this season who don't always agree but really give it their all.  I'm conferring with them for questions to ask.  I'm encountering the same problem with Supernatural but the PR  team for that show has always been polite to me so maybe they 1) haven't read my articles or 2) appreciate any publicity, even controversial stuff.  We'll see how that goes too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »
Well, I doubt PR teams have time to read EVERY article for EVERY press request. Can you imagine? LOL

angel_k

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
Well, I doubt PR teams have time to read EVERY article for EVERY press request. Can you imagine? LOL

Good point.  For the CW I included a link to my masterpost of Supernatural articles and then some very carefully selected positive articles in the hopes they look at those.  Since I don't write for Teen Wolf I just sent links to our masterposts and prayed to the Old Gods that it'd work out.  Some of the titles on those masterlists are a pretty big give away that it's not so positive though.  :-\   Wonderful titles such as "10 Things That Makes Less Sense Than Malia" and "Baiting the Fandom That Feeds you."  I love my writers, though.  I really really do.  Wouldn't give up their controversial scrapiness for anything.  Like I said, I'm equally critical of Supernatural.  We're on the same page when it comes to content.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 07:04:29 AM »
Oh, I didn't send links, I wonder if I should have. :( I've been in their press room the past two years at NYCC, I was kind of hoping I would be on a list or something.

angel_k

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 07:07:33 AM »
I'm not sure if sending links is standard, but I do it whenever I talk with PR people in general just to show that my site has a reason for wanting to do the things we are asking to do.  But I might be going against the grain.  I don't know.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 07:09:17 AM »
I didn't do it at NYCC, but a lot of the bigger outlets don't go to that, so they probably take more people. Damn. Now I wish I'd thought of that. Teen Wolf is legitimately the only thing I cover, I will cry if I don't get in. (I mean, my editor will have me doing other stuff, but still.)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 08:31:29 AM »
Try not to stress. I saw A LOT of fan blogs/websites in the rooms I was in last year. Remember that larger press (like EW) will have their own interviews done at their own location.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »
I had actually not considered that. Thanks!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 09:34:17 AM »
I had actually not considered that. Thanks!

No problem! I know TV Guide does their own "off site" interviews as well. I think they normally have a yacht.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
Teen Wolf Panel And Special Booth
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:04 AM »
Ask Damian Holbrook he is usually on the TV Guide yacht :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
Re: Teen Wolf Panel And Special Booth, Ballroom 20, 3:30PM- 4:30
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
They released the covers for the special edition DVDs You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I have to say, I'm super bummed that I have a limited budget (and already own all of the seasons on DVD) because I kind of want to buy all of them.