Author Topic: A new auto signing procedure for the WB at SDCC?  (Read 40860 times)

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
Re: A new auto signing procedure for the WB at SDCC?
« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As an aside, I don't think this necessarily increases Hall H lines. You pretty much have to choose autograph or panel since the autograph sessions are either immediately before or immediately after a panel and take long enough that I wouldn't personally feel comfy risking it with a bathroom pass as they can often be delayed making you late or they get cut off and people who show up late don't get in even with a wristband.

I think people mean it will just increase the overnight Hall H lines, since previously you had to choose between the "Hall H" and "Everything Else" lines to camp in. So all the people who were only in the EE line for autograph drawings will now be somewhere else, and some of them will be in the H line.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »
I think people mean it will just increase the overnight Hall H lines, since previously you had to choose between the "Hall H" and "Everything Else" lines to camp in. So all the people who were only in the EE line for autograph drawings will now be somewhere else, and some of them will be in the H line.

I agree with this.  While I have always gone the other way (prioritize panels above autos), people who have prioritized autos above panels don't have to make that choice now.

If autos are after panels, you don't have to choose.  You can go from one directly to the other.  If it's before that gets tricky because you risk the room being full.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #317 on: Today at 05:23:50 AM »

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
What makes me think it is because they call it the "exclusives" portal and they never called it that when all they sold was their preorder merch did they? Also, because none of these companies enjoy having to staff Sails distribution and come up with ticketing solutions and have been asking CCI for lottery for years. These companies have been handling their business at the other big Cons with lotteries for a couple years now.

As an aside, I don't think this necessarily increases Hall H lines. You pretty much have to choose autograph or panel since the autograph sessions are either immediately before or immediately after a panel and take long enough that I wouldn't personally feel comfy risking it with a bathroom pass as they can often be delayed making you late or they get cut off and people who show up late don't get in even with a wristband.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I believe that’s exactly what they called it at wondercon “exclusives” that is. I don’t think their personal wants really factor into what SDCC decides as they’ve shown previously they march to the beat of their own drum. Ultimately it’s speculation but I’m defering to SDCC blog here and their history is pretty good on this stuff 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2018, 01:31:19 PM »
I believe that’s exactly what they called it at wondercon “exclusives” that is. I don’t think their personal wants really factor into what SDCC decides as they’ve shown previously they march to the beat of their own drum. Ultimately it’s speculation but I’m defering to SDCC blog here and their history is pretty good on this stuff 🤷‍♂️

I defer to no one because this is all speculation and as I said, there are no big exclusives at WonderCon, ever, you can't go by how they used it there and apply it to SDCC. Also, a great deal of whatever the blog posts is stuff I saw here first. There is no magical connection over there that is privvy to anything we don't know and they have often been wrong. Last year's hotel sale date comes immediately to mind.

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »
I defer to no one because this is all speculation and as I said, there are no big exclusives at WonderCon, ever, you can't go by how they used it there and apply it to SDCC. Also, a great deal of whatever the blog posts is stuff I saw here first. There is no magical connection over there that is privvy to anything we don't know and they have often been wrong. Last year's hotel sale date comes immediately to mind.

You realize lawboysam cross posts some stuff right because she runs sdcc blog? And they do have some sources we don’t have here. They break news all the time; case in point the bait booth pop.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »
SDCC Blog is usually right but on a few rare occasions they announce something that turns out to be false.
Like they said on Twitter there would be signings for Krypton and Lucifer at Wondercon and there weren't.
Actually they made a blog post about it here:

I actually spoke to Comic Con staff at Wondercon and they said no lottery for SDCC until 2019.
But of course they might have changed their minds.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:47:54 PM by Godolphin »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
You realize lawboysam cross posts some stuff right because she runs sdcc blog? And they do have some sources we don’t have here. They break news all the time; case in point the bait booth pop.

I've been around here a long time. I know who she is. She was a modertor here first and she's here reading every day. Things we say here end up there. Which is fine, I'm just saying it's not a special source on anything when it comes to what is going on inside CCI.

Also, CCI absolutely DOES care what their vendors think and want. Especially the big ones.

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
I've been around here a long time. I know who she is. She was a modertor here first and she's here reading every day. Things we say here end up there. Which is fine, I'm just saying it's not a special source on anything when it comes to what is going on inside CCI.

Also, CCI absolutely DOES care what their vendors think and want. Especially the big ones.

I’m not going to argue with you here because ultimately we dont agree but we’re both coming from logical places based on the info we have. I think it’s pretty clear that at least for this year there won’t be a lottery for SDCC exclusives. Phrasing; history; and statements by people like godolphin above lead me to believe that. You have equally valid reasons. Well know in 60 Days or less 🧐

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »
You have equally valid reasons. Well know in 60 Days or less 🧐

Hopefully less.  Come on CCI, we are obsessive planners.  Let us plan.

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »
Hopefully less.  Come on CCI, we are obsessive planners.  Let us plan.

This ;) I think we're a special bunch when it comes to over-preparing no matter the possibility. That's why these discussions are fun!

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »
Like last year, was like my first year back to go and chance volunteer for a first time in so long i made sure to have stuff incase stuck outside in heat. and lucky that have bag check so u can have them store a bag while u job and not have it get misplaced at anytime. i read comments as much as possible so i aware what is possible and good they try to prepare us for the big event ahead of time. so learned alot from last year so im sure some things may change but not everything.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2018, 09:45:32 PM »
I attend the ATX TV Festival in Austin.  It's in a few weeks.  Here's how they handle distributing "fast passes", which give you "front of the line" positions for getting into panels.  Here's how they do it:

ATX Badgeholders,

Be on the lookout!  Badge codes are coming tomorrow, TUESDAY, MAY 22. You will receive an email copy of your Badge Receipt that will include your Fast Pass Lottery Badge Code and instructions on entering your top eight (8) panel and screening preferences.

Here’s what it will look like:

<image that says each badge has a unique code and how to enter it>

Three things to remember:

1) Enter your preferences in order of HIGHEST (1) to LOWEST (8) priority. Fast Passes will be assigned based on availability!

2) Select a TOTAL of eight (8) different screenings and panels. If you submit LESS than eight different selections, you are NOT guaranteed four (4) Fast Passes. Entering a single piece of programming more than once will NOT increase your odds of securing a Fast Pass to that event.

3) All Fast Pass Preferences must be submitted by Friday, May 25 at 11:59 PM CT for your submission to be valid. Please email [email protected] with any questions during the process.

Lastly...

You will be notified of your confirmed Fast Passes by 12 PM CT on Monday, May 28.

After that, you can log into our ONLINE GUIDE using your same badge code, and add, drop, or switch out Fast Passes for events with open Fast Pass availability. And please remember, even if an event is indicated as “full”, that just means that all the available Fast Passes have been reserved, not that the event is closed. Fast Passes only account for ⅓ of the venue -- so you’ll still have ample opportunity to attend via the General Badgeholder line!

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »
Sweet Mondo first inline to use the new system! Can't wait to see what other vendors use it to sell their releases!

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2018, 12:05:36 PM »
Pretty sure Mondo will still do their normal booth thing and this is just for the one with CCI

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »
Agreed. Mondo is all about lines! I think this is only because it’s the cover for the souvenir guide!