Author Topic: 2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread  (Read 95028 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »
No clue how this process will work.

I assume you log in to your reservation, update the names and then make your 2 night deposit to hold. If anyone has done this before or has insight, please share!

Otherwise, if you have an extra reservation and want to give it away or if you're looking to obtain something on your preference list, post and see if someone can help you out!

Good luck!

HOW TO GIVE AWAY RESERVATION:

1) Click link provided in email
2) Enter information as requested (last name, reservation # and reservation phone #)
3) Click Reservation Change
4) Update reservation names, dates, etc
5) Enter Payment info

(will update with more specifics once the link allows me back in - sporadic)

--------------------------------------------------------------

LIST OF HOTEL RESERVATIONS FOR TRADE/GIVING AWAY:

• Post the name of the hotel and the dates of the reservation.  We'll start up a list for potential trades between forum members. 
  • If you are interested in a particular reservation, contact the person via PM and work out the details.
  • We will link the person's post offering the hotel for easy accessibility.  To be fair, please use a "first-come, first-served" system when you get people PMing or e-mailing you to take your offer.
  • If you max out the PM limit, you can click the little envelope button under the person's "Join Date" and avatar picture in the post.  The PM limit is supposed reset every hour, but if you used up your PMs for that hour, I recommend using the e-mail system on the forums.
  • As usual, the moderators and administrators at the Friends of CCI Forum are not responsible for the reservation offer.  It is between you and the party of interest.
  • To protect yourself, remember to NEVER give your personal financial information in this thread!

To simplify the info for easy-viewing, the template in this post will be as follows:

Name of the Hotel (The list of hotels will be alphabetized as well!)
Name of person giving away the reservation (original dates of reservation, # of beds, # of people)     *additional notes*
We will also link the person's original offer as reference. 

*NOTE: THE DETAILS IN THE RESERVATION CAN BE MODIFIED.  Once the reservation has been "transferred" to your name, you can change the dates and number of people, if necessary.  Availability is subject to each individual hotel.

If the entry is crossed out, then the offer has been taken. (After a few weeks or so, we will remove the entry from the list.) 

Please note that if there are two entries for one person, it means that he/she has TWO SEPARATE reservations at the hotel.

Without much ado, here is the list!

If your trade/giveaway offer has been taken, please PM You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, or leave a message in this thread, to ask to be crossed off of the list.

ANDAZ SAN DIEGO
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/13 to 7/21)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/13 to 7/21)        *booked through the Hilton*

BAY CLUB HOTEL AND MARINA AT SHELTER ISLAND
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21)

BW HACIENDA HOTEL OLD TOWN SD
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 4 people, 2 beds)

BW ISLAND PALMS HOTEL AND MARINA
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 4 people, 2 beds)

CORONADO ISLAND MARRIOTT RESORT
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 2 people)

COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT MISSION VALLEY
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 4 people, 2 beds)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 bed)      *looking for 1 or 2 rooms for 3 people; 2 beds*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 1 person, 1 bed)      *looking for 1 or 2 rooms for 3 people; 2 beds*

COURTYARD SAN DIEGO AIRPORT/LIBERTY STATION
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/14 to 7/22)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/15 to 7/22)       *looking to TRADE for Marriott Marquis or Hilton Bayfront; $219 per night*

CROWNE PLAZA SAN DIEGO
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 2 beds)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 2 beds)      *includes breakfast for 2; $169.00 per night through TP*

DOUBLETREE DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 2 beds)

DOUBLETREE SAN DIEGO HOTEL CIRCLE
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7-17 to 7-21, 3 people, 2 queen beds)

EMBASSY SUITES SAN DIEGO BAY (Bayview Suites)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 2 beds, 1 pull-out sofa bed)      *looking to TRADE for Omni for 2 people, 2 beds*

GASLAMP PLAZA SUITES (Mini-Suite Lower Room: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 3 people, 1 queen bed, 1 pull-out sofa bed)      *not through Travel Planners; $424 per night, no deposit required*

HANDLERY HOTEL SAN DIEGO (Mission Valley)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 1 person, 1 bed)      *looking for 1 or 2 rooms for 3 people; 2 beds*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 bed)      *looking for 1 or 2 rooms for 3 people; 2 beds*

HILTON SAN DIEGO AIRPORT HARBOR ISLAND
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22)

HILTON SAN DIEGO BAYFRONT
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/14 to 7/22, 3 people, 2 beds)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 3 people, 2 beds)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 3 people, 2 beds)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 3 people, 2 beds)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 1 king bed or 2 beds)      *looking to TRADE for Residence Inn Gaslamp*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 1 person, 1 bed)        *looking to TRADE for Hard Rock*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 2 beds)       *looking to TRADE for Hard Rock*

HOTEL SOLAMAR
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/21, 2 people, 1 king bed)         *$275 per night*

INN AT SUNSET CLIFF
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 queen bed)        *You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login; $175.00 per night*

MANCHESTER GRAND HYATT
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 bed)         *$299 per night, did not post in thread (PMed me to put it up)*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/13 to 7/22, conference suite)        *$254 per night; dates are not adjustable; click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for details*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/13 to 7/22, ADA king room,  $229 per night)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 bed)         *$299 per night, did not post in thread (PMed me to put it up)*

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/18 to 7/21, 2 people, 2 beds)       *looking to TRADE, click on username link for details*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/19 to 7/21, 1 king bed)      *looking to TRADE for Marriott Marquis and Marina or Hilton Bayfront*

MISSION VALLEY
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 4 people, 2 beds)         *click on username link or PM for more details*

OMNI SAN DIEGO HOTEL
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 1 person, 1 bed)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 1 person, 1 bed)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 2 people)

RESIDENCE INN DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 1 queen bed with 1 pull-out sofa bed)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/18/ to 7/21, 2 people, 1 queen bed)

RESIDENCE INN GASLAMP QUARTER
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 7/22, 1 queen, 1 pull-out sofa)        *looking for TRADE for Hilton Bayfront*

SAN DIEGO MARRIOTT MARQUIS AND MARINA
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 2 beds)          *looking to TRADE for Omni for 2 people, 2 beds*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (7/17 to 7/22, 1 king bed or 2 beds)     *looking to TRADE for Embassy Suites S.D. Bay or Residence Inn Gaslamp Quarter*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (7/17 to 7/20, 1 king bed or 2 beds)     *looking to TRADE for Embassy Suites S.D. Bay or Residence Inn Gaslamp Quarter*
(This is NOT a typo.  newbie12 has two rooms with different dates at the hotel.)

SAN DIEGO MARRIOTT MISSION VALLEY
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 2 people, 2 beds)

THE SOFIA HOTEL
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21)       *not through the Travel Planners' website.  $306-332 per night, no deposit required*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22)       *not through the Travel Planners' website.  $306-332 per night, no deposit required*

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 bed)      *looking to TRADE, click on username link for details*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/22, 2 people, 1 bed)      *looking to TRADE, click on username link for details*

TOWN AND COUNTRY RESORT HOTEL
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/16 to 7/22, 4 people, 2 beds)

U.S. GRANT HOTEL
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (7/17 to 7/21, 1 king bed or 2 beds)        *looking to TRADE for any of the downtown hotels; click on username for more details*

WESTIN GASLAMP QUARTER

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:39:08 PM by Zero »
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
Re: 2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »
We do not know if we will we offering or begging for a downtown hotel yet but either way, I'm in!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:02:35 PM »

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »
We do not know if we will we offering or begging for a downtown hotel yet but either way, I'm in!

same as above, though I'm a loner.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »
Here here!  Ill need 2 rooms together, but that will mean I will also have two to offer!  I'm already getting so antsy about the results.

angel_k

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »
We chose 4 hotels downtown and 2 hotels in Mission Valley.  If we get stuck in Mission valley, help getting a room downtown would be appreciated.  Likewise, if we end up with 2 downtown, toooootally willing to swap it over.  The four we are really rooting for are the Bristol Hotel, the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown, Best Western Bayside Inn and Four Points by Sheraton.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
My sister and I both requested all downtown hotels, so if we get anything good we'll happily offer up whatever we're not using. (And if we don't get anything, I'll be here begging for whatever downtown scraps there are).

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »
We submitted two requests but only need one room so hopefully I'll have something good to offer!

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
This is a great idea! Our group had no luck last year with the hotel lottery but hoping this year will be different. Definitely willing to help out if we do wind up with an extra room!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »
Spoke w/ Heather from TP. She said the transfer process is "really easy."

When you receive the confirmation, it'll have a link for you to go in and fill out your info and leave a credit card. You can either fill the info out yourself or you can provide the link to whoever is taking over the room for them to go in and update it to their info and put down a credit card.

She seemed very confident that it wouldn't be difficult to transfer the reservation. Once the confirmation emails start coming out, I'll attempt to do so and will update the first post w/ instructions on how to do a transfer (so that you don't lose it!) or if someone else figures it out before then and wants to share the easy way to do it, it'd be appreciated!

Offline Harry Wang

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
Spoke w/ Heather from TP. She said the transfer process is "really easy."

When you receive the confirmation, it'll have a link for you to go in and fill out your info and leave a credit card. You can either fill the info out yourself or you can provide the link to whoever is taking over the room for them to go in and update it to their info and put down a credit card.

She seemed very confident that it wouldn't be difficult to transfer the reservation. Once the confirmation emails start coming out, I'll attempt to do so and will update the first post w/ instructions on how to do a transfer (so that you don't lose it!) or if someone else figures it out before then and wants to share the easy way to do it, it'd be appreciated!
Whoo!

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 04:12:22 PM »
Could just list what you have, and give the link to the first PM you get or whatever.
Or beg for a reservation and whoever has an extra can PM the reservation link to them.

Ill probably be begging as I misclicked the number of rooms and it wouldn't let me continue till I set it back to 1 room and reentered the names =(. I think i was done by 9:08

Offline Harry Wang

• Freebie Table
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
It also depends on the number of days reserved right?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »
It also depends on the number of days reserved right?

As far as I know and remember, you can change that in the reservation when you go to pay.

Offline Harry Wang

• Freebie Table
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »
As far as I know and remember, you can change that in the reservation when you go to pay.
Oh cool, thanks.

Offline VinnytheSquid

• Freebie Table
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
I'll be happy to participate in a trade if I can help someone out. Of course, I could be looking for a room myself.