Author Topic: Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H  (Read 42657 times)

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 08:31:26 PM »
Last years iZombie panel was great...and so easy to get into.
Fingers crossed its half as easy this year.

I really enjoyed the panel last year! Made me excited to see the show, and actually keep my excitement until it premiered mid-season. I think it should be easy to walk into B20 by that time, unless something huge is scheduled in the one slot after it.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
Does anyone know how the lines for those with disabilities work for Hall H?  Line up times, locations, etc or where I can get that information.  I'm going with family who would need that line.  There's no way he can camp out in the main line with us for all of those hours.  Is the ADA line indoors?  Thanks for any info.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H
« Reply #47 on: Today at 11:13:51 AM »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know how the lines for those with disabilities work for Hall H?  Line up times, locations, etc or where I can get that information.  I'm going with family who would need that line.  There's no way he can camp out in the main line with us for all of those hours.  Is the ADA line indoors?  Thanks for any info.

The disabled entrance is inside in Hall G next to Hall H.  Not sure where the line starts in the morning before the convention center opens however as it will be somewhere outside. I think its next to the normal entrance of Hall H outside but don't quote me on that.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2015, 03:53:09 AM »
Last year the disabilities line for Hall H started near the normal Hall H entrance and ran along the side of the building (where the planters and the exit doors are).  It started small in the evening and by morning stretched along the entire wall and then extended onto the sidewalk.  If you just go to the same area where the grass and tents are the CCI staff will direct you.  While it looked like the line was quite long, it was single file and people were spaced out, so I'm sure it was much shorter once compressed.  But yes, even in this line there were overnight campers, some sleeping in wheelchairs.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2015, 05:21:37 AM »
They really need an large overflow room where you can still see footage - Hall H just isn't going to be big enough for Star Wars or DC/Warner - Please Comic-con - we need a bigger room (or multiple rooms) - work something out with Lucasfilm and Warner please!

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2015, 07:35:38 AM »

I find the ADA line lacking in structure... as people already said, before it opens it's outside. I'm going for my second year with someone with mobility problems, she's not in a wheelchair, she can walk with some difficulties, and she can't sit on anything lower than a regular chair (like those foldable chairs), and there's no sitting area near the line, making it impossible for us (me as her attendant) to camp out.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2015, 08:21:16 AM »
Was it confirmed that Marvel wasn't coming because of D23? I thought it was because they really don't have anything new to put out there.

It hasn't been flat-out said (and it likely won't be), but there is no other explanation.  They included Ant-Man in their panel last year when Ant-Man hadn't even started production yet!  The year they had a panel for the first CAPTAIN AMERICA and THOR, they had been shooting CAP for only a couple of days but still brought a full-edited scene to Comic-Con.  Chris Evans said he hadn't even worn the final costume yet!

Marvel would've had PLENTY of time to bring CIVIL WAR sizzle reel if they wanted to: the excuse of "nothing new" was not a direct quote attributed to anyone, and when the Deadline writer wrote that (
With so many hit franchises in working order, Marvel’s Kevin Feige just doesn’t have anything new to show this year. That happened in 2011, the last time Marvel skipped the Con.
) I think it is significantly disingenuous in regards to 2011 as Marvel showed an AWESOME Avengers sizzle reel at D23 less than a month after Comic-Con.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2015, 08:24:17 AM »
They really need an large overflow room where you can still see footage - Hall H just isn't going to be big enough for Star Wars or DC/Warner - Please Comic-con - we need a bigger room (or multiple rooms) - work something out with Lucasfilm and Warner please!
DEFINITELY!  Or just put footage online.  Or just live-stream it to get the hype exponentially larger.  Celebration Anaheim was an AWESOME example of Lucasfilm sharing to ALL of their fans the new trailer + panel talk, and there's no reason this can't technically happen at Comic-Con.  The only excuses would be if either the studio doesn't want what is essentially "work product" to be released unto the cynical world, or if CCI thrives on the "we're super exclusive so sorry people who can't get a badge you miss EVERYTHING."  Either answer is legitimate, but technologically Lucasfilm has shown this is possible.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »
  • Disney owns Star Wars...
  • Disney just announced Star Wars for SDCC in Hall H...
  • Lots of time left for additional panels that same day in Hall H...
  • Disney owns Marvel...
  • ...wouldn't it be a cool surprise...

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
  • Disney owns Star Wars...
  • Disney just announced Star Wars for SDCC in Hall H...
  • Lots of time left for additional panels that same day in Hall H...
  • Disney owns Marvel...
  • ...wouldn't it be a cool surprise...

I would love that
I would almost love Deadline being wrong as much as a Marvel Panel  :P

Also to add to your above list, The official Comic-Con banners in downtown San Diego feature Ant-Man.  In 16 years of going to Comic-Con I can't recall when the banners did not go with a panel (though last year's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY banners did not feature a GUARDIANS panel per say, Marvel still promoted the film during their panel on Saturday + announce the green light of the sequel).
So maybe we'll be surprised...

** EDIT **
I just remembered there were also BIG HERO 6 banners last year in addition to the GotG banners; Disney animation hasn't had an SDCCI panel in awhile (maybe since the TOY STORY 3 panel?), and certainly didn't have one last year for BIG HERO SIX. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:21:55 AM by perc2100 »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2015, 10:43:40 AM »
I just remembered there were also BIG HERO 6 banners last year in addition to the GotG banners; Disney animation hasn't had an SDCCI panel in awhile (maybe since the TOY STORY 3 panel?), and certainly didn't have one last year for BIG HERO SIX.

Okay, maybe someone with the schedule handy can verify this, but I recall last year in the Hyatt Fulfillment Room there was a table full of high quality plush Baymaxes. They were the swag at a Disney Animation panel.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2015, 10:50:02 AM »
Okay, maybe someone with the schedule handy can verify this, but I recall last year in the Hyatt Fulfillment Room there was a table full of high quality plush Baymaxes. They were the swag at a Disney Animation panel.
It was "The Art of Big Hero 6", which was on Thursday in Room 7AB at 2 PM.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »

It was "The Art of Big Hero 6", which was on Thursday in Room 7AB at 2 PM.
Ah; either forgot it didn't know about that. Cool!
They also gave away plush Baymax & others at their booth (got a Baymax & it's way adorbs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2015, 11:26:31 AM »
Anyone else find it weird nothing has been posted for Hall H on Saturday (other than the WB night)?  I'm getting curious.  It won't be better than Star Wars though, that already wins in my book.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
Star wars has been the only movie panel announced so far. I'm sure Suicide Squad and Batman Superman will have a panel Saturday in hall h sometime too. Still curious on the rest of the movie panels though.