Author Topic: Useful items to take to SDCC  (Read 153953 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Useful items to take to SDCC
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok, I have my badges... have my hotel.....have my airline tickets.... what are the most important things I should pack?  (other then deodorant   :o)

Money. It's all you need. ;)

Seriously though, you will be amazed at how much you want to spend. You will be drooling over everything you can buy!

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
I will start saving my pennies.  I have already paid for my badges, flight and hotel; so should be in good shape!!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 11:59:20 AM »

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2015, 08:08:35 PM »
So here's some things I added to my comic con gear after last year...

Coleman Cool Weather sleeping bag You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - it's long and padded and has the right material so if you're sleeping outside, dew doesn't get all slick and gross. Also warm - but not so warm that you feel suffocated.

My friend and I actually both bought this chair for any potential long line sitting (*cough*HallH*cough*) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login She bought it first and had it shipped to my place to store - I sat in it once and immediately bought another for myself. It's just that comfy. Feels like a hammock.

After a lot of research, I ended up buying this mattress for potential use in the Hall H line (last year, I had the misfortune of being in a place where I almost had to sleep on concrete and that would've been awful) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login it rolls up about the size of a small sleeping bag and you can inflate it in about five minutes using the inflatable bag method.  Super easy to put away too. And, it's just as comfortable as a real bed. I've been using it for guests and short trips since I've gotten and everyone has given it rave reviews.

Last year, we bought a bunch of these meals to eat during the day, and it was a great life choice. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login They're super light and easy to carry but are substantial enough to get you through the day.

These fruit snacks are also really good to carry around You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope this helps someone :)

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »
Just had a genius idea.....ship a care package to your hotel of items you want for snacks and drinks, especially if the items are cheaper in your hometown.
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2015, 10:12:12 AM »
Just had a genius idea.....ship a care package to your hotel of items you want for snacks and drinks, especially if the items are cheaper in your hometown.

I'm doing this for bottled water this year...

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2015, 10:55:15 AM »

Shipping is pretty pricey though. So I'd really weight out if the price difference was enough to offset the shipping costs.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
Shipping is pretty pricey though. So I'd really weight out if the price difference was enough to offset the shipping costs.

Agreed, it may or may not be worth it.  For me, since I won't have a car, I'm doing it for convenience and not savings. 

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
Agreed, it may or may not be worth it.  For me, since I won't have a car, I'm doing it for convenience and not savings.

Which hotel are you in? You'd be amazed how close the Ralph's is to everything!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »

Same here, it's for convenience. I shopped last year at the Target that was near by and then I found a Walmart market and with no car, it's hard to get a case of water then it is to send it. pLus I can charge it to my office UPS account and pay when I get back from SDCC.
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2015, 11:22:42 AM »
Which hotel are you in? You'd be amazed how close the Ralph's is to everything!

I'm in the Hard Rock.  But there's close, and then there is close enough to carry 2-3 cases of water plus other groceries. :)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
I'm in the Hard Rock.  But there's close, and then there is close enough to carry 2-3 cases of water plus other groceries. :)

I can help you carry it. I'll be down there Wed morning for the Breakfast meetup. Let's go get you some water! LOL I have a little foldable dolly in my car we can use.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
What's the best way to protect autographs during your trip?
I normally take a folder with my travel plans and bring back autographs and things like that in it, but lately I've been realized that with all available apps I don't really need to take anything with me actually printed (except for the SDCC badge barcode), so since this year the folder would be just to bring things back I was wondering if it's actually the best/easiest solution.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2015, 11:15:35 AM »
What's the best way to protect autographs during your trip?
I normally take a folder with my travel plans and bring back autographs and things like that in it, but lately I've been realized that with all available apps I don't really need to take anything with me actually printed (except for the SDCC badge barcode), so since this year the folder would be just to bring things back I was wondering if it's actually the best/easiest solution.

I use those hard plastic sleeves for autographs that are on 8x10 or 11x17 pictures, I have a bunch accumulated from various cons that I bring with me and reuse, but they are also sold on the floor and they aren't too expensive.  If it is more of a poster size and rolls easily without messing up the autograph, then I put it in a poster tube.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
Devorah-didn't you use the grocery delivery during the con once? Von's or something like that? I have a listing on the CCI Eats Google doc for it. That might be an option for some.

Ang,
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2015, 05:41:16 PM »
I use those hard plastic sleeves for autographs that are on 8x10 or 11x17 pictures, I have a bunch accumulated from various cons that I bring with me and reuse, but they are also sold on the floor and they aren't too expensive.  If it is more of a poster size and rolls easily without messing up the autograph, then I put it in a poster tube.

Thanks, I'll try that!