Author Topic: C2E2 February 28- March 1, 2020  (Read 5197 times)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
C2E2 February 28- March 1, 2020
« on: May 09, 2019, 12:35:12 PM »
C2E2
February 28- March 1, 2020
South Building at McCormick Place
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 03:51:29 PM by Devorah »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: C2E2 February 28- March 1, 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »
From the C2E2 FB Page:

C2E2 2020 badges will go onsale on Friday, September 27 at 12:00 PM!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:08:16 PM »

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »
From the C2E2 FB Page:

C2E2 2020 badges will go onsale on Friday, September 27 at 12:00 PM!

I know, and I'll be in a car traveling at that time trusting my cell phone.  At least C2E2 isn't like SDCC.  Badges did sell out last year, but it wasn't until a day or so before the con.  Even VIP badges took a week to sell out.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »
For anyone interested, yes, badges go on sale Friday at 12pm CT.

If you had a VIP badge last year (which thankfully I did), badges and hotel reservations opened at noon today.  I think if anyone is interested in attending multiple years, a premium badge is the way to go.  VIP was renamed "premium" this year.  Of course, it does come with an added cost.  Not sure how to copy an image, so I'll list prices out as best I can.  Prices only apply if purchase prior to event.

Friday - $35
Saturday - $45
Sunday - $40
Sunday kids - $10

3-Day - $85
3-Day kids - $20

Premium Fanatic - $220
Premium Superstar - $250
Premium Family - $275
Premium The Collector - $240

What do you get for extra premium cost?
First Access and Separate Queue for Show Floor - Last year this included a dedicated metal detector and saved me a lot of time every time I entered show floor.  Basically, all premium badge holders enter the show floor first and then they allow the rest to enter.  The lines are nowhere near like SDCC.  If you're premium (former VIP), getting there 30-40 minutes early will get you among the first 100-200 people .  General admin you probably want to get there an hour or two ahead of opening.  Although, each year lines have been getting longer.  C2E2 did sell-out last year for first time.

Priority Seating for main stage panels - You still need to arrive a little early, but they have a limited number of seats in the first few rows dedicated to premium badgeholders only.  I think last year I showed up 45 min early for David Tennant panel and was able to get into the first row.  They don't clear room between panels, but his was first panel of the day last year.

Access to discounted hotel block - I thought this was available for all attendees, but currently they only list it as a premium perk.  I have to believe other attendees would also have access, but it may be afterwards.  The value of this is that there are only 2 hotels connected to convention center and only another 2-3 within walking distance.

Access to purchase reserved parking - Not sure about this since I stayed at an inblock hotel.

Some official C2E2 merch and 10% discount to their store - Tote bag, poster and lanyard.  Don't remember getting much else in the past.

Access to private lounge - I've used this is in the past.  It is kind of nice place to rest your feet and charge your phone.

Available only to specific packages
Fanatic - Only those perks listed above
Superstar - Listed perks and separate fast access queue for any celeb photo ops or autographs.  Also (this is new), private meet and greet opportunities.  The latter may come with an additional cost.
Family - Listed perks for 2 adults and up to 4 kids.  Preshow reservations for interactive family activities and $40 voucher to show floor food vendors.
The Collector - Listed perks.  Preshow signup for CDC.  Private autograph signings with special comics guests.

And, if next year is like this year, you get to purchase badge and reserve hotel ahead of everyone else.  Much less stressful.  VIP badges last year took a week to sell out.  I'm assuming they'll go a little faster this year.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 03:30:13 PM »
Can a global mod please add the con dates and the tickets on sale date? Thanks!
[member=317]Zero[/member] or [member=283]Devorah[/member]
Ang

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »
Can a global mod please add the con dates and the tickets on sale date? Thanks!
[member=317]Zero[/member] or [member=283]Devorah[/member]

Done!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 10:09:30 AM »
Hotels are available too!

Just booked my room.

Offline backseat

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
"The Boys" actors coming.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 09:31:04 AM »
Headed to my first C2E2 this year to work a booth with a friend.  Also my first time in Chicago so really looking forward to it.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 09:46:13 AM »
I'd like to get there one year. need to stop doing celebrations though
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 08:26:08 AM »
The Panel Schedule and Exhibitor List are available now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
C2E2 February 28- March 1, 2020
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 08:36:17 AM »
I'd like to get there one year. need to stop doing celebrations though

You should, it is a great convention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:09:23 PM by NuncleJoel »

Offline ShawnPVD

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 09:09:44 AM »
The Panel Schedule and Exhibitor List are available now.

And there are some high profile comics names hidden in those panel descriptions that haven't otherwise been announced yet!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 10:13:54 PM »
cgccomics THEY'RE COMING! CGC is excited to announce the first series of 2020 @Marvel labels featuring Carnage, Venom, Wolverine and Deadpool! Available for Marvel comics through the online submission form on February 14th, and first available for show submissions at @C2E2 on February 28th

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 10:45:06 AM »
So...let's see how this goes this year.  Instead of offering VIP packages with all perks available to purchasers, the packages were split up into different type "premium" packages based on your primary reason for being at the con.  For me, it would be celebrity panels, autographs and photo ops, so I went with the "Fanatic" premium package.  For autographs and photo ops all it really means is kind of a fast pass lane to go first (less waiting).

In the past for panels, it would mean that the closest seats were reserved for people with VIP badges.  This year they are trying something different.  Not sure how I feel about it yet, but l'm willing to see how it goes.

First, I get an email telling me that people with premium packages could only reserve priority seats for a maximum of 5 panels.  How does that work?  Well, beginning at noon CT today, they sent me a link where I could select the five panels for which I wanted priority seats. They also said that seats were limited and would be available on a first come first served basis.  Of course, not having been through this before I'm hit with mild panic that I won't be fast enough reserving my seats.  As it turned out, I got my email and rather than read the instructions first I tried to "wing it".  That didn't work out so well and I lost more than a minute, but went back, read the instructions and did it correctly.  In the end, I still got the five panels I wanted the most, so I probably didn't need to panic in the first place.  My seating request resulted in 5 tickets that I need to print and bring with me to the main stage room where the panels are being held.

This leaves me with the following questions.
1.  Since the tickets don't specify a specific seat #, I assume I still want to lineup in advance of the panel if I want front row or close and that people will "walk fast" once they enter the room to grab those seats.
2.  What if I have tickets for back to back panels?  Can I turn in 2 tickets up front and just stay in the room for the 2nd panel?  Or are they going to clear all the premium seats after each panel and I need to exit the room and get into the back of the premium seating line?  I would not be a fan of the latter.

Anyway, I am excited to be going and since Matt Smith cancelled, the 5 panels I plan to attend are:
- Farewell to Arrow with Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rikards
- Umbrella Academy with Robert Sheehan & Emmy Raver-Lampman
- Mark Ruffalo
- William Shatner
- The Boys with  Karl Urban, Erin Moriarty, Laz Alonzo, Antony Starr, & Dominique McElligott

Hope I might see some other FoCC people there.