Author Topic: SDCC 2022: Housing Options (Outside of the Official Hotel Block)  (Read 20463 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: SDCC 2022: Housing Options (Outside of the Official Hotel Block)
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  - Did you ask the hotel for the CCI rate and they consented, or did they offer it?  Either way, that was cool.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I had to chuckle at your question.  While it was a long time ago, I'm pretty sure it was the rate that was quoted on their site.  Since it was the same rate, I just booked it.  I chuckled, because you have no idea what a dweeb I was when it came to going to Comic Con that year.  I did absolutely no research.  And it's not like I live close.  I had to fly from the east coast.  I actually started looking for rooms in the downtown hotels.  Keep in mind, I didn't even know what downtown was.  And it's not like I don't have the resources.  I work in IT.  I have access to the internet all day long.  :).   God was looking out for me.   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2021, 06:47:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I had to chuckle at your question.  While it was a long time ago, I'm pretty sure it was the rate that was quoted on their site.  Since it was the same rate, I just booked it.  I chuckled, because you have no idea what a dweeb I was when it came to going to Comic Con that year.  I did absolutely no research.  And it's not like I live close.  I had to fly from the east coast.  I actually started looking for rooms in the downtown hotels.  Keep in mind, I didn't even know what downtown was.  And it's not like I don't have the resources.  I work in IT.  I have access to the internet all day long.  :).   God was looking out for me.   :)

Yep...you had someone watching over you!  :)  And now, we have the FoCC hotel angels to help, too.  I tell folk, getting everything together to go to SDCC is like a part time job, since I am the one who does most of the machinations.

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »
Yep...you had someone watching over you!  :)  And now, we have the FoCC hotel angels to help, too.  I tell folk, getting everything together to go to SDCC is like a part time job, since I am the one who does most of the machinations.

And those angels have helped me to get good hotels since.😍

God Bless You!!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:49:56 AM by sessionka »
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2021, 07:34:15 AM »
Has anyone tried using a Senior discount on getting reservations or here in the States, AARP?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:38:45 AM by RighteousRita »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 08:24:06 AM »
Has anyone tried using a Senior discount on getting reservations or here in the States, AARP?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  - Yes! My sister has used the senior discount several times for Marriott hotels.  She discovered that sometimes, the senior rates are even lower than the CCI hotel rates.  She does not have AARP.  She has been very happy even adding bookend nights using the senior rates.  Give it a whirl.  What hotels are you trying for?

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 08:49:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  - Yes! My sister has used the senior discount several times for Marriott hotels.  She discovered that sometimes, the senior rates are even lower than the CCI hotel rates.  She does not have AARP.  She has been very happy even adding bookend nights using the senior rates.  Give it a whirl.  What hotels are you trying for?
I haven't reached senior, yet. But I was wondering. Maybe get my mom to book the hotel. I already have one at The Sofia. Still looking for good deals daily.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
I haven't reached senior, yet. But I was wondering. Maybe get my mom to book the hotel. I already have one at The Sofia. Still looking for good deals daily.

They never have even asked for proof of age at the hotel, and she has a relatively youthful look.  But she is of age.   When she has booked rates, the rates have been significantly lower--like $70 per night.  Defintely not chump change in my eyes!  :D

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »
Ah, I must bring up the somewhat mysterious Pendry hotel.  Has anyone stayed there?  I looked on our hotel review thread but there are no reviews yet.  It looks a bit upscale for my rough and tumble group...yet I am curious... ???

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2021, 09:16:18 AM »
They never have even asked for proof of age at the hotel, and she has a relatively youthful look.  But she is of age.   When she has booked rates, the rates have been significantly lower--like $70 per night.  Defintely not chump change in my eyes!  :D

Are these rates available for Hotelpacalypse?
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 09:23:06 AM »
I don't believe they have separate rates booked through CCI. You could get these rates for the shoulder nights, though.

It's always best to check all available rates (Senior, AAA, etc.) to see what the different rates are.
One time booking into the Omni in Frisco, I would have normally done the Senior rate, but found a $0 rate with breakfast instead, so I book that. Free is always better!  ;)

Room Type    Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed
Select Rewards Weekend Package
Enjoy a complimentary stay with breakfast for two on us!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 09:25:03 AM »

This is outside of the CCI official rates.  She has contacted the hotel directly (Marriott chain) and spoken to their reservation folk and has also reserved via the internet. 

Btw..Hotel rates drive me nuts with the constant fluctuation!  I have seen rates change the same day---down and up.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
I don't believe they have separate rates booked through CCI. You could get these rates for the shoulder nights, though.

It's always best to check all available rates (Senior, AAA, etc.) to see what the different rates are.
One time booking into the Omni in Frisco, I would have normally done the Senior rate, but found a $0 rate with breakfast instead, so I book that. Free is always better!  ;)

Room Type    Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed
Select Rewards Weekend Package
Enjoy a complimentary stay with breakfast for two on us!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Are you frackin' kidding me?!  You got a free...totally FREE...stay? Were you on points?  I mean...wow!

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Are you frackin' kidding me?!  You got a free...totally FREE...stay? Were you on points?  I mean...wow!
The only requirement was that I was a Select Rewards Member. The status level didn't matter. They did have to charge me $25 a day for parking, but that was probably through a separate company.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
The only requirement was that I was a Select Rewards Member. The status level didn't matter. They did have to charge me $25 a day for parking, but that was probably through a separate company.

:o :o :o Fab-u-lous!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2021, 07:51:38 PM »
Ah, I must bring up the somewhat mysterious Pendry hotel.  Has anyone stayed there?  I looked on our hotel review thread but there are no reviews yet.  It looks a bit upscale for my rough and tumble group...yet I am curious... ???

I've never stayed there but I was there for an offsite.  It looked pretty classy.