Author Topic: SE: logistics.... parking, flying & public transportation  (Read 10016 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
SE: logistics.... parking, flying & public transportation
« on: September 24, 2021, 09:20:11 PM »
ARGGG,
What are we locals going to do about parking!?!  ??? ???
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: SE: logistics.... parking, flying & public transportation
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 09:53:15 PM »
Drive to Hazard Center and take the trolley in (I used to do this when I stayed with my friend who lived in SD)
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:47:07 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:37 AM »
I normally take the trolley but I can't spare the time now.  It's about 25 mins to drive but 2 hours for the trolley when all is said and done.  There's been no word about a trolley deal so there will probably not be more frequent trolleys like a normal comic-con.  To everyone that's only in San Diego for comic-con, the trolleys don't normally run that often.

I was hoping for a parking deal.  Since it's a holiday weekend, the pay parking lots should be reasonably empty.  I may just uber/lyft it in for convenience.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 06:32:18 AM »
Um, can’t you park at the convention center or HBF? Make a parking reservation with Ace?

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 10:37:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Um, can’t you park at the convention center or HBF? Make a parking reservation with Ace?

I looked online for Convention Parking availability - but could only find advance availability for Sept/Oct - didn't see anything for November yet?

Does anyone else on the forum have any info on this - has anyone purchased their parking at the Convention Center or Hilton Bayfront yet.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 11:09:51 AM »
I looked online for Convention Parking availability - but could only find advance availability for Sept/Oct - didn't see anything for November yet?

Does anyone else on the forum have any info on this - has anyone purchased their parking at the Convention Center or Hilton Bayfront yet.
i don't think so- i've got a couple of alerts set up & will post here once I see anything.  Other event parking at the convention ct is going for $25/day. #sigh
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 11:21:15 AM »
i don't think so- i've got a couple of alerts set up & will post here once I see anything.  Other event parking at the convention ct is going for $25/day. #sigh

How do you set up an alert?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 11:52:04 AM »

I could.  But it's not cheap.  I checked yesterday and at HBF right now, it's $15/day.  I don't know if they raise prices if there's a convention in town.  There also weren't that many spaces.  Out of 2000 spaces, only 347 were available on a covid era shoulder season morning.  I think factoring in cost and gas for my decidedly not fuel efficient car, it's not that much more to take in an Uber or Lyft.  That's much more convenient.  I won't have to deal with getting into the garage and hunting for a spot.  I can just tell the driver that I'm going to hop off at the next red light when I see the crowds.

I saw the same for HBF.  I think we'll have to wait a while to see if there are spots and at what price.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 09:42:53 AM »
I could.  But it's not cheap.  I checked yesterday and at HBF right now, it's $15/day.  I don't know if they raise prices if there's a convention in town.  There also weren't that many spaces.  Out of 2000 spaces, only 347 were available on a covid era shoulder season morning.  I think factoring in cost and gas for my decidedly not fuel efficient car, it's not that much more to take in an Uber or Lyft.  That's much more convenient.  I won't have to deal with getting into the garage and hunting for a spot.  I can just tell the driver that I'm going to hop off at the next red light when I see the crowds.

I saw the same for HBF.  I think we'll have to wait a while to see if there are spots and at what price.

Any info on Parking Yet?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 09:47:04 AM »
Any info on Parking Yet?
no, i've been haunting the Ace site #sigh

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 09:50:38 AM »
Any info on Parking Yet?
If it's like WonderCon, there likely won't be much 'advanced' parking sold months out like SDCCI.  That being said, there will likely be a TON of parking available downtown between Convention Center, Hilton Bayfront, and Padres parking sights.

Also, it's highly unlikely the trolley will be running 24/7, or the extended hours it runs during July's SDCCI.

FWIW, I went to a symphony concert at the (amazing!!!) new Shell on the evening of a Saturday night sold-out Padres game.  Traffic sucked on Harbor between the Hilton Bayfront light & the Convention Center garage entrance, but parking wasn't an issue: I bought Convention Center parking a few days before the concert and had no issues finding a spot.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 11:56:48 PM »
I haven't seen anything about parking yet either but Twitchcon had similar numbers to what they are trying to target for SE it was FCFS and pretty easy to get a spot underneath the convention center in the morning. I don't think it will be a problem finding a spot somewhere downtown especially since they are still selling badges.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 02:03:31 PM »
ACE just announced the Parking Lottery for Comic-con SE - Signup for the lottery until Oct 28th - Drawing on Oct 29th.

CCI PARKING LOTTERY - COMIC-CON SPECIAL EDITION

[email protected] ([email protected])
To:
Details

In case you haven't heard the news, the ACE Parking 2021 lottery sign-up period is now open.

Entries will be accepted until the 28th of October.

We will hold the lottery drawing on the 29th and divide the selected entries into groups for the sale in a similar fashion as last year.

You can find the sign-up page here:

Sincerely,
-The ACE Parking Team

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 02:35:56 PM »
further

Sign-up for the Ace Parking 2021 Comic-Con parking lottery by filling out and submitting the form below. In an effort to thwart sign-up spamming this year, you will be required to enter a valid credit card to complete the sign-up. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE PROCESSED TO YOUR CARD AT THIS TIME. The system will only verify that the card is valid.
You can sign-up two times per valid credit card.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 06:44:40 PM »

Parking

ACE PARKING

Ace Parking will be running the same lottery process for Comic-Con Special Edition that they did for Comic-Con 2019. The lottery registration will open October 19, 2021.

Entries for the lottery will be accepted until Thursday, October 28. Ace will hold the lottery drawing on Friday, October 29 and divide the selected entries into groups.

On Monday, November 1, the system will open and be restricted to the people in group one only. Each week thereafter the system will open to the next group until all groups have had a chance to purchase their parking permits. At the end of the group sales, the system will open to the general public.

Each group will have a full week to purchase their parking permits. In 2019, there were still plenty of permits available in the system when it opened to the general public. Everyone that participated in the lottery was able to get a permit for parking. We cannot guarantee a spot at any particular location and some locations are a lot more popular than others, however, all locations are within easy walking distance of the San Diego Convention Center.

If you have any questions, please send them to [email protected] or click here to read the Ace Parking FAQ.

Comic-Con does not receive any revenue from the sale of these parking stalls, nor has any input on how the parking stalls are allocated or what rates are charged. This service is provided entirely by the parking companies themselves.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:56:48 PM by SamTurtledove »