Author Topic: PSA: Please fill out our survey of Hotel Lottery Results!  (Read 6769 times)

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
Re: PSA: Please make a note of your Hotel form Access Time!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 09:37:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Since Edge is a Chrome Browser, you can still use ChromeCacheViewer from NirSoft to view the cache.
Use edge://version in the address bar to find the Profile Path and use that to select the cache folder in the viewer.

Unfortunately, while I was able to view my recorded Edge cache... I've come to the conclusion it must have been one of the last minute private windows I opened because I'm not finding the session anywhere for any of my browsers and I did get through and submit, there is a pdf of the confirmation. fml

It was nice to see that it seems that if you go into ChromeCacheView to select a different cache, they actually already had some hotkeys to options, Edge included. But yeah this is a big oversight on my part that it could have been one of the private browsing windows. I did those at 40 seconds before 9am and completely forgot about them after the fact.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 10:11:04 PM »
Since Edge is a Chrome Browser, you can still use ChromeCacheViewer from NirSoft to view the cache.
Use edge://version in the address bar to find the Profile Path and use that to select the cache folder in the viewer.

Thank for the information SteveD I hadn't realised that Edge was a chrome Browser. Now I have been able to get the times for the first form that I filled out.

But I do have a question I have the following timestamp of 2.00.53 am AEST for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I then have this one 2.08.36 am AEST for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and then the final one at 2.08.36 am AEST for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When I was completing the form I hit submit and then went on to my second form (access at 2.03.38 am AEST), after submitting that one at 2.08.20 am AEST I then realised that I didn't put in the dates for the first one, went back and added them and then pressed submit.

What do people think will be the time that they take as my access time?

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: PSA: Please fill out our survey of Hotel Lottery Results!
« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:44:08 PM »

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 10:52:03 PM »
I had Chrome, Firefox and Edge open.  My first form opened up on Firefox at 9:02 PST according to the time stamp in the History tab; my thank you page has the time stamp of 9:04 PST.

Interestingly, though I didn't fill out the form itself,  when I clicked to my other browsers, OnPeak had a little pop up letting me know that my session had started at "11:04" (really, 9:04 my time) and it wanted me to do the thing.  I guess 'cause I was idle?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 05:10:02 AM »
I used Firefox and according to my history I was in at 9:06, and out at 9:08.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 05:10:09 AM »
Thank for the information SteveD I hadn't realised that Edge was a chrome Browser. Now I have been able to get the times for the first form that I filled out.

But I do have a question I have the following timestamp of 2.00.53 am AEST for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I then have this one 2.08.36 am AEST for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and then the final one at 2.08.36 am AEST for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When I was completing the form I hit submit and then went on to my second form (access at 2.03.38 am AEST), after submitting that one at 2.08.20 am AEST I then realised that I didn't put in the dates for the first one, went back and added them and then pressed submit.

What do people think will be the time that they take as my access time?
First, let me say that you should be getting bonus points for entering your form at 2-oclock in the morning :o. That's shear dedication.

The time logged for your entry should be 2.00.53 no matter when you pressed the submit button, as long as it is within the 15 minutes allotted.
So, since you seemed to have submitted the form at 2.08.36, you should be fine.

Good Luck!

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 05:22:08 AM »
I had Chrome, Firefox and Edge open.  My first form opened up on Firefox at 9:02 PST according to the time stamp in the History tab; my thank you page has the time stamp of 9:04 PST.

Interestingly, though I didn't fill out the form itself,  when I clicked to my other browsers, OnPeak had a little pop up letting me know that my session had started at "11:04" (really, 9:04 my time) and it wanted me to do the thing.  I guess 'cause I was idle?
The big red button, aka the "Yes, please" button will popup when it is your turn to enter the form and your browser session is deemed to be "hidden". Typically, hidden means that you have switched to a different tab in the browser or you have minimized the window, but there could be other reasons to trigger that status.

I am uncertain as to which timestamp would be used in this scenario, whether it be when your session was selected or when you pressed the button. There is currently not enough data to determine which one it is. The cache timestamp would only indicate when the button was pressed and you subsequently entered the form, not when the popup occurred.
Maybe we could include this information with the other data if it is available.

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 05:41:45 AM »
First, let me say that you should be getting bonus points for entering your form at 2-oclock in the morning :o. That's shear dedication.

The time logged for your entry should be 2.00.53 no matter when you pressed the submit button, as long as it is within the 15 minutes allotted.
So, since you seemed to have submitted the form at 2.08.36, you should be fine.

Good Luck!

Thanks its always a bit of a struggle doing the hotel lottery coz its on a weekday, but at least this year I got to work from home today so didnt have to be up quite so early lol.

Thats what I was hoping so will see what happens when I get the results on the 3rd

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 05:47:51 AM »
Unless ur a dingus like me that had private browsers running so no history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the best I can guesstimate is based off of my times in 2019 which the actions were similar. 

I only submitted one form that hit instant <= 30 seconds.  My 2019 one was 34 sec & this was very similar.  It went straight to the form, no loading time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 06:43:49 AM »
One of ours went in at less than 30 seconds.  No exact time stamp.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 10:54:13 AM »
The big red button, aka the "Yes, please" button will popup when it is your turn to enter the form and your browser session is deemed to be "hidden". Typically, hidden means that you have switched to a different tab in the browser or you have minimized the window, but there could be other reasons to trigger that status.

I am uncertain as to which timestamp would be used in this scenario, whether it be when your session was selected or when you pressed the button. There is currently not enough data to determine which one it is. The cache timestamp would only indicate when the button was pressed and you subsequently entered the form, not when the popup occurred.
Maybe we could include this information with the other data if it is available.
Huh, interesting.  I'd go back to check if there is a time stamp to confirm anything about it but I don't know if there would be anything since I didn't fill in the form?  (In History I only have the time I entered the waitlist). I closed the page at the pop up.  I could check if the little extension picks up anything a later?  For Science?

Offline Karilg

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 03:43:19 PM »
So I don't have exact time stamps but one of my sisters says she got in pretty quick, like the little man ran across super fast for her, so I put her at around 9:01. I got in at 9:02 and some seconds and finished at 9:05. Another screen opened up at 9:05 and my younger sisters opened up around 9:07, which was our longest. We only submitted 3 forms so we didn't use the last one. I believe we all used safari so I don't think we'd be able to get the exact second in.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 03:57:04 PM »
The one factor I have noticed is fast for all of us is very different.  I don't know about everyone else here but I am always too nervous to look at the clock until I fill it out.  Though if it took 5 mins to get in I am sure I would.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 04:16:42 PM »
Edge was my first session that opened.

in at X:00:54
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:08:49 PM by rickythump »

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2022, 04:49:24 PM »
I was using Edge and my sister got in on her phone browser, so unfortunately I can't provide second level detail, but we both got in before 9:01. (Edge shows me an access time of 9 am, but nothing in terms of seconds).
I used ChromeCacheViewer and I have an exact access time of 9:00:38. As my sister was on her phone, I don't know the exact time stamp for her request, but we were together during the sale and her page definitely loaded a few seconds before mine did.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2022, 01:56:31 PM »
It seems like many of you got in either instantaneously or within the first minute! I wasn't so lucky(and never have been)....I think I was let in around 9:04 on my iPhone. Hoping for the best.