Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Comic-Con Panel and Tavern Experience  (Read 4866 times)

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
Event is fully booked!  :o Glad I was following this thread!  :)

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
Does anyone besides me think that this offsite reservation was available for a longer time period that usual. It seems like it was open maybe 3 hours before it filled up.  I always felt like offsite reservations for anything involving free food or alcohol would go in minutes not hours. I'm starting to wonder if this really is a much smaller convention than in years past.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm starting to wonder if this really is a much smaller convention than in years past.

either that or they overbooking and you might need to wait in line a bit even with RSVP

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
Does anyone besides me think that this offsite reservation was available for a longer time period that usual. It seems like it was open maybe 3 hours before it filled up.  I always felt like offsite reservations for anything involving free food or alcohol would go in minutes not hours. I'm starting to wonder if this really is a much smaller convention than in years past.

I think you're reading too much into it, we have no idea of capacity. 

Offline Eric_Draven66

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 32
2019 had some outdoor events that took a while to fill, like the twilight zone one. think the good place was up for a bit too

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497

I agree.  Before covid, these events would sell out in minutes.  Especially with free refreshments.  That's why I rushed to get it all done.  I didn't end up picking the best date and time in hindsight.

2019 had some outdoor events that took a while to fill, like the twilight zone one. think the good place was up for a bit too

The Twilight Zone opened and closed quickly.  But I think it reopened again later which I think gives the impression it was opened for a long time.  But really it was opened, closed and reopened.

either that or they overbooking and you might need to wait in line a bit even with RSVP

With the standby line, I don't think they have to overbook.  There will be people waiting to fill in for any no shows.  The consequences are dire if they overbook and everyone does show up.

The times don't make sense though.  The reservations are every 15 minutes.  It's supposed to be a 20 minute experience.  If the slots were every 20 minutes and the experience was 15 minutes that would make sense.  15 minute show with 5 minutes to reset for the next group.  But it's not.  They are short 5 minutes for every slot.  Unless it's not a narrative.  It's just a place to hang out in for a few minutes.  But the fact that they say we will be seated and that it's a 20 min experience seems to suggest that it's structured.

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 87
It could be structured that you move through multiple rooms so maybe you spend only 5 minutes in the first room, giving them 10 minutes to reset each area before they expect to see a new group but groups move through in 20 minutes. Kinda like how Ready Player One and Blade Runner worked when they had their offsites.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
The rsvp confirmation says you have to show up 15 min early. Maybe they’re factoring that in.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
More likely, there are multiple rooms. The first room turns in 10-15 minutes.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
The rsvp confirmation says you have to show up 15 min early. Maybe they’re factoring that in.

That's a good point.  It could be time spent outside in line is part of the 20 minutes.  Some offsites have run that way.  They do orientation outside while you are waiting in line.

It could be structured that you move through multiple rooms so maybe you spend only 5 minutes in the first room, giving them 10 minutes to reset each area before they expect to see a new group but groups move through in 20 minutes. Kinda like how Ready Player One and Blade Runner worked when they had their offsites.

I imagine it more to be like a Taco Bell situation.  Since they say we will be seated.  So you sit in the same place for the whole thing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:41:58 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
Based on pictures of the Nova dance floor, they have elevated tables that overlook the dance floor. I could imagine they load us up there and we watch a little show in the middle. If they load up the 2nd floor, that probably could explain why they seem to have a lot of spots open for each immersion event.

Offline bluehyacinth

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
SDCC Unofficial Blog suggests that there might still be reservation slots made available after the D&D panel.
Here's hoping.
-m-

Offline DeadMallsTellNoTales

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
That's great news!  :)

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
I signed up for the D&D offsite from my phone when it first opened but never got a confirmation email. I just assumed it must not have gone thru & that I didn’t get tix but I got an email today saying that I did.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
Would someone that goes today please post a review.  What's it like?