Author Topic: Got Covid!  (Read 10750 times)

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Re: Got Covid!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 09:38:06 PM »
I just got the iPhone exposure notification for July 19-20th. And I took a rapid test just now, which came out negative. But I am scheduling a PCR test for later this week just to be sure.

I went to SDCC knowing full well it was a potential super spreader event and that I would have a significant risk of getting COVID. So I was expecting the test to come out positive. But I know I’m definitely not in the clear yet.

Offline Namron83

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2022, 09:44:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry to hear that. I know this is all after the fact, but whose name was the room under and who drove? Cause this would have been a time to put your foot down and say, “if you don’t wanna be considerate about the situation, no room/no drive.”

Was under my friends (negative) name and him and I drove while he sat in the back trying to sleep the whole way and probably wishing we'd close the windows to turn the AC on. He had a mask on in the car even with the windows open. We made sure of it. I kept mentioning it to him to wear a mask after we found out. He did eventually cave in, but he didn't immediately put it on after I gave him some he could wear.
I slept with my mask on that night, but prior to going to bed, I made a tent with those thin blankets aha

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:07:24 AM »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2022, 09:47:59 PM »
I’ll take a home test tomorrow morning and I will schedule a PCR test with CVS shortly afterwards.

UPDATE: My brother told me to take the home test tonight.  It came back negative.  I’m scheduled to take the PCR test at CVS Tuesday afternoon.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 11:15:49 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 11:20:25 AM »
No one sick with anything here yet. Gonna do quick tests tomorrow so it's 3 days post con.

We went everywhere masked. Did Hall H Saturday. Basically, con as always but with masks.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 11:32:03 AM »
Even a PCR test might not pick up covid within 3-5 days of getting infected.  An antigen test is less sensitive.  Particularly less so with omicron.  That's why there are so many reports of home tests not working even when someone has symptoms.  They work.  You just aren't sick enough for them to work.

I plan on taking my first antigen test on Friday.  Then another on Sunday/Monday.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 12:02:02 PM »
Even a PCR test might not pick up covid within 3-5 days of getting infected.  An antigen test is less sensitive.  Particularly less so with omicron.  That's why there are so many reports of home tests not working even when someone has symptoms.  They work.  You just aren't sick enough for them to work.

Doesn’t someone normally develop symptoms before the tests detect anything?  Currently I feel just fine, I have no symptoms.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 12:14:35 PM »
Doesn’t someone normally develop symptoms before the tests detect anything?  Currently I feel just fine, I have no symptoms.

People without symptoms, asymptomatic, can also be infected and test positive for covid.  There's one person who has had covid for 1.5 years.  Luckily for them, they are asymptomatic.  Unfortunately they have been the incubator of a few variants.  So that person is constantly being tested.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 12:20:00 PM »
I'm starting to feel sick. I have been boosted twice. I wore masks at all times when indoors and in crowded outdoor spaces. I didn't wear them when eating, but I tried to eat quickly when I did.

Some GI issues started last night and feeling queasy this morning. Not sure if the slight soreness in the throat is my imagination.

Home test was negative.

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2022, 12:20:27 PM »

I plan on taking my first antigen test on Friday.  Then another on Sunday/Monday.

This. If you're asymptomatic, an at home test is more likely to produce a false negative which is why you should be opting for PCR tests to be sure. It's very rare that one will produce a false positive especially if you are exhibiting symptoms. I sent everyone who attended good COVID shield vibes. I just contracted it after my trip to the UK and luckily only had a couple days of feeling like I had seasonal allergies. Just dealing with some excessive fatigue now, but I'm definitely counting my lucky stars.

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 02:11:59 PM »
Started having symptoms yesterday morning, but luckily had pre scheduled a PCR test for that afternoon. Came back positive this morning.

Offline Karilg

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 02:52:29 PM »
Got 2 notifications for exposure yesterday for Friday and Saturday. Pretty sure they were for Hall H/Hall H line because I was only on the floor for 2 hours Friday and in Hall H all day Saturday. I am vaccinated, double boosted and had Covid last month so had those extra antibodies as well. So far no symptoms. I will say when I got it last month, I had what I thought was bad allergies and a scratchy/sore throat (I snore). Tested positive with 2 at home tests within three days of exposure and the lines showed positive within 2 minutes. Luckily I took precautions and it didn’t spread to my family which I was afraid of.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 03:12:34 PM »
Tested this morning before heading into my office: Negative.  Testing tomorrow morning as I'm heading into my office again and will be testing Friday as well (as I head into the office again). We shall see how all goes.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 03:15:59 PM »
Don't panic people. Remember even before covid many people felt sick after the Con (and I don't mean post con depression). The flu, the Con Crud and food poisoning are still around. Not every illness is covid.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 03:47:50 PM »
CDC still recommends getting PCR test at least five days after exposure, so if my last potential exposure point was Sunday, I’ll probably get tested this Friday.

Both my sis and I have tested negative with rapid test, but I didn’t really think it would show positive since we’re both symptom free.

So far, I pretty much just have con crud. Slight headache, but that’s about it. I have run 16 miles both yesterday and today without issues.

Offline zpy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2022, 05:15:23 PM »
No symptoms.  To a test yesterday which was negative.  I know that early but I have spares and figured I may as well check if I got it Wednesday.  Oddly enough, I have not gotten the notification on my phone.  I've gotten it before so I'm pretty sure it works.  I am double booster and was masked at all times except when eating and drinking, and I didn't spend much time in line / in panels and mostly walked the floor so that probably helped.