Author Topic: TWD Season 10 (spoilers)  (Read 7365 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: TWD Season 10 (spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »
More interesting plot developments this week...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »
Overall I like the season, but TWD continues it's traditional of things I just can't buy.  It's too much to believe.  In last week's episode, it's the capabilities of the Whisperers.  They went from people living out in the open along with the walkers to people that can build tunnel systems, harvest resin bombs, build super sling shots and field a well equipped archery force.  They could have taken hilltop with the mass of Walkers alone.  Why was all that necessary?

I'm with you, and Michonne's actions in her last episode are really confounding.  I've been increasingly losing interest in this series this season, mostly because the writers seem to make creative decisions that don't jibe with character traits or situations they've previously established.  Like what you mention above, or Michonne totally going to a mysterious place with a relative unknown, letting herself get poisoned, leaving her kids, etc.  At this stage in her reality, I can't fathom she'd make the choices she made in this show.  I admittedly haven't even been watching every single episode of this season, merely kind of checking in whenever I had the time (which, as a HS teacher, I have a lot of these days).  While I think the narrative of Michonne's "What If..." alternate life are intriguing, and kinda reinforces my legit belief that Rick's crew look like a bunch of A-hole badguys from a different perspective, getting her to that tripped-up state was confounding to me.  It's like the bad-writing act of "I have this idea of something cool so I'm going to completely force it narratively instead of organic actions bringing us here."  For me the actions leading up (and coming out of) were handled so dumbly it's hard for me to get over them to embrace the cooler aspects.

I really felt like Danai Gurira's final episode had potential, but we're in a stage now where show runners don't want to "burn" characters that are popular and instead will just make their disappearance vague with hopes they can woo her back in the fold at some point.  I haven't been posting a lot this season mostly because nowadays I want to live my entertainment with THE LAST JEDI philosophy: Don't fight what I hate, but saving and embracing what I love.  I don't want to trash something I'm not that interested in just because, but instead focus on what excites me.  And this season, unfortunately, TWD just isn't thrilling me.  There's potential, and I'm interested to see how the show handles 'The Commonwealth,' so maybe I'll check back in at the end of the season, presumably after the much-drug-out Whisperers storyline is done (note: Samantha Morton is a great actress and wonderful as Alpha; I can get why the show runner & writers want to keep her around as long as possible).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:52:19 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 07:31:25 PM »
AMC has announced that the last episode of this season will not be aired as scheduled, since production on it cannot be completed at this time.

It will insead be aired as a standalone episode at some time in the future.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 12:17:56 PM »
AMC has announced that the last episode of this season will not be aired as scheduled, since production on it cannot be completed at this time.

It will insead be aired as a standalone episode at some time in the future.
Morbidly, I kinda dig how this pandemic is shedding the light on just how last-minute production studios work on Visual FX prior to release.  BLACK WIDOW finished principal photography back in early October 2019 and still had to be pushed back.  Production for season 10 was completed in November 2019 but post still not completed 2+ weeks from air date!  Obviously, we all already experienced the debacle of CATS a few months ago, where VFX weren't even complete upon the film's wide-release opening!  Maybe this pandemic will force studios to maintain a better production schedule, and not necessarily start with the concept of a release date and work backwards

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2020, 10:37:11 AM »
This week's review is up!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »
Last episode of the season....

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
I like princess! 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 01:32:15 PM »
I like princess!

I think a lot of us, (especially those of us on this site) can find a lot of similarities between aspects of Princess' personality and our own.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 03:11:52 PM »
I think a lot of us, (especially those of us on this site) can find a lot of similarities between aspects of Princess' personality and our own.

She is going to be popular with cosplaying, it's a really easy comfortable outfit.  Plus you don't need the gun to know the outfit, which I like. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2020, 09:46:44 AM »
I like princess!
Yeah, when I read she was introduced I think _now_ I'm going to have to catch up on what I've missed.  I really dig that character, and if she's played fairly accurate to the books I'll be happy (and that's the type of character, IMO, "The Walking Dead" needs to inject into their world, tonally).

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2020, 12:28:27 PM »
and if she's played fairly accurate to the books I'll be happy

So far (1 episode) yes, she is.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 05:15:30 PM »
AMC announces that TWD Season 11 will be the final one of the series....

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:38 AM »
And we finally have episode 16! What did you all think?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 09:36:42 AM »
And we finally have episode 16! What did you all think?

I think that in month 7 of CA being mostly shutdown, with my wife & college kid all working from home, and my 6 year old also zooming his 1st grade schooling from home, it's an incredibly bad time to only have one TV in the house!  I naively thought the shutdown would mean I'd have more time to watch TV, but I'm realizing that I typically got home from teaching WAY earlier than my family, and that's when I watched/caught-up with most of the shows I watch.  TWD is one, and I'm waaaaaay behind

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »
IIRC, you can catch up on AMC's website for free? I thought I saw a bunch of 'watch season 10' announcements recently....