Author Topic: Camera backpack suggestions  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Karilg

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
Camera backpack suggestions
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »
Hey everyone! So, I'm currently trying to find a new camera backpack for my DSLR and was wondering if anyone had any go-to brands or backpacks they like or would suggest. The one I have now just isn’t cutting it when it comes to putting away or taking out my camera with ease. I’ve also been doing my own research and just about hit overload with seeing the same bags over and over on my amazon. Any help would be great!

*@admin-if there is already thread like this, please point me in the right direction and delete post

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Re: Camera backpack suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
I have a Tamrac that is so easy, but trying to look it up online I don't see that they make the style I have anymore

Wait! I found some on ebay used. I highly recommend. S.A.S. Adventure 7 is thd model
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:54:54 PM by Mel »
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:54:03 AM »

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 08:15:13 PM »
If price is no object, my go to camera bags are made by Peak Design.

I use one of their messenger bags, but they are now offering a backpack in two different sizes that look really nice.
They are on the pricey side, though.  Here is the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us...
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »
I'm a little ADD about my bags - I've done a ton of research and "field tested" various options and adding a DSLR to the mix introduces some new challenges. The biggest problem Ive discovered with DSLR backpacks is that they go on your back ! At SDCC, I am constantly reaching for my camera and stopping and unzipping a pack has caused me to miss a great shot more than once.  Ive found the best solution is a cross body bag that holds your DSLR on your hip.  The best I've found is the Wolfspur from Maxpedition You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (yes its made to carry a handgun but that's simply coincidental - I'm by no means a gun advocate)

It fits a an ipad mini, a few key supplies and a water bottle plus my Lumux DMC-FZ1000 easily and can withstand any Hall H line overnight.  The downside is that you can't carry any additional stuff you might buy or get so I actually bring a backpack too that I'll wear to Preview night to carry loot.  The right bag can make or break your SDCC experience so I recommend to NOT go cheap - get good quality and it will last forever.  Enjoy the con !

Offline Karilg

• Freebie Table
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
If price is no object, my go to camera bags are made by Peak Design.

I use one of their messenger bags, but they are now offering a backpack in two different sizes that look really nice.
They are on the pricey side, though.  Here is the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sadly, price is part of the problem I’m having in picking one 😞 but thanks for the recommendation

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 04:53:01 AM »
[member=4342]Karilg[/member] BH Photo has a backpack deal of the day.  I don't know anything about it, but it is priced right.  Has a few good reviews also.
You may want to take a look. 

edit:spelling
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:21:22 PM by SteveD »

Offline Karilg

• Freebie Table
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
So I ended up buying the K&F Concept Camera backpack at the very last second and I thought I might regret it, but I didn't.  I actually ended up really liking it. It was a bit pricey but well worth it! I was able to put my camera back and take it out within seconds using the side access opening and had enough room in the top compartment for all my personal items I take to the con. Plus I didn't have to worry about a front access and any possible shady people behind me who'd want to take advantage of close crowding because the second access point is against your back. I'm adding to this post in case someone out there is having the same problems I was and is looking for any suggestions.
Also adding in the amazon link in case anyone wants to check it out. Images are true to the product I received. The only negative I would say is that it says that you can pack a laptop in there but I has to be pretty much a tablet(iPad) sized laptop. My MacBook Pro with a thin cover does not fit, which will be problematic if I travel with this and need my laptop.

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us...
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 07:17:47 PM »
Can’t wait to see the pics !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk