Author Topic: Good places to eat in anaheim  (Read 70680 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Good places to eat in anaheim
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    TJ’s Woodfire Pizza (Woodfire Pizza)

Woodfire pizza made just for me? Awesome!  ;D

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2017, 05:15:20 PM »
There is a great variety of food trucks. Devilicious is my favorite! I'm so excited! Now to figure out how to have them deliver to Graphitti Designs booth?!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 04:12:04 AM »

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »
Read through this whole thread.. Whew! Thanks for the info, people!

First-time WonderCon attendee from out of town. Looks like most places discussed are $10+ meals, except for Subway (I think this is the closest one: 1770 S Harbor Blvd #136, Anaheim, CA 92802).

Any cheap taco shops within walking range? I'm hoping to spend less on food than on geeky goods. ;-)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2017, 08:15:26 AM »

First-time WonderCon attendee from out of town. Looks like most places discussed are $10+ meals, except for Subway (I think this is the closest one: 1770 S Harbor Blvd #136, Anaheim, CA 92802).

Any cheap taco shops within walking range? I'm hoping to spend less on food than on geeky goods. ;-)

There isn't much cheap by WonderCon b/c it's right next to Disneyland, aka tourist trap and higher than normal prices. There is a pupusa shop down Katella aways near the freeway that I have passed for years and swear next time I'm at Disney I will eat there, but I always end up so tired I just want to go home and never have stopped. Who knows, I might get adventurous and walk down there during WC, but highly unlikely ahahah
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline shavri

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »

Your best bet for tacos will be right out front if there are food trucks.  Unfortunately, everything within a few minute walk around the convention center will be overpriced.  I think there's a Baja Fresh in the Hilton which will most likely not be the best quality and overpriced--but may be worth not having to walk all over the place. If you are looking for dirt cheap street tacos (probably like $1.25 each), you'll need to walk a looong block or two (~.5 to 1 mile) south of the convention center down Harbor or West st towards Chapman.  There will be a ton of hole-in-the-wall Mexican places that way on major corners.  Highly recommend tamping down the tourist-y look and walking in a group if going at night. And may not be the cleanest spots.

A couple of other options:

Go with a service like doordash.com and order from farther away restaurants that'll deliver.  Get together with 3 or 4 other people to split the extra cost of the deliver fee across multiple people.  Honestly you'll probably pay the same amount as you would for the overpriced stuff right around the convention center but the food will be better.  I know for me at the end of a long con day, the idea of walking an extra mile or two to find a place to eat is almost unbearable.  I haven't stayed at one of the Anaheim convention center hotels because I live nearby, but you could ask the front desk when you check in or call them right now to see how people get food delivered.  You probably just need to meet the person in the valet area, but the hotel might let the person just park for a few minutes and they could deliver it straight to a room.

Split the cost of an uber/lyft with a couple of other people and go eat where you want.  There are a bunch of pick up/drop off areas in the valets of the hotels near the convention center.  There is so much amazing, super cheap food within a 15 minute drive of Disneyland once you get out of the tourist trap.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »

There's Alerto's (though it looks like they recently changed their name to Sabrosada) at 1770 S Harbor and it's not very expensive.

Aside from Alerto's, Tanor Mediterranean (in the same plaza), and Roscoe's, I find the restaurants in the vicinity too overwhelmingly Americana diner-ish. I suppose that makes sense given its proximity to Disneyland. The food trucks will probably be much better options.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2017, 12:20:01 AM »
Thanks, hikanteki!

If I don't succumb to the temptation of the Food Trucks (convenience is usually pricy), my plan for cheap eats: Subway (1677 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802) and Sabrosada, right next to each other.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2017, 05:53:39 AM »
Here is the pupusa place I always mean to try.....will this be the trip????

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
if you have a car of willing to uber there are some really legit and authentic chinese and korean (ayce bbq) within 15 minutes drive. 

5 and newport exit.  5 and culver.  5 and jamboree.  if you are interested PM me.  i live in the area that tis why. 

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2018, 04:34:08 PM »
There's also Blaze pizza on Harbor and Katella. It's a build your own pizza under $10. Look for Groupon deals in the area too.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2018, 04:40:16 PM »
forgot to mention the block is an outlet mall very close to Wondercon.  Basically Chapman and the 5.  Outlet mall with the standards Nike UnderArmor Adidas (i am a guy).  They have a Dave and Busters.  BJs.  I think its the closest Krispy Kreme if you want that.  Which you do............

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »
I think its the closest Krispy Kreme if you want that.  Which you do............

I only want Krispy Kremes if they are HOT. It's amazing how fast I can inhale a half dozen of those hot, fresh glazed donuts!

Plus every time I go into Krispy Kreme, I want to lie underneath that waterfall of hot icing with my mouth open like Homer Simpson...

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2018, 04:57:36 PM »
I'm bringing doughnuts from the Donuttery (vegan ones too!) on Friday morning. Those blow the doors and roof off of Krispy Kreme.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
I only want Krispy Kremes if they are HOT. It's amazing how fast I can inhale a half dozen of those hot, fresh glazed donuts!

Plus every time I go into Krispy Kreme, I want to lie underneath that waterfall of hot icing with my mouth open like Homer Simpson...

and you get one just for waiting in line lol.  look !  it's raining.............  donuts.....

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2018, 05:02:16 PM »
I'm bringing doughnuts from the Donuttery (vegan ones too!) on Friday morning. Those blow the doors and roof off of Krispy Kreme.

easy there.............  lol

;)