Author Topic: Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**  (Read 63951 times)

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
Re: Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2019, 01:27:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is that what he's going o do when he's Batman?
They say things happen in three's. Hahahaha.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
I saw The Lighthouse.  I like weird movies and this one was definitely weird.  I had to google to figure out what I just watched. 
THE WITCH is such a great film I'll follow writer/director Robert Eggers anywhere at this point!  Fall is incredibly busy for me work-wise so too much slips through the cracks but I def. need to make time to see THE LIGHTHOUSE

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 05:01:14 AM »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
THE WITCH is such a great film I'll follow writer/director Robert Eggers anywhere at this point!  Fall is incredibly busy for me work-wise so too much slips through the cracks but I def. need to make time to see THE LIGHTHOUSE

I agree, The Witch was great!  I keep thinking about The Lighthouse which is what I like from a movie --- weird but thought provoking. 

Next up is Parasite, and then JoJo Rabbit.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2019, 07:21:06 AM »
I agree, The Witch was great!  I keep thinking about The Lighthouse which is what I like from a movie --- weird but thought provoking. 

Next up is Parasite, and then JoJo Rabbit.

Let me know what you think of Parasite.  I saw JoJo last week.   
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2019, 07:32:51 AM »
I saw Doctor Sleep on Saturday. I'll be very frank. I loved it and right now it's probably my favorite movie of 2019. I plan on seeing it again either this or next weekend. I liked The Shining for the aesthetics and the framing of the different shots, but I was confused by what the ability really was. Like are they just telepaths or are they mediums (like in Poltergeist? or anything that James Wan makes?) I learned so much more in this movie and it was fun.

I saw The Lighthouse on Sunday and it checks off all the arthouse boxes, from the black and white film to the 4:3 aspect. It was such a weird film with great visuals (fantastic light and shadow play) and a score that I think was aiming to drive the audience insane. It was wonderful, but I was really tired by the end and really needed a nap. I did have to read the Wikipedia page to understand it more. I think it's one of those movies that will most likely be picked up by Criterion Collection and will require multiple viewings to understand and appreciate.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline lborgia88

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »
I saw Parasite last night (and the theater was sold out, even on a Monday, so that says something about the interest in this film!). Now that I think about it, it was the same theater where I saw Snowpiercer.  Bong Joon-ho is definitely interested in themes of class conflict.  Parasite seems like a comedy...at first.  But the conflict becomes inevitable.
I'm still pondering it today, if/why it had to go down the way it did.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2019, 12:04:53 PM »
I saw Parasite last night (and the theater was sold out, even on a Monday, so that says something about the interest in this film!). Now that I think about it, it was the same theater where I saw Snowpiercer.  Bong Joon-ho is definitely interested in themes of class conflict.  Parasite seems like a comedy...at first.  But the conflict becomes inevitable.
I'm still pondering it today, if/why it had to go down the way it did.
Parasite is an incredible piece of work.
Bong-Joon is one of a few original voices working in big budget films. Long may it continue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »
Parasite is an incredible piece of work.
Bong-Joon is one of a few original voices working in big budget films. Long may it continue.
thx for the vote- i'll try and sched. a time to see it
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »
Well, it's official fate has told me my movie choice this week was not to the artsy standards film.

I had to cancel plans to go see Charlie's Angels on weds due to I forgot they had them and I made a training session for my buying group that night.  So I bought new tickets Saturday in the "prime" theater.  My favorite place to sit and when I loaded the app Saturday even to check what time I needed to leave the ticket was gone!  They canceled that showing and did not notify me!!!!!

My guess is it didn't sell enough tickets because the "prime" theater now had Ford vs Ferrari in it.  There were no good seats left for any movie at that time.

Today I settled on Ford vs Ferrari, because the message was clear which movie fate thought I should be seeing. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »
good liar was good

ian and helen were excellent!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2019, 07:00:48 PM »
I really enjoyed Ford vs Ferrari.  I didn't know the story at all, so while I know it was dramatized it was nice to learn some history.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2019, 06:27:03 AM »
Watched Parasite after the badge sale Saturday.  The only thing I knew about it going in was that it wasn't a super scary horror story, because I can't do those, and wow! I liked not really knowing what I was getting into aside from the fact that everyone loves it, I think it added to the enjoyment for me.  All of the showings at the theater were sold out out or essentially sold out with only the front row or handicap open. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2019, 08:55:59 AM »
Watched Parasite after the badge sale Saturday.  The only thing I knew about it going in was that it wasn't a super scary horror story, because I can't do those, and wow! I liked not really knowing what I was getting into aside from the fact that everyone loves it, I think it added to the enjoyment for me.  All of the showings at the theater were sold out out or essentially sold out with only the front row or handicap open. 
tbh that's a huge reason i haven't gone- it's only showing in a super sm theatre here in sd & i tend to go to these kind of movies last min. so i'd get stuck in an awkward seat. i hope it's still in theatres after thanksgiving.

Offline Jasond878

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
I really enjoyed Ford vs Ferrari.  I didn't know the story at all, so while I know it was dramatized it was nice to learn some history.
I enjoyed it as well, and I’m not a huge car guy. Great acting, directing, and overall entertainment.

I’m excited for a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood this week! The world could use the message of kindness right about now, and Hanks is always amazing.
Twitter: @JasonDelgado78

FoCC Blog movie review guy

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
I had not gotten around to watching Parasite until it won all the awards. I knew nothing of it going in. I pretty much assumed it was a horror movie, something akin to people being infected by, well, parasites. So what I got was so different than my assumptions. I don't know if it's a great, all-time movie, but it was certainly the most interesting movie I've seen in a long time. There was a section of time in the middle of the movie where I was absolutely... tense is not the right word. Wary maybe? On edge? I knew s**t was about to go down, but I didn't know how or why. Then what actually happened was something I didn't see coming at all. The chaos that ensued ended in an unexpected manner as well. So I gotta give it up to this movie for giving me something different.