Author Topic: Lockdown: What-cha-doing?  (Read 2765 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Lockdown: What-cha-doing?
« on: April 05, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »
Aside from finally watching the end of Picard and the Mandalorian (ik,ik), I watch a guy who does reptile rescues. He records his unboxing of the incoming animals mysteries.  the guy is quirky and fun-

What wacky stuff is everyone watching?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Re: Lockdown: What-cha-doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
I spent the last two weekends house cleaning. Ive organized my comics & books, I’ve wiped down floors and blinds that have never been cleaned ever, I’ve thrown away a ton of stuff, including some SDCC swag that holds no value to me whatsoever. I’ve packed up a bunch of stuffed animals I won decades ago from Circus Circus, ready for donation.

The thing is, I feel like I’ve barely made a dent towards a cleaner living space. There were a couple points I got into a coughing fit due to the amount of dust I was kicking up. I need at least another weekend of two dedicated to cleanup.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:27:33 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I spent the last two weekends house cleaning. Ive organized my comics & books, I’ve wiped down floors and blinds that have never been cleaned ever, I’ve thrown away a ton of stuff, including some SDCC swag that holds no value to me whatsoever. I’ve packed up a bunch of stuffed animals I won decades ago from Circus Circus, ready for donation.

The thing is, I feel like I’ve barely made a dent towards a cleaner living space. There were a couple points I got into a coughing fit due to the amount of dust I was kicking up. I need at least another weekend of two dedicated to cleanup.

you have no idea how embarrassed your industry evokes in makes me feel!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:15:08 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
I'm spending my time playing video games. My free time at least, the rest I spend incredibly bored while remote working. A lot of my work is contingent on other people, the courts, deadlines, etc.

Well, all of the civil cases are bumped, along with any hearings, a lot of offices can't work remotely. Without being in the office, I have very few people coming to me to give me stuff to do... or things to weigh in on. I've been handling tracking down a ton of records too, for my new job, but all the people involved don't seem to be working so I'm making no progress.

Because I was sick, I haven't left the house in about 4 weeks and am getting a bit bored, more so than usual. Luckily, Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out this Thursday /Friday.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 01:38:33 PM »
speaking of gaming, Steam is having a half price sale on joining their online board gaming platform. it's $10 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i also have been using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
it's been having server over capacity issues for some reason  ::) but there's always people on line to play 7-wonders with.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 02:51:44 PM »
speaking of gaming, Steam is having a half price sale on joining their online board gaming platform. it's $10 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i also have been using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
it's been having server over capacity issues for some reason  ::) but there's always people on line to play 7-wonders with.

I love BOTH Tabletop Sim and that website. My favorite is Pokémon Master Trainer with friends on ts or stone age or carcassonne on board game arena.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 02:57:34 PM »
My work got busier, so I have been mostly working (from home). I fit in a KDrama occasionally, on my lunch break. It's nice to be able to watch it on my TV instead of my phone though.
Ang

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »
I've actually been working out more.  My running has me at 5 miles now, and as I'm locked in at home, when I'm done working (I can do my work from home, it's weird but we're doing it) I just step over to the weights to get some stress out.  Or, if it's a run-day a quick change and I'm out the door.

I will say tho, those newscasters are on to something.  Business shirt up top, party downstairs.  Gotta love it :)

Oh, and add playing "Old Man's D&D" from twice a month to like 3x a week :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:16:08 PM by Michael M »
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 11:01:36 PM »
you have no idea how embarrassed your industry evokes in makes me feel!

I've read your comment at least ten times, and I still can't figure out what you mean. My industry?

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 11:58:50 PM »
I've read your comment at least ten times, and I still can't figure out what you mean. My industry?

I think she meant "industriousness" basically.

__
Edit: What I did tonight other than nap for 5 hours, play my trusty old Smite MOBA. There are A LOT more late night players since so many people are home so I'm not getting terrible matchmaking at night at least.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:52:14 AM by Iris »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 08:01:21 AM »

I think she meant "industriousness" basically.

yes, LOL sorry about that. i'm stuck talking to myself most of the time since i'm quarantined with only a pet to talk to. I forget other folks aren't mind readers & don't follow my train of thought.

iow, i've been a slug. BUT you *are* an inspiration and i *will* start to get stuff done. thank u You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login !

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 09:53:31 AM »
Aside from finally watching the end of Picard and the Mandalorian (ik,ik), I watch a guy who does reptile rescues. He records his unboxing of the incoming animals mysteries.  the guy is quirky and fun-

What wacky stuff is everyone watching?
My wife works for our local County Office of Education, and she may be working even more nowadays from home than when she was going into the office!  We live in a 2-bedroom condo, so while she's mostly in our bedroom where she set up a nice work-station I'm on "home-teaching" detail with our kindergartner while also working on lesson plans for my students.  This week we've started 'distance learning,' while the first three weeks (which was the initial shut-down for our district) everything was laid-back & "optional."  So this week things are getting more serious work-wise for me AND my kids!
Luckily this coronapocalyse is happening when my oldest son is incredibly self-sufficient about doing his assigned work & my youngest is in a grade where his work is EZPZ for me!  If he were in an older grade, with harder math or science projects or something, we'd maybe be in some serious trouble!  Luckily this week the boys' teachers ramped up their workload so things are a LOT more organized for them than they were the first three weeks, where I was mainly designing kindergarten curriculum on my own (Art 101: Fun With Lightbrite!  Science 101: Watch EMPIRE STRIKES BACK while discussing real-world science truths & non-truths)  :P

I've actually been watching a LOT less TV than I normally do.  We only have one TV in our condo, so penciling in time to watch my stuff (most of which no one else in the house likes/I'm allowed to play in front of a kindergartner) is ROUGH!  My oldest kid gets on not long after the youngest goes to bed to play video games w/his friends so there's not a lot of open stuff unless I want to watch on my iPad or computer (which I do sometimes, but I've mostly been reading)

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 03:46:49 PM »
Meditating and watching as much CBS All Access as I can fit into my free month subscription.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 03:48:37 PM »
My free month of CBS All Access was coming to an end, but when I went to cancel they offered me 2 months for the price of 1. So I took it and we started Discovery.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 10:40:00 AM »
Watching a lot of tv, wife cooking a lot so quarantine weight gain, watching cars go by, learning how to play guitar. I bought guitar in mid February before everything started shutting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk