Author Topic: The Walking Dead Season 8 **Spoilers**  (Read 6873 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
The Walking Dead Season 8 **Spoilers**
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
Since we have a new season, I started a new thread! What did everyone think of the episode last night? A few of us here at FoCC were lucky enough to be able to attend the premiere event at the Greek Theatre in LA and it was fantastic! I am so pumped up for this season of TWD!

Offline Transmute Jun

Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 **Spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
This is my analysis of episode 801.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:28:24 PM »

Offline ZombieCats212

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:56:49 AM »
I really like the Old Man Rick flashes. I'm also glad Father Gabriel is getting some more screen time. His character seems to be turning more likeable, I noticed the actors name got moved up in the credit list he is now featured in the title sequence. 

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »
He's definitely turned a big corner, and I appreciate how he's now supporting Team Rick, and even developing enough skill with weapons to do stuff like go out with Rick on a raid. And the way he pulled Rick back when Rick was going overboard was impressive.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 05:37:22 PM »
Probably because he's done with his veterinarian duties in Beacon Hills! LOL-sorry, couldn't resist the Teen Wolf reference. I was happy to see him in the series finale (Teen Wolf). I was always thinking they would kill him off, since he had this other gig, but they never did.

I hope him turning the corner on TWD isn't an omen. Things tend to happen to people when that happens in TWD land.

I am not watching TWD anymore, but I did tune into the Talking Dead episode-everyone looked so great. I also like reading along here to see what's going on with the show.
Ang

Offline ZombieCats212

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 10:48:20 AM »

I hope him turning the corner on TWD isn't an omen. Things tend to happen to people when that happens in TWD land.

Yes! They are making me like him, that is never a good sign on this show.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 11:12:33 PM »
It was okay the show seemed to be trying to get away from all the violence, remember last season opener had people questioning the violence and did it go too far with the deaths of Glenn and Abraham. Well no major character died and the in memoriam segment tried too hard to be cute  with the names IMO, still watching though because it’s The Walking Dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 01:08:14 PM »
This is my analysis of Episode 2. What did you guys think?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
It was okay the show seemed to be trying to get away from all the violence, remember last season opener had people questioning the violence and did it go too far with the deaths of Glenn and Abraham. Well no major character died and the in memoriam segment tried too hard to be cute  with the names IMO, still watching though because it’s The Walking Dead

Whoa, you think so?!  I mean, the first two episodes so far have been virtually nothing but our "heroes" going from bunker to bunker with the goal of flat-out murdering everyone!

My personal take is Ep. 2 felt same ol/same ol as Ep. 1.  "The Walking Dead" is flat out HORRIBLE with the visual vocabulary (meaning how they shoot scenes), and there is little/no sense of geography to their action sequences from shot-to-shot.  There's no sense of a layout of the various compounds, either interiors or exteriors which drives me batty.  This is not a new thing for the show the last several seasons, but it's something that apparently no one on the production staff (show runner, directors, DPs,etc) seem to care to address.  It makes everything feel monotonous and very uninteresting to me.  The episodes feel like they have zero actual weight to em (meaning, we can watch this and confidently know a main character is not going to die this early in the season): I lol'ed when Morgan told the personality-less 'red shirts' "I don't die."  It's like he was mocking the conventions of episodic TV!

And don't get me wrong, I get the conventions of it all, and the logistics of not killing off main cast members early.  But there is so much of what I'd term "lazy" production it's hard for me to really get into the show.  For example, this past episode we have what looks to be a very well-prepared, coordinated and practiced, multi-faceted assault but there is so much stupidity from the participants.  Standing up to shoot; firing constantly at zombies in automatic when semi would work and conserve bullets; very little concern of reloading bullets or where all of this ammo is coming from or mention of how much ammo they have.  I'm in no way a gun expert, and have zero experience in trained combat.  But the basics of "stay the eff down and conserve ammo" is shooting 101.

IDK.  The show isn't bad, and there are entertaining moments.  I just hate when episodes get lazy: especially with the production aspect of it (the lack of visual geography & vocab really drives me nuts about TWD)

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
The Walking Dead Season 8 **Spoilers**
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
@perc2100 Yes to everything you said, to me it all moving to fast almost like its catering to those that complain on social media how during last season it was boring because of telling of stories. Like Hardwick said on Talking Dead “there was some stormtrooper shooting” and all that ammo they’re using isn’t Eugene supposed to be doing that? Did he make an a lot of ammo or did he have an apprentice, he was taking by Negan a long time ago.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 07:09:48 AM »
I missed this special when it aired, but the trailer here is great!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:22:31 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 06:34:09 PM »
I just turned it off mid episode.  I just can't watch it anymore.  The storyline these last two seasons have been silly.  It's just too preposterous.  I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Offline ZombieCats212

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
I wish I would have turned it off halfway through.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 12:10:53 AM »
Collider just posted their last Walking Dead show review.  They just can't do it anymore either.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 09:36:47 AM »
Merry Christmas to all of those who watch The Walking Dead!