Author Topic: Spider-Man Far From Home ***Spoilers***  (Read 3632 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Spider-Man Far From Home ***Spoilers***
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
"the snap tore a hole in our dimension"   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 11:16:51 AM »
I honestly did not expect the movie to be so tied to Endgame, at least from the first trailer shown. But I am quite looking forward to seeing the aftermath of Endgame. I'm also a bit... reserved may be the word. Since they brought up the M word, I wonder if this is a way for Sony to perhaps "take back" their property and separate Spiderman from the MCU? Could Venom be tied to the M word as well?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 08:06:48 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got our Midnight Premiere tickets for this right now! So excited!   :D
Ha; I'm too old for that I guess!  I saw the midnight(ish) showing as the first and was all "nope; I'll wait for first showing next am."  Young me would reeeeallly scoff at old me  :P

I honestly did not expect the movie to be so tied to Endgame, at least from the first trailer shown. But I am quite looking forward to seeing the aftermath of Endgame. I'm also a bit... reserved may be the word. Since they brought up the M word, I wonder if this is a way for Sony to perhaps "take back" their property and separate Spiderman from the MCU? Could Venom be tied to the M word as well?

My thoughts on that:
Quentin/Mysterio has always been the opportunist-type in the books, and to be blunt, he's a liar.  Like, if someone published a book about him it would share the title of Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liar Who Lied".  I suspect this movie is him BS'ing a LOT of stuff in order to look like the good guy/hero post-Snap universe.  If there is a general consensus in-universe of "Iron Man, Captain America, other Avengers have either retired or died!" then it's possible someone like Quentin can step in to take advantage of that relative chaos.  I suspect that
1) Myserio is the bad guy he's always been in the comics (albeit, maybe a "misunderstood" type of bad guy - a multi-layered character that is sympathetic, as Marvel has been doing lately with their villains)
2) he's making everything up to project (see what I did there) himself as the big hero who saves the world while pulling strings behind the scenes.  I think the potential "hydro man," or whomever the "elemental" monsters in the trailer are, are really just part of Mysterio's projections and don't really exist.
3) Quentin/Myseterio is making all of this stuff happen (illusion or no) to prop himself up as the "new" Tony Stark for some reason

Just a hunch of mine, and a reason why I personally will likely take all of this "my world" and "multiverse" stuff with a ginormous grain of salt until I've seen the actual film.  I could be way off and maybe all of this is literal, or at least some of it.  But just what I have a feeling will happen.  Marvel writers & Kevin Feigi have been pretty great with misdirection and significantly changing details around to throw off fans who think they know what will happen so I could be WAY off.  We'll find out in a month & change I guess!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:54:53 AM by perc2100 »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 01:09:16 PM »
Giving this thread a bump as the movie gets closer.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 04:02:41 PM »
Loved the movie.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »
Due to an unusual set of circumstances this evening I was "stuck" seeing Spider-Man Far From Home twice.  No regrets.  I loved it both times.  It was extremely fun.  And the end credit scenes are not just worth sticking around to see, it's almost required that you stay for them.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
So just came back. I held off on tickets just because I didn’t know where aid be this weekend and once I realized I’d be home, and actually once my boss strongly suggested I work from home today, I got a matinee ticket. So questions/random comments

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
Fury in Space  = SWORD
JJJ returns = Perfect Casting
Mysterio was played perfectly, but almost wish it was a different character just so we wouldn't have seen the flip coming.
Reveal at the end makes me ready for the sequel NOW!

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 11:26:28 PM »
Loved the movie!  Anyone who’s complained that peter was just a tony stark flunky and it never showed peter being smart island inventive and all that will have nothing to say after this. The tony references were still too soon though lol.

JJJ!!!!!!!!!!  Definitely happy they made that happen. Love the arc Peter is on plus a great call out to something everyone’s been suspecting or saying for awhile about one guy. I think it really shows where they plan to go and I’m really sad I won’t be able to go to the marvel panel now
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 08:05:33 AM »
Spoilers without context

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
Spider-Man Far From Home ***Spoilers***
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 03:37:55 AM »
So, was Nick Fury in T.A.H.I.T.I? I hear it’s a magical place.  Maybe he went “there” to recover from his injuries after being shot in Winter Soldier, and Talos has been subbing ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:49:17 AM by lliving »

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 01:37:06 PM »
Ha; I'm too old for that I guess!  I saw the midnight(ish) showing as the first and was all "nope; I'll wait for first showing next am."  Young me would reeeeallly scoff at old me  :P

My thoughts on that:
Quentin/Mysterio has always been the opportunist-type in the books, and to be blunt, he's a liar.  Like, if someone published a book about him it would share the title of Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liar Who Lied".  I suspect this movie is him BS'ing a LOT of stuff in order to look like the good guy/hero post-Snap universe.  If there is a general consensus in-universe of "Iron Man, Captain America, other Avengers have either retired or died!" then it's possible someone like Quentin can step in to take advantage of that relative chaos.  I suspect that
1) Myserio is the bad guy he's always been in the comics (albeit, maybe a "misunderstood" type of bad guy - a multi-layered character that is sympathetic, as Marvel has been doing lately with their villains)
2) he's making everything up to project (see what I did there) himself as the big hero who saves the world while pulling strings behind the scenes.  I think the potential "hydro man," or whomever the "elemental" monsters in the trailer are, are really just part of Mysterio's projections and don't really exist.
3) Quentin/Myseterio is making all of this stuff happen (illusion or no) to prop himself up as the "new" Tony Stark for some reason

Just a hunch of mine, and a reason why I personally will likely take all of this "my world" and "multiverse" stuff with a ginormous grain of salt until I've seen the actual film.  I could be way off and maybe all of this is literal, or at least some of it.  But just what I have a feeling will happen.  Marvel writers & Kevin Feigi have been pretty great with misdirection and significantly changing details around to throw off fans who think they know what will happen so I could be WAY off.  We'll find out in a month & change I guess!

you were so on the money with all three!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 10:14:00 AM »
My thoughts on that:

Ha; I love it when I'm right  :P

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »
So just came back. I held off on tickets just because I didn’t know where aid be this weekend and once I realized I’d be home, and actually once my boss strongly suggested I work from home today, I got a matinee ticket. So questions/random comments

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

1. IDK; I think it was played off pretty well.  Especially given his "Tony made a mistake and we're all trying to correct it."  Plus, they essentially did what you said: Mysterio was sympathetic in the 2nd act until he went full-psycho at the end.  He went from an "oh, I can see where he's coming from here - maybe there's something to be said for that" to "OMG he went of the bad-guy deep end!"
2. I was wondering that too!  Makes sense, I guess?  Or maybe Happy did?
3. YES!  All movie I was literally thinking, "Sam L. Jackson must be bored with Fury: he's kind of playing him as if he's just going-through-the-motions and collecting a paycheck.  Bummer." 
As for what he's doing?  Maybe SWORD, or Alpha Force, or something similar is my guess.
One thing's for sure: after that end-credits scene Feigi is going to have a LOT of explaining to do in Hall H next weekend!