Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91090 times)

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That is messed up. I personally believe anyone caught "hoarding" rooms on the exchange just taking whatever until they get their "perfect" room and then canceling something they took and not passing it on, needs to be banned from further exchanges. That's ridiculous to do that.

Yeah, I wouldn't have been as upset if they had just told me as soon as they found the other hotel and I could have re-listed it up on the board.  I understand people are going to horse trade to try and get the best location possible.   

Maybe Jopari is right and we need to set some new rules/guidelines next year.     <Sees can of worms; opens!>

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
I have to agree there has to be some ground rules in place and communicated. Cancelling a downtown room without attempting to pass it on to a forum member in need should be frowned upon at the very least. Offenders should be put on notice that we are here to help each other out - this action was selfish.

Bottom line - if you traded for a room and you get something else better do everyone else a favor and help someone else in return.

There is a motto I heard a few years ago: "Lifting as you climb". That is why I love this forum.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
This is certainly something to take under consideration. We are learning something about exchanging hotels every year, and I agree that this is an area where a change should be made.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Looks like mine went through onto my credit card (AmEx).
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline StarBell84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
Mine still has not gone through (pending, visa) I'm going to call them and see what they say

Edit - no luck calling TP so i  just re-entered my cc information and i at least have the deposit amount at the bottom of the deposit receipt so hopefully they will take they money out of my account soon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:20:38 PM by StellBell84 »
Free your inner nerd so your outer nerd has someone to talk to

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
Charge pending, finally!
And switching the dates and contact info was an easy fix, so I think I'm good to go for now! ;D

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
I have situation where the person said they would transfer the room first thing Monday morning and never transferred it.  I have tried several attempts to reach them through the forum and email.  At this point I am under the assumption they found a hotel.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
This is certainly something to take under consideration. We are learning something about exchanging hotels every year, and I agree that this is an area where a change should be made.

I started a separate topic where we could collect suggestions for next year.   Hoping it will be easier to find that way.

Offline mystical althea

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 27
Got this from TP earlier.

"Your room is still secured. Our company charges the rooms manually. So they will go back soon and start charging anyone who hasn’t been charged. If there is anything wrong with the credit card, you will be contacted.ot this from TP."

Offline Transmute Jun

Glad to see that, Mystical Althea! Hopefully Travel Planners are still working to track everything down. I saw in the other thread that there are still people who haven't received their lottery results (either a room or a denial). I would guess that those cases are their main focus right now. But it's good to know that they are collecting payments and confirming the deposits!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Really, manually?  I did data entry in my early days, it's no fun! 

Got this from TP earlier.

"Your room is still secured. Our company charges the rooms manually. So they will go back soon and start charging anyone who hasn’t been charged. If there is anything wrong with the credit card, you will be contacted.ot this from TP."
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline mystical althea

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 27
Really, manually?  I did data entry in my early days, it's no fun!

That's what I thought, since people were posting about immediate transactions over the weekend.

BTW--I got a callback!!! They are supposed to put thru deposits tonight or tomorrow night.

Offline Transmute Jun

That's what I thought, since people were posting about immediate transactions over the weekend.

BTW--I got a callback!!! They are supposed to put thru deposits tonight or tomorrow night.

Wow, TP really seems to be working hard for you! I hope everyone else is able to get in contact and have their issues resolved as well.

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
Wow, TP really seems to be working hard for you! I hope everyone else is able to get in contact and have their issues resolved as well.

Working hard for them? LMAO...

Oh yea, I forgot, yesterday was April Fools Day...

Good one TJ ;).

Offline Roomedi.com

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Roomedi.com makes hotel room sharing easy and secure.

Want finding a roommate to be easier and more secure? Check out You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. We make is easy for convention-goers to share hotel rooms. Post your hotel room information or a room request. It's dynamic. It's secure. It's FREE to search, post, and connect.

Happy travels!