Author Topic: Issue Posting New Reply, Says My IP Posted 30 Seconds Ago (I didn't post any)  (Read 7207 times)

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
I'm trying to make a reply to a thread, but it won't allow me to, stating my IP posted less than 30 seconds ago. I don't know if somehow IPs are shared. (I live alone so nobody is posting from my internet)  It was for the reply in the Wondercon Exclusives thread. I had to connect to my iPhone as a personal hotspot to change my IP address to post it. I've never had a problem posting here before.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:07:49 PM by jonathan »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm trying to make a reply to a thread, but it won't allow me to, stating my IP posted less than 30 seconds ago. I don't know if somehow IPs are shared. (I live alone so nobody is posting from my internet)  It was for the reply in the Wondercon Exclusives thread. I had to connect to my iPhone as a personal hotspot to change my IP address to post it. I've never had a problem posting here before.
That is indeed odd.
I hate to ask, but have u tried to clear your cache?
I can't check in addressing till later tho. Lmk, if clearing the cache doesn't work and I'll investigate when I get home from the con.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
did clearing the cache work? [member=4284]jonathan[/member]
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
I tried that yesterday, it didn't work the first time, I tried it again, and so far so good. Thank you so much, [member=1]alyssa[/member] !!

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
I just had this happen to me a few minutes ago
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Same here, but it happens after I like something (at least it seems to be that).  If I like something and then post something within 30s, I get that message.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
This happened to me a little while back. I don't remember what the circumstances were. It just stopped happening as randomly as it started. I do remember being logged into multiple devices at once though.

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
This is happening to me again, I cleared the cache, and only signed into one device. What was odd was, I was signed out of my Mac. I normally am always signed in. The last time I posted here (I had already been signed in.) This time after I signed back in, the 30 second message appeared.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
Are you using a vpn, or tor browser by chance?

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
Are you using a vpn, or tor browser by chance?

Nope, not even close on either. Just using Safari and Chrome. And no VPN.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
I'm getting this issue intermittently as well. Only on my phone via Tapatalk. It usually goes away if I wait ~ 2 min before retrying, but I'm definitely getting the same error message when I haven't posted anything at all recently.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
I only stated getting this today, on the Tapatalk app, and only when I’m on the company network. If I disable WiFi, I can post just fine. So which one of you works at the same company I do??

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Not on topic, but [member=1]alyssa[/member] [member=3710]SteveD[/member] I tried to post and send PMs on my phone and kept getting the "you've posted within the past 30 seconds" every.single.time.  Even if I waited 10 minutes.
[member=1233]jopari[/member] too just for good mesure

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, it happened a bunch today to me. Randomly, different threads, times, no rhyme or reason. Would try to post, and it would state the usual message about the IP address. I would switch back and forth between my phone as a hotspot and standard wifi, and had to wait, eventually it'd work. Also as someone stated, it affects PMs as well.  Also, I'm NOT on Tapatalk. I'm just on my standard computer when all of this is happening.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
Ugg, if work wasn’t a nightmare right now I’d do some extensive lab tests to figure out what is causing this. I believe it is the content distribution network component of cloud flare. We probably have to whitelist those cdn servers in smf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk