Author Topic: Marvel Studios/Disney Release updates  (Read 764 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Marvel Studios/Disney Release updates
« on: February 24, 2021, 10:09:12 AM »
Right now Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm are having a press conference for the TV Critics Association and some tidbits dropping:

* Spider-Man 3 is officially called SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME
* Star Wars: The Bad Batch animated series about the badass clone battalion will premier May 4 ("May the 4th Be With You" - cute, Lucasfilm/Disney  :P )
* "Loki" will premier on Disney+ June 11

So, for those playing at home;
- we're currently enjoying the last couple eps of "WandaVision," which will end March 5
- we'll then have a week off before "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" premiers March 19 (2 weeks after "WandaVision" conclusion)
- "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" will have 6 episodes, so assuming they're released one-at-a-time it'll end late April
- BLACK WIDOW is still scheduled to premier in theaters May 7th, two weeks post-"Falcon/Soldier"
- "Loki" then premiers about two months after "Falcon/Soldier" ends: giving folks more than enough time to get to theaters to see BLACK WIDOW in between streaming series (assuming it's not delayed again).
- about mid-way through "Loki," we're still due to get SHANG CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE 10 RINGS in theaters July 9

In 2020, Marvel Studios saw its first year since 2009 with zero new releases; 2021 seems to be a huge "make-up" year, with seemingly TONS of Marvel Studios content being released throughout this year!!
It is a glorious time to be a comic book fan; to quote a rather famous musical, "Look Around, Look Around: at how lucky we are to be alive right now"  :P

**NOTE**
This was an event for TV critics, so the focus was on Disney+ streaming ONLY: no release updates on the Marvel theatrical division.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:28:06 AM by perc2100 »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Marvel Studios/Disney Release updates
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 02:32:19 PM »
Disney+ Release dates.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some highlights:

March 19 – “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier”

May 4 – “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” **Special Premiere Date.** The series will premiere on May 4th with the second episode premiering on Friday, May 7th. Subsequent episodes will premiere on Fridays.

June 11 – “Loki”

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:50:53 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 08:46:06 AM »
All of the 2021 Marvel movies & TV shows with release dates:
AIRING NOW: WANDAVISION
3/19: THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER
5/7: BLACK WIDOW
6/11: LOKI
6/25: VENOM 2
7/9: SHANG-CHI
11/5: ETERNALS
12/17: SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME

STILL TBD 2021…
WHAT IF?
MS. MARVEL
HAWKEYE

Offline spritegirl24_7

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:01:54 AM »
I am so glad that Marvel is making up all the lost time from 2020 and just cranking out all the Disney+ shows and the theatrical movies this year. These announcements makes me so excited for it all!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 12:47:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am so glad that Marvel is making up all the lost time from 2020 and just cranking out all the Disney+ shows and the theatrical movies this year. These announcements makes me so excited for it all!
Yeah; I really wonder what things would've been like in the, er, multiverse/alt-universe w/no COVID and Marvel not having to change-up their release schedule at all from what was announced at SDCCI 2019.  I don't know if COVID impacted the Disney+ release schedule at all, but I think it may feel odd to go from WandaVision & Flacon & Winter Soldier to a prequel film of BLACK WIDOW.  It doesn't matter in the long-run, but sort of maybe odd timing-wise if Marvel is going for a clean narrative story