Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Pro Registration  (Read 37709 times)

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
Re: SDCC 2020 Pro Registration
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, I was hoping to know my allotment before general reg happens.

Same here! I am stressing out over it haha

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2019, 12:27:19 PM »
Don't we always get at least one paid guest at the very least? Last year I got two paid guests, but no comp. The previous year when it was still waiting room I got in early enough for one comp guest which was nice. I do not at all mind paying though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 05:36:44 AM »

Offline scottydizzy

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »
Greetings all,
I have a friend that is a professional but, due to money circumstances, doesn't want to buy a full $300 badge and is wondering if she can buy a single day during Open Reg. (She received the email today saying she is eligible to participate on the 16th. but not sure that being a professional would allow her to only buy certain days.)

I vaguely recall this being an option, but wanted to pose it to the forum.

Appreciate any feedback!

~S
Monsterpalooza - Burbank 2014-15, Pasadena 2016-19
Star Wars Celebration - L.A. 2007, Anaheim 2015
WonderCon - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (L.A.), 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023

Offline Jennekohan

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2019, 03:41:27 PM »
I was renewed as a professional on 10/14, but received an e-mail today saying that I'm eligible to participate in open registration on the 16th. Checked in my account and it says that my professional verification is not due, but also says OK CC'20 Attendee Open Reg and now I'm confused.

Offline scottydizzy

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »
I was renewed as a professional on 10/14, but received an e-mail today saying that I'm eligible to participate in open registration on the 16th. Checked in my account and it says that my professional verification is not due, but also says OK CC'20 Attendee Open Reg and now I'm confused.

I'm in the same boat. This goes along with my earlier question as well: Basically, even though you are a professional, you have an option to participate in open reg since you didn't buy a general attendee badge last year. I'm assuming that we have the option to buy only certain days during open reg, but can potentially buy the full professional badge if we choose to do so before the professional registration ends (and therefore forfeiting those open reg days). i'm not 100% sure on this, but it makes some amount of sense.

In short, if you are planning to use your professional badge for yourself, you can use your open reg code to help someone else get in.

Cheers,
~S
SDCC - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Greetings all,
I have a friend that is a professional but, due to money circumstances, doesn't want to buy a full $300 badge and is wondering if she can buy a single day during Open Reg. (She received the email today saying she is eligible to participate on the 16th. but not sure that being a professional would allow her to only buy certain days.)

I vaguely recall this being an option, but wanted to pose it to the forum.

Appreciate any feedback!

~S
So if you register as a Pro do you have to purchase all 5 days?  I know that concept might seem sacrosanct to folks who thing "if you have all 5 days guaranteed, why would you not jump on em all?!" but I'm just curious.

Offline scottydizzy

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2019, 05:01:27 PM »
So if you register as a Pro do you have to purchase all 5 days?  I know that concept might seem sacrosanct to folks who thing "if you have all 5 days guaranteed, why would you not jump on em all?!" but I'm just curious.

Assuming your Professional Badge status means you have to purchase rather than get a complimentary badge, then yes, it's an all or nothing type thing. It's a fair question because I have a hard time selling my guest badge because all my friends don't do all the days and the $300 price tag is a bit much.

~S

Offline freem118

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2019, 06:22:18 PM »
I do believe it happened before general. I could see it happening again this year. Maybe this week?

Edit: Nov 6 was last years Pro Date, with Nov 10 being Open Reg.

Oh good, yes I was hoping we would get our allotment prior to open reg. Fingers crossed we hear about pro reg in the next 8 days...

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »

You have the choice of either doing the open registration and being a regular attendee or going as a Pro.

However... you cannot have overlapping badges in both.  They will cancel your regular Registration badge.

At some point, they'll announce when you can buy Pro Badges.  Pro Badges are for all days and you have an option to buy a guest badge for a friend.

In Open Registration, you can buy anything that isn't sold out.  Things sell out quickly.  Because this is my third year as a Pro and I will have to apply again next year, I may see if I'm lucky in the Regular badge lottery.  If I can get 3-4 days, I won't buy my Pro Badge.  There's never a guarantee they will approve me next time and having an attendee's badge opens me up to the returning pool.

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2019, 03:40:30 AM »
The posts above are correct. You don't have to use your Pro privileges if you have them, and if you're Not Due next year they will still be there. As a paid-badge type of Pro, I look for opportunities to choose my days and to use my Senior discount rather than pay "full price for 4+PN" as a Pro, which I'lll use if I must. I went through Open Reg last year and this year obtained 4-day (with discount) in Returning, and CCI still approved my Pro status renewal application. So I'm an example of a continuing Pro who doesn't always sign up that way, either for "can't come" or who used the other options (returning/open, press, volunteer). Undoubtedly they use the statistics on how many Pros haven't gone through Pro Reg to help set the allotments for the next year.

Offline Jennekohan

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2019, 02:48:00 AM »
The posts above are correct. You don't have to use your Pro privileges if you have them, and if you're Not Due next year they will still be there. As a paid-badge type of Pro, I look for opportunities to choose my days and to use my Senior discount rather than pay "full price for 4+PN" as a Pro, which I'lll use if I must. I went through Open Reg last year and this year obtained 4-day (with discount) in Returning, and CCI still approved my Pro status renewal application. So I'm an example of a continuing Pro who doesn't always sign up that way, either for "can't come" or who used the other options (returning/open, press, volunteer). Undoubtedly they use the statistics on how many Pros haven't gone through Pro Reg to help set the allotments for the next year.

I'm creative professional and never have received an option for open registration before which is why I was confused! Like why would I pay when I've always been offered a free badge for being creative professional. Now it has me worried if creative professional badge types are different this year.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
I vaguely remember that Pro badge purchasing happened before the general registration last year.  I could have faulty memory, though.

Will that happen this year?

Comic-Con 2020 professional badge registration is now open! If you have been approved as a professional for Comic-Con 2020, or if your professional verification status is NOT DUE, please log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and click the "Professionals" tab to access professional badge registration. Comic-Con 2020 professional badge registration will close on May 6, 2020.

PLEASE NOTE: Professional registration codes are being sent in batches. If you have not yet received your code, please be patient. All professional badge allotments are guaranteed. Badge inventory will not run out.

To determine your professional verification status,log in to your Member ID account and select the "Professionals" tab. If you are a returning professional, your member class will be "Professional" and your professional verification status will be DUE or [b[NOT DUE.[/b]

If your professional verification status is DUE, you are not eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2020 online professional registration. If you are a first-time professional applicant, no professional verification status will be displayed, and you are not eligible to participate in online professional badge registration for Comic-Con 2020.

If you intend to register a guest, please remember that all professional guests must have their own unique and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. A Member ID is free and you only need to sign up once! We encourage you to have your guest sign up for a Member ID as soon as possible. You will not be able to register a guest without knowing his or her Member ID.

To receive emails from the professional registration department, please log in to your Member ID account and click the “OPT-OUTS” option on the “My Account” tab. Make sure you have not checked the “Email Opt-Out” box. If you have selected to opt out of email notifications from Comic-Con, you will not be notified of important registration updates.

For important information regarding Comic-Con 2020 professional badge registration, please CLICK HERE.

Member ID Notices

Updated November 8, 2019

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:24:27 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2019, 11:08:14 AM »

That link was for people who were going to apply for THIS year, and it was removed months ago (and became irrelevant after the close of Pro sign-up on August 16th). However, the notice shows that you won't need to rush during Pro Reg before they run out of free or paid guest badges: Through 2018 guest badges were first-come-first-served, and people would jump to register on the first day or week. Now you will be assigned your allotment, and you can register yourself and your guest allotment through the last day of the Pro Reg window. The guest allotments for 2020 approved pros haven't been sent out yet (as of November 4).

Link updated with 2020 Reg info! No tweets about codes being sent yet, though.

Goodbye Expo Logic waiting room! Comic-Con 2020 professional badge registration will no longer use a virtual waiting room. Instead, all approved professionals have received guaranteed allotments and pricing for their professional badge and guest badge(s).
If your professional verification status is NOT DUE, log in to your Member ID account and select the “Professionals” tab for your personalized allotments. Your personal allotment of guest badges is guaranteed for the duration of badge registration, and is not on a first-come, first-served basis. Professional badge registration will close on May 6, 2020. All professional and guest badges must be registered prior to this date.

TO REGISTER FOR YOUR COMIC-CON 2020 PROFESSIONAL BADGE, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

• Log in to your Member ID account and select the “Professionals” tab to find your personal badge allotment, registration code, and direct link to badge registration. Registration codes will be released in batches.

• Click the direct link in your Member ID account. You will need your LAST NAME, registration code, and Member ID to log in. You do not need your password.

• You will be asked to select between two options: “I am registering only myself” or “I am registering myself and my guest(s)”.

• If you choose to register guests, you will need to enter their first and last name, and their Member ID before selecting the “validate” button.

• All professional guests (paid or complimentary) must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. You will not be able to register a guest without entering their Member ID and last name. You do not need their Member ID password.

• If you choose not to register guests, you may return to the registration site at a later date to add your guests. However, you must register all badges before registration closes on May 6, 2020.

• Once guest Member IDs are validated, you will need to enter your payment information. All badge purchases are subject to a $7.50 handling fee.

• Children age 12 and under are free with a professional badge and do not count toward your guest limit. Child badges must be registered onsite.

PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION CODES:

Your registration code can be found in the "Professionals" tab in your Comic-Con Member ID account. Remember, there is no need to rush! Eligible professionals can register for badges at any time during the registration period. Comic-Con 2020 professional badge registration closes on May 6, 2020.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:19:57 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »
I emailed them a few days ago and just got this reply. My heart skipped a beat and then sank again...

“Thank you for contacting us. We are still reviewing applications, and will notify all applicants of their status as soon as their application is processed.

Professional Registration
Comic-Con”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
Got the email last night that I'm now officially a Comic-Con Pro!  After being an attendee for 20 years, this was the first year I applied as an educator & it was definitely exciting to see that email!  I applied the morning of the deadline date and received my confirmation around 6:15 last night.  My wife applied at the last moment deadline date afternoon, and still hasn't heard yet.  She actually hosted panels last year for the educators blocks in the library, with a Pro badge last year, so I anticipate she'll hear back soon as well.

Exciting times, and this being my first go at the Pro process/logistics it almost feels like doing Comic-Con the first time!