Author Topic: 2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread  (Read 95003 times)

Offline shuhbonkboo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
Re: 2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 06:06:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Spoke w/ Heather from TP. She said the transfer process is "really easy."

When you receive the confirmation, it'll have a link for you to go in and fill out your info and leave a credit card. You can either fill the info out yourself or you can provide the link to whoever is taking over the room for them to go in and update it to their info and put down a credit card.

She seemed very confident that it wouldn't be difficult to transfer the reservation. Once the confirmation emails start coming out, I'll attempt to do so and will update the first post w/ instructions on how to do a transfer (so that you don't lose it!) or if someone else figures it out before then and wants to share the easy way to do it, it'd be appreciated!

Nice!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »
Khaaaaan, you've posted very useful information. Hopefully it works well, and we'll be able to share rooms amongst ourselves here on this site!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:01:22 AM »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
Khaaaaan, you've posted very useful information. Hopefully it works well, and we'll be able to share rooms amongst ourselves here on this site!

I'm reluctant to take anything TP says as fact until I can get in and try it for myself. I would assume if worse came to worse, we can call in and they can manually update it.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Dandare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
  I have already a backup plan on booking.com. So if I don't get the hotel that I want I will share it here. Both me and my father sent the hotel reservation forms and we selected "Any downtown hotel" on both cases. Probably going to get at least one downtown room.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
This thread is an excellent idea, thank you!!

By tomorrow, I guess I will know if I get my room or not. If I have a spare room I will be happy to offer it for transfer/trade here. If not, I will be eager to take over ANY room in a downtown Gaslamp hotel. :)

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »
The thread is an excellent idea, I am so glad that I started it, eventhough it was temporarily move to the giant hotel thread. Thanks to all of you who wanted to keep it seperate!

I have 2 people who submitted all downtown hotels at 9:02 & 9:02:30. Hoping to have 1 to share, if not hopefully I'll find one of your extras! Beggers can not be chosers and I am open to most options, however I'm looking for the Omni (#1) choice.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »
On another note and someone may have mentioned this but got lost in the giant thread... Perhaps we can keep a list of who needs a hotel, what their top hotel choice(s) is and then see who has any extra available. Then we can mix and match trying to accomidate as many of us as possible with the best choices. That way people can get what they want. We'd have to set a time and date deadline for assignment of the extra hotels. Then people could use the PM feature or other ways to coordinate with each other.

Thoughts?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
On another note and someone may have mentioned this but got lost in the giant thread... Perhaps we can keep a list of who needs a hotel, what their top hotel choice(s) is and then see who has any extra available. Then we can mix and match trying to accomidate as many of us as possible with the best choices. That way people can get what they want. We'd have to set a time and date deadline for assignment of the extra hotels. Then people could use the PM feature or other ways to coordinate with each other.

Thoughts?

We can do that in this thread.  One of the moderators or admins can edit the first post to make a list once actual Travel Planners e-mail confirmations have gone out. 

Personally, I think it would be easier to just list the people who have extra reservations that they want to give away.  From there, interested persons can contact the correct individual through PM and make arrangements.  Once the room has been "given away" or "transferred," we can cross that person's name off of the list.  (Tell us if the reservation has been claimed in this thread, of course.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:16 AM »
I got the dreaded rejection email just now.

If anyone gets a spare reservation (preferably downtown) please PM (Private Message) me ASAP.
It will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Jeremiah

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19:49 AM »

<---modified my post because my best friend who submitted her booking managed to get Hard Rock for us so we're safe. I no longer need a room, but wish everyone else the best of luck with their search/trade!--->
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:59:35 AM by dogberry »

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 02:59:06 AM »
Okay guys,

I've been offered a twin room at DoubleTree Downtown at $194 a night that I'm offering up. I've decided to stick with my backup bed in Lucky D's.

Tier Name: 1 King or 2 Double Beds
Room Type: 2 people - 2 beds
Special Requests:
Check-in: 7/17/2013 Check-out: 7/22/2013

Doubletree Downtown San Diego
1646 Front Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619)-239-6800
Fax: (619)-238-9543
Hotel Distance to Convention Center: 1.0 Miles

They're on the shuttle route.

Hope that helps somebody! Since I'm the first to offer a room not sure what needs to happen - first to PM me gets it? First to reply here? First reply I get, anyway! There's a link in the email to modify the reservation but it's not working - but that's probably my work PC. Just means I can't investigate!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 03:06:32 AM »
Okay guys,

I've been offered a twin room at DoubleTree Downtown at $194 a night that I'm offering up. I've decided to stick with my backup bed in Lucky D's.

Tier Name: 1 King or 2 Double Beds
Room Type: 2 people - 2 beds
Special Requests:
Check-in: 7/17/2013 Check-out: 7/22/2013

Doubletree Downtown San Diego
1646 Front Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619)-239-6800
Fax: (619)-238-9543
Hotel Distance to Convention Center: 1.0 Miles

They're on the shuttle route.

Hope that helps somebody! Since I'm the first to offer a room not sure what needs to happen - first to PM me gets it? First to reply here? First reply I get, anyway! There's a link in the email to modify the reservation but it's not working - but that's probably my work PC. Just means I can't investigate!

I'll be compiling a list of offers that will be summarized in the first post, but yes, the first person to contact you about it gets it.

I personally suggest PMing each other, since replies might get lost once the thread gets to be over five pages. ^-^d

PM me if your trade offer has been taken.  I will cross your name off of the list in the first post.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:21:16 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline nerdftw

• Ballroom 20
  • "Eleven's the best; you'll cry your eyes out"
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 03:30:34 AM »
It seems I accidentally submitted two of the same requests, resulting in two separate reservations for the Hilton Bayfront.  I have to consult with my partners in crime, but I think one of them will be given up. 

My initial reservation was for the whole time TP opened the reservation times (in on 7/14-out on 7/22), but it can obviously be modified.  Lol, I am of the "just in case" mentality and wanted to make sure I had the option of having an extended vacation.

Thanks guys!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:31:12 AM by Zero »
Oswin: Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy?

The Doctor: Doctor. You call me the Doctor.

Offline ormistonjames

• Freebie Table
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 03:54:14 AM »
I'm looking, have messaged planningmackem, if their room is still available it's perfect for me, was my first choice and same dates.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 03:58:13 AM »
It seems I accidentally submitted two of the same requests, resulting in two separate reservations for the Hilton Bayfront.  I have to consult with my partners in crime, but I think one of them will be given up. 

Would anyone be willing to trade their Hyatt suite (for the 8 or 9 days) for the Hilton Bayfront?  My initial reservation was for the whole time TP opened the reservation times (in on 7/14-out on 7/22), but it can obviously be modified.  Lol, I am of the "just in case" mentality and wanted to make sure I had the option of having an extended vacation.

Thanks guys!!

Your offer has been added to the first post. ^-^d

What is the specific room type?  Two beds?  Two people?

EDIT:
nerdftw has stated, as of 6:30 am PST on February 28th, that offer for his second Hilton Bayfront hotel reservation is still available.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:32:56 AM by Zero »