Author Topic: NYCC Oct 7-10, 2021  (Read 35777 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: NYCC Oct 7-10, 2021
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They’re doing it based on NYC requirements.  Not like a random restaurant owner can spot fakes either.

Two tourists in Hawaii were caught using fake proof of vaccination and are now facing a up to a $5,000 fine and up to 1 year in prison.

California is addressing the fake CDC card problem by pushing it's digital, don't call it a vaccine passport, vaccination verification system.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2021, 05:23:17 AM »
hmmm....

Who was the email from.  I haven't gotten anything yet, and I'm not hopeful I will get anything.  I always get an email on the badge sale, but that comes from 'showclix'.  When it comes to Reedpop, I get nothing.  I've even tried to re-register, and have not gotten a thing.

Same with me. I don’t know how I was unsubscribed but no matter what I do, try to re-register, contacting ReedPop, I have never gotten emails from them in the last few years.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 06:01:53 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2021, 07:53:52 AM »
Two tourists in Hawaii were caught using fake proof of vaccination and are now facing a up to a $5,000 fine and up to 1 year in prison.

California is addressing the fake CDC card problem by pushing it's digital, don't call it a vaccine passport, vaccination verification system.

do u know if it will be able to verify CVS vax'es in CA?
i'm sorry for asking u to do the research - i'm just overwhelmed with family stuff & being bi-coastal at the moment. It looks as tho i'll have to get a booster in a different state then my original. [one more thing to deal with] 
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline MochiMonster

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2021, 08:08:13 AM »
i'm sorry for asking u to do the research - i'm just overwhelmed with family stuff & being bi-coastal at the moment. It looks as tho i'll have to get a booster in a different state then my original. [one more thing to deal with] 

The California system (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) should have records for all COVID-19 vaccines administered in California with the exception of those administered by a federal agency. That should include any that are given by CVS. Is that what you're asking?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2021, 09:25:04 AM »

I think your best bet would be to show your CDC vaccination card to get the booster if needed.  I don't know if any other state recognizes California's system.  There may not even need to be any proof you were vaccinated over 8 months ago.  With the current booster program for the immunocompromised someone just attests to qualification.  If you say you qualify, you qualify.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2021, 09:35:26 AM »
hmmm....

Who was the email from.  I haven't gotten anything yet, and I'm not hopeful I will get anything.  I always get an email on the badge sale, but that comes from 'showclix'.  When it comes to Reedpop, I get nothing.  I've even tried to re-register, and have not gotten a thing.
you're on double super secret probation ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
you're on double super secret probation ;)

Me and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2021, 07:49:16 PM »

I don't know how close local implementation will match a Presidential speech, but Biden said today that in order to get the third dose you will just show your vaccination card.  No other registration or ID needed.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2021, 08:02:33 PM »
I don't know how close local implementation will match a Presidential speech, but Biden said today that in order to get the third dose you will just show your vaccination card.  No other registration or ID needed.
thx
i haven't been in tune with news reports recently

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2021, 05:42:44 PM »
Hayden Christiansen is the first guest to be announced, and photo ops will have plexiglass barriers.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2021, 08:44:51 AM »
The badges are NOT going to be The Walking Dead this year!! They'll be characters from Source Point Press Comics.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »
badge art. I am not familiar with source point press but I am digging the press art You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2021, 03:03:06 AM »
Sneak peak of some panels.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
A LIMITED NUMBER OF BADGES WILL GO BACK ONSALE FOR FAN VERIFIED FANS ON THURS. SEPT 2 AT 10:00 AM ET

If you have a Fan Verification account and didn’t get badges to NYCC, now’s your chance! Limited quantities of all badge types to NYCC 2021 will be back onsale Thurs, Sept 2 and are only available to folks who are Fan Verified. If you have a Fan Verification account, you'll receive an email in your inbox from ShowClix on Wednesday, Sept 1 containing your unique link to purchase badges on Sept 2 at 10:00 AM ET.
If you're eligible for the onsale, you will be able to buy badges for friends and family who want to attend for the first time or who haven’t attended for a few years and want to come back. You will have to assign those badges to your friend or family member’s email address, and they will be prompted to create a Fan Ver account to accept the badges after purchase.
IMPORTANT: At this time, everyone age 12+ will need to provide proof of full vaccination, and those under age 12 will need to provide proof of a negative rapid antigen or PCR lab COVID-19 test to enter NYCC. Please review our Health and Safety guidelines before buying your badges.
If you have any questions about this process, check out our assigning badges walkthrough!
We will continue to follow NYS requirements and as guidelines around large events are updated closer to October, we will alert fans if more badges become available.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2021, 01:39:13 PM »

You got your wish.   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!