Author Topic: C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay  (Read 2203 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Presented by Wikia, the C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay makes its debut this April in Chicago as the biggest and most prestigious costume contest in the United States. Veterans of the cosplay circuit and amateurs alike will battle it out for a shot at seizing the Crown and over $10,000 in cash and prizes.

For the first time ever, C2E2 will invite cosplayers from across the country to travel to the Windy City to be critiqued by celebrity judges Yaya Han, Ashley Eckstein, Nan Cibula-Jenkins and additional surprise judges that have prestigious backgrounds in pop culture and costume design. Fans will witness the spectacle and pageantry of a fun-filled competition celebrating the best cosplayers from around the country.

If you think you have what it takes, show it off in the inaugural C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay, Saturday, April 26! The C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay will be streamed live to a global audience on the C2E2 website.

Rules here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:19:23 AM »
More than $10,000 (1 million yen) in cash and prizes will be up for grabs this spring when the largest cosplay competition in the United States gets under way in Chicago.

The 2014 Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) will take place April 25-27 at the Windy City's South Building at McCormick Place.

The event is presented by free web hosting service Wikia and RedEye, the entertainment division of the Chicago's Tribune Media Group.

C2E2 is one of the major events offered by ReedPOP, the world's largest producer of pop culture events responsible for New York Comic Con and the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX). Dedicated to comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, films and other pop culture trends, C2E2 has become one of the largest comic cons in the United States after the inaugural event in 2010.

Cosplay, in which fans dress up in costumes of their favorite characters, has quickly spread globally as Japanese anime and manga franchises have built worldwide fan bases.

Originally composed of Japanese anime and manga characters, cosplay has expanded over the years to include characters from American comic books and others across the spectrum of pop culture fandom.

Applications for the inaugural C2E2 Crown Championships of Cosplay are now being accepted.

For more information, visit the official website at (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

i gotta admit, this sounds very interesting-  I'm not a cosplayer,  never been interested in being 'on stage' so to speak.

Any ideas on what to expect?  I'm a n00b
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:13:21 PM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:24:09 AM »
I really have no idea what to expect. I do plan on attending though!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »
my biggest problem with cosplay contests is that they happen at night...

yeah, i'm heading to the hotel room/restauraunt at 7pm rain or shine & go loopy at 9pm
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »
Luckily we're at the host hotel, so I can take a break and grab some food then head back for it.