Author Topic: CCI 2012 Celeb Encounter Photos  (Read 10387 times)

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
CCI 2012 Celeb Encounter Photos
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:58:38 PM »
Post your celeb encounters here! Be it on the street, on the floor, or at a bar!

I managed to get into a few events with my gf this year, here are some random celeb moments we had. Please excuse the direct links, I dont have a Facebook to make an album on.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also, just for fun my lady and I got to do the red carpet since it was my birthday (if you can't tell, I was hammered) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:26:06 PM by Zero »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Celeb Encounter Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:06:37 PM »
Dude. If I had a gf and she was in a picture w/ Stephen Moyer and Joe Manganiello, all I might have left of her will be the picture. :D

Did you need to use your press badge to get the hookup on some of these or these events open to the public? 
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Celeb Encounter Photos
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:30:45 AM »

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »
You my friend know how to do SDCC right. I was invited to one party, but couldn't make it because it was on the same night as my Walking Dead Escape coverage. I'll def. be back next year with my press pass but please. Any tips for getting the invites to some of those crazy parties? haha

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
    • My Links
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:29 AM »
Did you need to use your press badge to get the hookup on some of these or these events open to the public?

Yes and no. I only got a professional badge this year but I kept all of my press contacts from last year and worked with them.

You my friend know how to do SDCC right. I was invited to one party, but couldn't make it because it was on the same night as my Walking Dead Escape coverage. I'll def. be back next year with my press pass but please. Any tips for getting the invites to some of those crazy parties? haha

Parties are easy to get into, just be sure to work with all of the people sending you releases all year long that way when SDCC arrives you aren't just another person asking to be let in but are a name that they recognize through your outlet. Also, always show love to the door men and clipboard girls & dress sharp. I managed to talk my way into a few things that I only had one invite or none at all because I was asked nicely & mentioned some of my contacts from their organization.

I say dress sharp because the BEST dressed people at comic-con are almost always the press relations folk. If you mirror their look you might be able to trick them into thinking you are there for work as well and not pleasure.

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:16 AM »
I noticed a few if your pics were inside/outside of the Omni Hotel.   Were you staying there?

Many celebs were in that hotel.  It was an endless line of black Escalades that kept rolling up there.  Many professional autograph hunters too.

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
    • My Links
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:34:13 AM »
Ha! Those autograph hunters make it fun though!

We stayed at the Hard Rock, but we were at the Wired Cafe every day for drinks and lunch so on the way in and out we bumped into people. The Omni is for sure the place to stay (loiter?) if you want to see famous people (and people who wish they were famous, not mentioning any name).

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »
Ha! Those autograph hunters make it fun though!

We stayed at the Hard Rock, but we were at the Wired Cafe every day for drinks and lunch so on the way in and out we bumped into people. The Omni is for sure the place to stay (loiter?) if you want to see famous people (and people who wish they were famous, not mentioning any name).

I stayed at the Hilton Bayfront, we had our fair share of celebs. I think the Omni/Both Hiltons/Marriot are where the majority of celebs are.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »
My understanding is that the TV/flm studios split up between the Hilton Bayfront, the Marriott Marquis and the Omni. Younger/hipper celebs/channels stay at the Hard Rock (G4 and MTV type celebs) and the Comic book Industry stays at the Grand Hyatt.

At least, this is pieced together from what I've heard. Anyone have other info?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:46:19 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »
My understanding is that the TV/flm studios split up between the Hilton Bayfront, the Marriott Marquis and the Omni. Younger/hipper celebs/channels stay at the Hard Rock (G4 and MTV type celebs) and the Comic book Industry stays at the Grand Hyatt.

At least, this is pieced together from what U;ve heard. Anyone have other info?

That sounds about right to me. WB TV people are almost always at the Bayfront. I think a lot of the CBS people are too, as last year we saw the Dexter crew there and this year, the Criminal Minds cast. Doctor Who stayed at the Marriott, I think? Someone told me, but it's been two weeks.

A lot of the film people seem to stay at the Hard Rock too though. I didn't see this, but I hear they started kicking people out of the lobby at Hard Rock who were loitering but didn't have a room key there.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »
That sounds about right to me. WB TV people are almost always at the Bayfront. I think a lot of the CBS people are too, as last year we saw the Dexter crew there and this year, the Criminal Minds cast. Doctor Who stayed at the Marriott, I think? Someone told me, but it's been two weeks.

A lot of the film people seem to stay at the Hard Rock too though. I didn't see this, but I hear they started kicking people out of the lobby at Hard Rock who were loitering but didn't have a room key there.

From what I saw in the latest video diary, Peter Jackson stayed at the Bayfront, and most likely the rest of The Hobbit team.