Author Topic: Homeland ***No spoilers***  (Read 646 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Homeland ***No spoilers***
« on: June 09, 2021, 05:25:32 PM »
I've been a fan of Homeland since it began and the short version is: I love the first 4 seasons, 5-7 arent as well written/plausible, and I just finished season 8.

They really stuck the landing on this one. 

If you have not seen it, give it a try.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Homeland ***No spoilers***
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 06:17:26 PM »
Homeland is awesome.  For me, the only thing that was worth watching on Showtime after Dexter ended.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:44:19 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 07:52:32 PM »
A few things to try to hook people:

--Its great fun when Carrie (Claire Danes) starts cussing.  She doesn't a lot, but when she does she meant that $#!+

--The stories are complex and make the viewer think but not the incomprehensible mess that most spy plot twist stories are

-- The settings are (I would guess) realistic in that a war room for example is not all slick and chromey, there's water stained ceiling tiles and cables hanging loose into a ceiling panel, etc.  I would imagine that the spy craft is one of the most realistic we will see on film.

--The twists can be fun or heart wrenching

--My theory is that Shawshank is not a story about a prison break, but a story of friendship set in a prison.  Homeland to me is about Carrie, Saul, and Brody that happens to be set in a spy thriller.

I'm just riding high from the end and really want to convince someone to watch.  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:55:59 PM by Chris »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 02:03:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-- The settings are (I would guess) realistic in that a war room for example is not all slick and chromey, there's water stained ceiling tiles and cables hanging loose into a ceiling panel, etc.

Government offices vary a lot.  Where I was I hunted down 40's and 50's era furniture to furnish my very '70s university looking office.  We were well funded.  Others had it worse.  At the NIH though, the conference rooms had expensive dark wood paneling with matching dark wood furniture.  It looked like how the boardroom of a Fortune 500 company is portrayed in the movies.