Author Topic: Hall H, what lines?  (Read 8194 times)

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
Re: Hall H, what lines?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 05:42:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What would Marvel bring if they do come to SDCC? I'm assuming both Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 will be out by then (correct?), so probably not those movies. If there's Spiderman, I assume it'd be a Sony panel. And I doubt GotG3 will have anything by then, especially considering James Gunn's firing. Do they have anything else announced?

There are 3 movies for 2020 but no confirmation on which titles.

What is supposed to be a part of Phase 4 (with no confirmed dates yet and I can’t remember which order) are: Black Panther 2, Dr. Strange 2, Black Widow, Captain Marvel 2 (I think). And big hints of The Eternals. Spiderman and GotG3 are a part of Phase 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 05:49:10 PM »
Don’t forget that the next D23 Expo is in August 2019.   Marvel Studios might skip again as they have during previous D23 years. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:02:11 AM »

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
Hall H, what lines?
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »
Don’t forget that the next D23 Expo is in August 2019.   Marvel Studios might skip again as they have during previous D23 years.

They didn’t skip out last year even though the D23 Expo 2017 was a few weeks later.

Feige has been pretty strategic about when they skip. He wants to leave a bit of mystery for Phase 4. He’s basically only confirmed sequels and Black Widow. What else is to come is anyone’s guess. And I wonder if any of it will have to do with Disney buying Fox. Maybe they’re leaving it a bit open for that. (Or my wishful thinking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:10:50 PM by jujubaSD »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »
Did Kevin Smith in Hall H. Walk in with no line. I like being able to catch at least one panel in there now.

I was at the Deadpool 2 panel right before, a lot of people left and there didn't seem to be many people coming in.

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »

SDCC gets the chopped liver, while D23 gets the prime cuts in 2019.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:39:34 PM by f22raptor »

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 09:42:33 AM »
If you're only lining up 30 minutes prior to a panel in hall h you shouldnt be surprised to be shut out.

i lined up 30 minutes prior and got into Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead..

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
i lined up 30 minutes prior and got into Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead..

It doesnt work that way normally though. Some panels are much harder to get into. I lined up a half hour before the Deadpool panel and didnt get in. But I was prepared for that because I know how crazy Hall H can get.  I just dont want people to get false hope for next year. Especially if Game of Thrones has a farewell panel next year and Marvel Cinema returns.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »
It doesnt work that way normally though. Some panels are much harder to get into. I lined up a half hour before the Deadpool panel and didnt get in. But I was prepared for that because I know how crazy Hall H can get.  I just dont want people to get false hope for next year. Especially if Game of Thrones has a farewell panel next year and Marvel Cinema returns.

Or if there's another property that becomes insanely hot.  Rick and Morty should be back next year as they finally got the greenlight to start producing content.  If the Middle Earth series comes out, that may also drum up some interest among the Tolkienites.  There's also Watchmen. 

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »

I think Game of Thrones returning will depend on when those final episodes return.  Right now, it just says "2019".  If it returns BEFORE Comic-con, I have doubts HBO will bother with a panel.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
I think Game of Thrones returning will depend on when those final episodes return.  Right now, it just says "2019".  If it returns BEFORE Comic-con, I have doubts HBO will bother with a panel.

They've typically gone to the con at the end of the season and right before filming began for the next season.  I can see them doing a farewell panel. 

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2018, 11:27:13 AM »
They've typically gone to the con at the end of the season and right before filming began for the next season.  I can see them doing a farewell panel.

Yep...the 2 times I've gone to a Game of Thrones panel the panel only showed recaps of the previous season because they hadn't started shooting for the following season yet. Season 7 was the oddball.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Now I'm curious, what shows in recent memory have had farewell panels at SDCC? I'm specifically thinking of a panel after the last episode has aired, and not along the lines of an anniversary panel (like BSG last year or Firefly a few years ago). Also, what about movies? I know Deadpool 2 had a panel, but I can't remember too many other movies that had panels after it was already in theaters.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »
Now I'm curious, what shows in recent memory have had farewell panels at SDCC? I'm specifically thinking of a panel after the last episode has aired, and not along the lines of an anniversary panel (like BSG last year or Firefly a few years ago). Also, what about movies? I know Deadpool 2 had a panel, but I can't remember too many other movies that had panels after it was already in theaters.

There was Breaking Bad this year.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:02 AM »

Funny you should mention that:

First half of 2019 means it may be done by Comic con. Maybe last year was it. :(

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:42 AM »
There was Breaking Bad this year.

That was a Reunion panel. Not a farewell panel.