Author Topic: Costume Planning  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Abunai

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
Costume Planning
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:44:35 AM »
Hey All! While we're waiting on actual programming announcements I have a question for the masses.

For those of you that are doing different costumes on different days, how do you go about deciding which one you'll wear when? My husband asked me this morning what order I wanted to go in and I had no idea.

So, how do you plan your costume programming?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Costume Planning
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:32:59 AM »
I don't do costumes but here is my thinking:

Best costume for Saturday since it's the Masquerade and everyone will be in their Saturday finest.

Sunday - no costume or something simple since you're probably drained by then.
Thursday - something a bit more elaborate since you'll have the energy and time to really get into it.
Friday - probably the 2nd busiest day so you'll likely be stopped for a lot of pictures so your 2nd favorite one?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:29:15 PM »

Offline princessology

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:29:52 AM »
I tend to do it based on what panels/meetups are on what days. Saturday is always the biggest day at any con, so bring out your showstopper on that day. Friday I'm wearing my second favorite and Thursday I'm wearing a pretty good one too, but Saturday will be the big guns haha. I'm also dressing up for preview night but it's not going to be super elaborate. I never wear costumes on Sunday because I'm always traveling back that day.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:12:56 AM »
For Preview Night I do something less elaborate. You won't see a lot of elaborate costumes on Preview Night.

For the rest of the Con, I try to think about the panels that I'm going to see. For example, one year I went to a gaming panel that included my costume characters in a computer game, so i wore one of the characters in the game. Another time I went to a voice actors panel and the voice actor of one of my characters was there, so I wore the appropriate costume.

As a female, there are other concerns too. One of my costumes ia a white bodysuit, so last year I wore it on Thursday, since I was expecting (and had) a monthly visit the next day... well, you can see if those issues will affect you.

Lastly, think about the footwear with each costume. If you have one or more outfits that are particularly uncomfortable, you don't want to wear them in a row. Try to sandwich a more comfortable costume/more comfortable footwear between the less comfy ones.