Author Topic: A new auto signing procedure for the WB at SDCC?  (Read 40872 times)

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
Re: A new auto signing procedure for the WB at SDCC?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, like what Funko did for Preview Night.  Maybe they can do an online lotto the week before SDCCI (after CCI has released the panel schedule), and then only wrist-banded people can wait in line.  Maybe do it ala movie sneak preview pass distribution, where they overbook a little bit so that way you have to dedicate some time to guarantee a place in line? (Lots of control.. the amount of people that will wait in a line at any given time)

Yes and everything will of course be tie to your RFID!
Viola! Problem solved!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »
What if there were a charge for entering the autograph lottery? For example, make a $10 donation to charity just to enter. I know I've seen charity raffles like this before. The $10 would not deter people who really wanted to autographs, but would cause people who are doing it 'just because they can' to think twice.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:58:07 PM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 12:41:23 PM »
What if there were a charge for entering the autograph lottery? For example, make a $10 donation to charity just to enter. I know I've seen charity raffles like this before. The $10 would not deter people who really wanted to autographs, but would cause people who are doing it 'just because they can' to think twice.
No

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 12:54:40 PM »

It makes sense on a deterrence/crowd-limiting standpoint, but it just feels... wrong. I'd be incredibly mad if CCI required a charity donation to wait in the Hall H line, for comparison. (I don't do autograph lines.)

Offline SwagCollector

• Exhibit Hall
    • SDCC Swag Collector
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 01:56:28 PM »

I kinda like this idea... Additionally, maybe offer a consolation prize for those that don't win the autograph.
Also, only do the lottery for half or a third of the allotted autograph wristbands... That way, the die-hard fans still have a chance- if they're willing to put in the time.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »
If they go the online lottery route, they might be doing this to stop the fake Ada people.
I hate the fake Ada but I hate the online lottery as well.
Why not make Hall H online lottery as well to clear up the people camping out etc
Not sure if there is space but WB should have chutes like Wondercon not just one line.
And as I've said multiple times one wristband per person per day for WB signings.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »
I would love an online lottery for autographs.  But only because I am only slightly interested in them and would give it a shot to get something as I would never be willing to put in the time with existing process.  With that said I am a complete hypocrite because I am 1000% against lottery for Hall H.  I put in the time to guarantee I get in because that is my #1 priority for the con, don't want it to be random.  So overall if one type of lottery would lead to everything being a lottery I'm against.     

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »
Exactly I would never in a million years camp out for Hall H but I would enter the lottery.
I like the free cast Autograph signings and met Spielberg last year at the WB Ready Player One signing.
If the thing I love goes to an online lottery then do the same for all the other things people line up for.

For the record I don't want online lotteries for SDCC.

Offline SwagCollector

• Exhibit Hall
    • SDCC Swag Collector
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »

Why not make Hall H online lottery as well to clear up the people camping out etc

My thought is, SDCC is too BIG...
As a result, lines (including camping-out) are needed for crowd control. SDCC probably depends on lines to help manage attendees... And they probably have limited interest in getting rid-of lines.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
From what i know and learned, SDCC has grown and has attracted alot different people as to why they go. Out of the 130k plus, u can put them in categories as to like  :

true fans, e-bay salers, autograph seekers who get for own want and not sale , then those who get and resale for gain or profit, cosplayers, gamers, collectors, those that just go for panels, those that try to check out everything if go all 4 or 5 days, and those that go for vacation and fun and by chance reunions with those who able to go every year.

maybe more categories but just from what i notice and can tell over time. i not against any of it just shows how the con has grown and why. i may have missed a category but just ones i can think of off hand and all.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 05:45:52 AM »
I agree. Added bonus is supporting a good cause or charity.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 05:52:41 AM »
If they go the online lottery route, they might be doing this to stop the fake Ada people.
I hate the fake Ada but I hate the online lottery as well.
Not sure if there is space but WB should have chutes like Wondercon not just one line.
And as I've said multiple times one wristband per person per day for WB signings.
I would agree to a limit but I would say two. Anyone with four or five clearly have taken advantage.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »
All the stuff i hear about hall h, i wonder if it has caused some or many too loose interest for all the pros and cons of the panels and all. years ago u was able to just walk in and get cozy to hear any news from panels of projects. but now u gotta wait in a long ass line and hope no on cuts in cause i dont think there is any line control now days. and if anyone does cut in that just takes away a chair from anyone who is devoted and chooses to skip anyhting else just to see a panel and loose a spot cause of line cutters or the whole fake band hassles of last year. i guess as time has changed there have been baddies who ruin for the rest cause they dont wanna play by rules and cut or fake things just to get in a panel that eventually is recorded some how and posted on youtube later.not sure if ballroom 20 is the same way, but guessing it getting there depends on what panels they got at anytime.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
An online lottery can help quantify interest.  Once the line gets dispersed, after all the WB ticket draws and wristbands, you don't know how many actualy were in the queue.     

I'm sure groups get in line (and online) sometimes to help the odds for a small number in their group.  That's viable since WB allowed you to give your winning wristband to someone else, they just have to be present at placement.  Not sure how they would limit that, if they haven't done so prior years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
I dont do the lines out back but have roamed around and see it like mega lines for hall h or whatever else. not sure how they gonna fix things besides already giving traffic a free ride do to what happen last year with fake bands and all. this might sound extreme kinda but hope they block their id for ever attending again incase they try to cause hassles again in future. but guessing they always tweaking something to make things go better i hope ea year.  i get what i can at anytime and try by pass pay for anything i not really want bad cause never know when u get to do so again any year.