Author Topic: Funko Fundays 2022  (Read 8497 times)

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Re: Funko Fundays 2022
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2022, 08:17:45 AM »
I wouldn't mind teaming up just like getting SDCC badges and do a group.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2022, 11:05:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wouldn't mind teaming up just like getting SDCC badges and do a group.

My worry is they will do the stupid 4 hour twitter window, but it won't matter because all the data was leaked anyways. 

General the past two years has frustrated me, reading the posts on FB of guys who brag about how they had the link and password before hand AND were told 15 mins before it went live just crushed me
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:58:07 AM »

Offline shadow and flame

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2022, 09:26:42 PM »
My worry is they will do the stupid 4 hour twitter window, but it won't matter because all the data was leaked anyways. 

General the past two years has frustrated me, reading the posts on FB of guys who brag about how they had the link and password before hand AND were told 15 mins before it went live just crushed me

Heard similar that the password was leaked a minute or two before it went live for 2019, still plenty amount of time to buy tickets and then some.  Frustrating indeed, still trying to get in at least once.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2022, 09:44:49 AM »
Th question is, how are these people getting it ahead of time?

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2022, 09:58:30 AM »
Friends and family?

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2022, 10:10:50 AM »
Th question is, how are these people getting it ahead of time?

Funko staff.

Funko has a huge issue with their staff leaking things.  Fundays has been leaked two years in a row with the password, has to be staff.

Then there are product leaks all the time.   Once they announce that their warehouse was moving to Arizona one staff member started stealing an unreleased item and selling them for mark-up on the after-market.

I think some are old staff members that made friends at the booth over the years.  They legit stopped me once at the booth, let their friends in and I missed an item. 

Then their are the disgruntled employees. 

Online stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2022, 10:36:37 AM »
All of these are possibilities...but so is the bots they have made to buy the pops/tickets being sued to scrub for data and just force trying thousands of passwords till it finds the right one.  I think its just as likely if not more that someone is doing something nefarious like this to get a leg up on buyers as it is someone from within the company leaking the info.

Offline Berts

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2022, 10:41:39 AM »

Wait, was the data (link/password) leaked already for this year? Or were you talking about past years?

Online stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2022, 10:45:50 AM »
Wait, was the data (link/password) leaked already for this year? Or were you talking about past years?
No additional info has came out officially or by leak yet this year.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2022, 11:05:33 AM »
What they should do in order to keep it from leaking is to have the person typing in the password call up a friend and tell them to say a word and then instantly put it into the password area. No leak. Done. I'm brilliant!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2022, 12:12:44 PM »
What they should do in order to keep it from leaking is to have the person typing in the password call up a friend and tell them to say a word and then instantly put it into the password area. No leak. Done. I'm brilliant!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Too late, already sold out. 

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2022, 06:25:24 PM »
Update to the Funko Blog

BOX OF FUN

Fundays means a new iteration of the Box of Fun! There are 4 new team themes and each box is full of limited edition, exclusive collectibles only available through the Box of Fun available on Funko.com or the in-person Fundays celebration. More details about the Fundays Box of Fun coming soon!

QUESTIONS ABOUT FUNDAYS

Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?

No. While we do not recommend this event for small children, children are welcome. However, each and every attendee will require a ticket, regardless of age.

Is my Fundays registration/ticket transferrable?

No. The ticket buyer must use their own ticket. It is not permissible to transfer or sell your ticket. Any attempts at selling tickets will result in cancellation of said ticket.

Why can't I change the name on my second Fundays ticket?

Tickets will only have the name of the buyer. The second ticket is looked at as a "+1" of the buyer.

Why is the limit only two (2) Fundays tickets per customer?

Our ticketing limitations are designed in order to allow as many people to attend Fundays as possible. We want to make sure we spread the tickets out and don't want people purchasing blocks of tickets. We reserve the right to cancel any attempts to purchase more than two (2) tickets.

Why is the policy only one (1) Box of Fun per Fundays ticket-holder/attendee?

We don't want people to purchase multiple Fundays tickets just to collect multiple Boxes of Fun. Instead, we want those tickets and Boxes of Fun to go to other fans who would like to actually attend the event. Fundays is a celebration of the Funko Family and community, where we can also give back to our dedicated Funatics. The idea is to come to the event and experience Fundays together - not just collect the free stuff!

Do I have to bring my printed Fundays ticket to the event?

No, but we recommend it.

The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?

No! We will check IDs at the door and the name must match the ticket. You can only redeem one (1) ticket per customer. If you somehow have multiple tickets, you will not receive multiple Boxes of Fun. Only one (1) Box of Fun will be given to each ticket-holder.

I don't have tickets for SDCC. Can I still attend Fundays?

Yes! You do not need to be a SDCC badge holder to be able to purchase Fundays tickets.

Will you be selling exclusives at Fundays?

No, Fundays is a celebration! We will not be selling any items at the event.

How will seating at Fundays work this year?

Please be in line with who you want to sit with and check in together - groups of 10 are not necessary but ideal! You will be assigned to a table at check-in. You will not be able to save seats at your table for someone who is arriving later. You may be able to trade with other willing attendees, but the best chance of sitting with who you want to is to arrive together!

For additional questions, please reach out to Funko’s social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @OriginalFunko and check in regularly to see updates.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2022, 08:17:15 PM »
I wish they really did ID at the event.  It would take to long and they would have to open up earlier, not going to happen.

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »
Well it says Funko Fanatic board members whoever they are get the first pick. And the info gets leaked so how am I supposed to even have a chance?  :(

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2022, 07:17:04 AM »
Well it says Funko Fanatic board members whoever they are get the first pick. And the info gets leaked so how am I supposed to even have a chance?  :(

They are giving the boards maybe 12% of the tickets so not much and even there it's not good odds.  So if they don't control their leak it's really just insanely good luck.  I do know a few people that made it in general, but them leaking the password definitely makes it harder.