Author Topic: Wondercon = SDCC Lite  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
Wondercon = SDCC Lite
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »
Based on my visits to WonderCon when it was in Anahiem, it is sort of like a smaller Comic Con with fewer attendees. It has a lot of panels and some of the industry exhibitors like DC, Marvel, IDW etc. The only noticeable differences between the 2 conventions are: WC badges don't sell out in a few hours, and the exhibit hall isn't as crowded as Comic Con. Someday, WonderCon will become a 2nd Comic Con owned by SDCCI since WonderCon keeps getting more attendees every year.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Wondercon = SDCC Lite
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:27:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Based on my visits to WonderCon when it was in Anahiem, it is sort of like a smaller Comic Con with fewer attendees. It has a lot of panels and some of the industry exhibitors like DC, Marvel, IDW etc. The only noticeable differences between the 2 conventions are: WC badges don't sell out in a few hours, and the exhibit hall isn't as crowded as Comic Con. Someday, WonderCon will become a 2nd Comic Con owned by SDCCI since WonderCon keeps getting more attendees every year.

WonderCon is owned by SDCCI, actually.  Technically speaking, it is basically a smaller version of Comic-Con.  Many people refer to it as "Comic-Con's little sister," including SDCCI.  Ha ha.  ^__^;

According to their "About" page on the website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Comic-Con International took over the show in 2002 [...]."

"WonderCon is literally the sister show to Comic-Con International, embracing all the main aspects of that show, including comics, movies, TV, animation, the Masquerade, and more."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:24:05 AM »

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:50:58 PM »
I know Wondercon is owned by Comic Con. I just meant Wondercon is becoming a big convention like SDCC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews