Author Topic: Silicon Valley Comic Con 2019: August 16-18, San Jose, CA  (Read 18299 times)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: Silicon Valley Comic Con 2019: August 16-18, San Jose, CA
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2019, 10:30:11 PM »
Finally. I also gave 5 stars to registration, but I gave almost everything else 2-3 stars.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »
I enjoyed SVCC, but with very few celebrity TV show/movie panels and outside events, it seems this show has turned into a superstar cash grab/glorified toy show like Wizard World and Heroes and Villains.

I attended the spotlight panel for Morena Baccarin, which was very informative regarding her career, but couldn't make it to the Terminator panel. Perhaps that was a good thing since AS didn't attend.

My one gripe is that the photo-op lines seemed disorganized for most of the day on Saturday. I had ops for Stone Cold, Morena Baccarin and Jason Momoa, and for whatever reason, they scheduled Morena's and Jason's ops within 10 minutes of each other towards the end of the day. Jason had about 4 photo sessions throughout the day, and I purchased my ops early, so I don't know why mine scheduled were so close. I expressed my concerns with the person at the desk after I redeemed my QR code, but they said, "Oh, Jason will be here late, so it will be okay." Be that as it may, ops for one attendee shouldn't be bunched in that closely. It ended up being a non-issue as Jason's line was INSANELY long, but not something that I should be worrying about.

Overall, the show was fun and the cosplay was pretty good, but that was about all. Considering the past SVCC's, this show felt like a step backwards... and to the person who stole my signed Kristanna Loken photo, I hope you burn in hell. My friend got me in as a vendor, and I was helping him pack up on Sunday after the hall closed, so my group and I left our Funko Pops, signed posters and things at the information counter directly across from the booth. It was about 15 feet away from us. While we were packing up, someone grabbed my SIGNED photo and walked off with it, but didn't steal anything else. I can't believe someone, probably a fellow vendor would do such a thing!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 02:08:43 AM »

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
to the person who stole my signed Kristanna Loken photo, I hope you burn in hell. My friend got me in as a vendor, and I was helping him pack up on Sunday after the hall closed, so my group and I left our Funko Pops, signed posters and things at the information counter directly across from the booth. It was about 15 feet away from us. While we were packing up, someone grabbed my SIGNED photo and walked off with it, but didn't steal anything else. I can't believe someone, probably a fellow vendor would do such a thing!
So so sorry  >:( Not cool. Sucks, taints a nice moment and experience for you. This seems crazy and so specific. You sure you didn't just misplace it or lost it before? If I'm a thief I take everything not just a signed photo! BTW, was it signed personalized or was it a photo with you and her? If it was really loserville if someone stole a personalized photo!
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2019, 09:21:05 AM »
So so sorry  >:( Not cool. Sucks, taints a nice moment and experience for you. This seems crazy and so specific. You sure you didn't just misplace it or lost it before? If I'm a thief I take everything not just a signed photo! BTW, was it signed personalized or was it a photo with you and her? If it was really loserville if someone stole a personalized photo!

It was a personalized 8x11 that I selected from Kristanna's booth signed with a silver sharpie. It had my name on it and everything!.. and I didn't misplace it. Right before someone stole it, I saw two old guys thumbing through our things, so I and my booth mates had to tell them, "Hey! That belongs to us!" I specifically saw one of the old guys pick up my signed photo, but he put it back down after telling them that the merchandise was ours. Shortly after we were done packing up, my photo was gone. My only consolation is that I got a selfie with her.

More than anything, I'm disappointed with myself for giving some old butthole the opportunity to steal something of mine. Being a victim of a somewhat recent theft, I'm usually paranoid about my things and keep them close, but figured "the photo is personalized. Who would steal it?" Moreover, there were only vendors in the hall; responsible adults, at least so I thought... Things like this make me lose faith in humanity.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2019, 09:26:26 AM »
It was a personalized 8x11 that I selected from Kristanna's booth signed with a silver sharpie. It had my name on it and everything!.. and I didn't misplace it. Right before someone stole it, I saw two old guys thumbing through our things, so I and my booth mates had to tell them, "Hey! That belongs to us!" I specifically saw one of the old guys pick up my signed photo, but he put it back down after telling them that the merchandise was ours. Shortly after we were done packing up, my photo was gone. My only consolation is that I got a selfie with her.

More than anything, I'm disappointed with myself for giving some old butthole the opportunity to steal something of mine. Being a victim of a somewhat recent theft, I'm usually paranoid about my things and keep them close, but figured "the photo is personalized. Who would steal it?" Moreover, there were only vendors in the hall; responsible adults, at least so I thought... Things like this make me lose faith in humanity.
Wow totally sucks and loserville! Who takes a personalized photo?! Yes there's so much value in that. lol. They either didn't realize it was personalized or maybe they have the same name as you!!!  ;) (Of course knowing your name and how fairly unique it is, I know that's not the case!). Sorry bro.  >:(
"Wax On, Wax Off"