Author Topic: SDCC 2024 Open Registration  (Read 4782 times)

Offline stove19

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
Re: SDCC 2024 Open Registration
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
I was one of the unlucky few who had glitches during returning registration, so hoping for better luck this time around!

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 10:36:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was one of the unlucky few who had glitches during returning registration, so hoping for better luck this time around!

Good luck to you and everyone else attempting open reg!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:50:01 AM »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 249
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 10:43:52 AM »

I'm sorry you had trouble. I think overall, the last session was the smoothest in memory. I did not hear too many complaints, but yeah, fingers crossed for you next time.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9656
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2023, 10:53:10 AM »
Is it possible the switch to this system might have been financially motivated?  Given that carpeting for the convention floor is gone for cost savings, anything is possible. I have no idea how much it costs to use services like on-peak and Queue-it, but if the current route is cheaper, might be a reason for the change.

That's entirely possible. We don't know why they switched, just that they did. And that it hasn't gone well so far.

Regarding 'fallen soldiers' from the returning registration sale, the system ran smoothly in the beginning of the sale and the end (which is why i think that the glitches came from allowing too many people in at once). This is an easy fix, and I have faith that CCI will slow down access to the buying pages so that their system can handle it in open registration.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1279
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 11:03:46 AM »
That's entirely possible. We don't know why they switched, just that they did. And that it hasn't gone well so far.

Regarding 'fallen soldiers' from the returning registration sale, the system ran smoothly in the beginning of the sale and the end (which is why i think that the glitches came from allowing too many people in at once). This is an easy fix, and I have faith that CCI will slow down access to the buying pages so that their system can handle it in open registration.

Get your snacks ready...November 18 may be a looong session! :chef2:
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 706
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 02:41:58 PM »
According to a reddit post...

Even people that have all days and PN, can get into the waiting room, and purchase for others that do not have all days. 

This should be VERY interesting!!!   :w000t:

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1279
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 02:59:23 PM »
According to a reddit post...

Even people that have all days and PN, can get into the waiting room, and purchase for others that do not have all days. 

This should be VERY interesting!!!   :w000t:

This is clearly new, and a huge change.  Wonder why the change?  It is not as if SDCC needs MORE folk vying for purchasing spots! Odd. 
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Batgirl

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2023, 08:52:41 PM »
IIRC, the add PN only section was at the top of the screen or some place difficult to find. Anyone remember or have a screenshot of where this may be located?

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2023, 09:09:02 PM »
IIRC, the add PN only section was at the top of the screen or some place difficult to find. Anyone remember or have a screenshot of where this may be located?

I can't speak for how it was last year, but this year during Returning Registration, PN was on a separate screen. You add all four days, then click Add to Cart, and then the next screen, you have the option to add PN. If you don't add all four days, you won't get that second screen.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 349
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2023, 05:16:52 AM »
I can't speak for how it was last year, but this year during Returning Registration, PN was on a separate screen. You add all four days, then click Add to Cart, and then the next screen, you have the option to add PN. If you don't add all four days, you won't get that second screen.
This is good to know. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Batgirl

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2023, 05:37:47 AM »
Found it! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NOTE ABOUT PREVIEW NIGHT! Last year for Open Registration this year, those who had successfully purchased 4-day badges WITHOUT Preview Night had a different process for adding Preview Night in this sale. This process included selecting Buy Preview Night from the top menu bar. From there, you needed to verify your eligibility and your information will be auto-populated under the Registrants tab on the next page. From there you could choose to Register Another Member, or you can proceed to Checkout. This method is ONLY for if you, or the people you are purchasing for, just needed Preview Night badges. If you needed badges for any other days, you are instructed to remain on the main registration page.

There’s no official word on if this same process will be in effect for 2024, but we’d be prepared just in case.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 706
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2023, 05:55:22 AM »
Found it! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NOTE ABOUT PREVIEW NIGHT! Last year for Open Registration this year, those who had successfully purchased 4-day badges WITHOUT Preview Night had a different process for adding Preview Night in this sale. This process included selecting Buy Preview Night from the top menu bar. From there, you needed to verify your eligibility and your information will be auto-populated under the Registrants tab on the next page. From there you could choose to Register Another Member, or you can proceed to Checkout. This method is ONLY for if you, or the people you are purchasing for, just needed Preview Night badges. If you needed badges for any other days, you are instructed to remain on the main registration page.

There’s no official word on if this same process will be in effect for 2024, but we’d be prepared just in case.

I am missing the blue circle.  That was my first experience buying badge for Comic Con.  By God's grace, I got in for my first try.  All available badges were on one page.  I selected the ones I wanted, paid, confirmed, and I was out.  easy, peasy.

They've made this so complicated.

As someone who has worked in tech for many years, and has seen some debacles, this feels like configio 'shoe horning' in CCI's specs.  The first clue was last year, when we were supposed to log in first, before getting into the waiting room, and then the change on the fly of just letting everyone into the waiting room.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 07:33:39 AM by sessionka »
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Batgirl

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2023, 06:47:06 AM »
Yes! It is not intuitive. I remember spending a good minute trying to find the option to only add PN last year

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2023, 09:16:49 AM »
I've said this elsewhere -- the UI/UX is not just incompetently bad... it feels almost maliciously so. There are so many things that make you think they thought, "What's the worst interface we can come up with for this particular feature?" There's the aforementioned PN on a separate page. There's the TINY red x to remove a day. And then there's the exclusives portal, which to this day, I still don't know how it works. The most ridiculous thing about the portal was that my sis was doing it at the same time, and her UI was TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Same browser, different UI.

The old system wasn't flashy, but it worked.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9656
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2023, 09:56:16 AM »
Don't forget last year when there was a 'waitlist' to get PN if you couldn't buy it... and then later they reneged and said that there was no waitlist.