Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34377 times)

Offline jclemy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
I can't wait! My daughter is doing the bibbity bobbity boutique in the morning and I wish they had Rey or Leia. It will be interesting to have Elsa with me in Star Wars land.
She's just as excited as I am.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
Next week at this time, I will have wrapped up my reservation!

If all goes according to plan, things should be as easy as SDCC w/out doing Hall H, Ballroom 20, WB autographs, GOT offsite, TWD offsite, Funko line, Hasbro line as I’m not going for Savi’s or Oga’s.   

Already planning a second visit on 6/26 and then hopefully a 3rd before SDCC.

Also been working at reading Aurebesh better.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If all goes according to plan, things should be as easy as SDCC w/out doing Hall H, Ballroom 20, WB autographs, GOT offsite, TWD offsite, Funko line, Hasbro line as I’m not going for Savi’s or Oga’s.   

Already planning a second visit on 6/26 and then hopefully a 3rd before SDCC.
from what i hear the reservation system at Oga's might acutally be nice- pop in for a beer type of thing- iirc the beer is $13 for a pint
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
iirc the beer is $13 for a pint

I was preparing myself for something way way worse.  I'm surprised it's only SLIGHTLY absurdly expensive instead of EXTREMELY absurdly expensive.  ~perspective~

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
First, is anyone having some trouble getting the right quote to load up in here? I keep on getting different ones I don’t want unless I create a new post...

from what i hear the reservation system at Oga's might acutally be nice- pop in for a beer type of thing- iirc the beer is $13 for a pint
The reservation system for the cantina works. Best thing ever; CM will guide everyone to the spot to make one. No need to run to the cantina.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
I was preparing myself for something way way worse.  I'm surprised it's only SLIGHTLY absurdly expensive instead of EXTREMELY absurdly expensive.  ~perspective~
the mixed drinks were in the 13-16 range- i plan on consuming more & different types the next time i go....  hehe, the one i had was very very interesting- i'd have it again
the expencive items involved take-away glasses etc
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
the mixed drinks were in the 13-16 range- i plan on consuming more & different types the next time i go....  hehe, the one i had was very very interesting- i'd have it again
the expencive items involved take-away glasses etc

That's about on par with a fancy night club.  Rum and coke was $12 at Omnia for Rave of Thrones.  More with tip.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
I went last Friday and I don’t even know where to begin as far as sharing impressions, reviews and thoughts except that it is one of the greatest Star Wars related experiences one can have!!

If I weren’t local to DL/DCA and a passholder, I would definitely trade 4 days + PN at SDCC for equivalent number of days at Galaxy’s Edge.  It really is that impressive!!! It impresses in huge ways like the super super detail you see all around you but also impressed you in little ways like First Order demonstration rallies being held while shopkeepers are imploring you to not listen to any of that propaganda.  It impresses in subtle ways too - while you see droids everywhere and an X-wing and an A-wing not to mention the Falcon, they’re never showpieces in the way they’d be if they were at SDCC.   Rather, they feel like they’re “supposed” to be there and part of the environment. 

I’ll probably have more to add at a later time as everything is still sinking in!   I had a really, really great time if that wasn’t evident already.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003

Know Before You Go: Planning Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort Beginning June 24

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been sharing the unique sights, sounds, smells and tastes of Batuu with off-worlders with reservations since May 31. As this epic new land opens starting June 24, there is so much to see and do including strolling the Black Spire Outpost Marketplace, tasting blue or green milk and taking the controls of the Millennium Falcon. Here are some great tips to help you plan your visit to the far-flung destination of Batuu, beginning June 24!

Boarding Groups

For guests wishing to live out Star Wars adventures and access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge beginning June 24, Disneyland Resort may utilize a virtual queuing system, as needed, to help everyone have a great experience. Download the Disneyland app before arriving and check the app or signage the day of your visit to find out if you will need to be part of a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that day. The boarding group will save you a virtual spot in line so you can enjoy other experiences while you wait to be notified of a time to enter.*

You may use the Disneyland app to request to be part of a boarding group after entering Disneyland park, if implemented that day. Simply link the theme park tickets of everyone in your party together on the app to request the same boarding group for your entire party. To see which boarding group is currently being admitted to the land, look on the app or digital signage in the park.

If you enable push notifications on your mobile device, you will be notified when it is time to enter the land. If not, continue to check the Disneyland app or digital signage in the park, and enjoy other experiences, while awaiting your boarding group. You have up to two hours to enter the land after your boarding group is called for admission, so there is no rush!

For guests not using the Disneyland app, a boarding group may be obtained with a park admission ticket at select Disney FASTPASS Service locations such as Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or near the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina

Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land, although reservations will be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. Guests wishing to book a reservation for these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina for important details.

Go forth, adventurers, and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by planning ahead with these new innovative digital planning tools to access Batuu, resulting in more time to enjoy the Disneyland Resort!

*Admission to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is subject to capacity and joining a boarding group does not guarantee entry.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
Savi  still available

Handbuilt Lightsabers

Theme park admission is required and not included.
Payment will be due upon arrival at the location.
Guests must be at least 5 years old to participate.
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes prior to the reservation time at the check-in location in front of Savi's Workshop- Handbuilt Lightsabers. Check-ins earlier than one hour prior to the reservation time will be asked to return within the allotted window.

Be prepared to present reservation confirmation email, photo ID, and the credit card provided at the time of booking the reservation.

This is a personalized experience that is non-refundable and not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts.
Limit one Lightsaber per builder per experience.

Late arrivals may not be accommodated
If you fail to check in for your reservation, the credit card provided at the time of booking the reservation will be charged $199.99 per builder. Cancellations are not allowed.

All information- including, without limitation, prices, offerings and experiences- is subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.
This experience takes place in an enclosed space with low lighting levels.

Cantina and the app is full today.

You don't have to be in park to reserve these.

Update on Oga's

Times still available if box date not struck out.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:38:20 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Times still available if box date not struck out.

Its only same day reservations so all the other dates will always be struck out.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
"Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Purchasing Extra Scrap Metal at Savi's Workshop"

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
California gets second in January17,  2020
Florida Dec 5, 2019

Disney Parks

We’ve got some exciting news to share today with the galaxy. We’re opening Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Dec. 5 at Walt Disney World Resort. If this date sounds familiar, many of our fans will recognize it as Walt Disney’s birthday. What better way to honor the ultimate storyteller than by introducing the most immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined in a Disney Park.

When it opens, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Guests will be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base. Along the way, they will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. With the help of some heroes of the Resistance, they break out and must escape the Star Destroyer, protect the secret base, and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren.

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resortwhere Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17. 

Between now and then, we’ll have lots more to share about this immersive, multi-platform experience so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
So.... who wants to go to Disneyland before SDCC 2020?   :P

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
Ha!  By SDCC 2020, I will have been to Galaxy’s Edge/Batuu at least 20 times (I’m already at 4 since it first opened).