Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Shuttle Info  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Dune930

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
Re: SDCC 2019 Shuttle Info
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2019, 04:14:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still saw plenty of people camping overnight.  I think the only thing the lottery did was give someone like me a chance to get something who would have never considered camping out overnight.  Other people in the signing I won also said the same thing.  That's why I don't think that a lottery is the best way to go.  Since I think the people that want it so much that they will camp out overnight should be the ones that get it.

I'm very much looking forward to winning an autograph lottery as there is no way in hell I'm leaving the comfort and security of the expensive hotel I'm staying at, to camp out in line like a kid. I don't understand this mentality, but to each their own. Now I'll get in line if I can as early as I can, but I'm not camping out, it's ridiculous. I know CC tries to make camping out in lines overnight as part of the CC experience, but that's not right. I think a lottery is a fair system and I wish all of us the best of luck.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
I'm very much looking forward to winning an autograph lottery as there is no way in hell I'm leaving the comfort and security of the expensive hotel I'm staying at, to camp out in line like a kid. I don't understand this mentality, but to each their own. Now I'll get in line if I can as early as I can, but I'm not camping out, it's ridiculous. I know CC tries to make camping out in lines overnight as part of the CC experience, but that's not right. I think a lottery is a fair system and I wish all of us the best of luck.

Yo it's fine if you don't get it, but equating those of us who camp out to "kids" is a bit much.  Honestly don't know how this is a childlike thing at all.  When I was a kid I had zero patients and wouldn't dream of doing something like this.  Stick to the "to each their own" part of it instead of the judgy parts.

I've line camped for something at least once every year, but panels not merch.  And I'll continue to do so as long as this system is set up.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 08:35:44 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2019, 07:13:00 AM »
I am still a bit peeved that there is no 24-hour shuttle service this year.  Sent an email asking for a return of the 24 hour shuttles..oh well.  I think having a shorter schedule may foster some safety issues. 
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline westernesse

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »
I am still a bit peeved that there is no 24-hour shuttle service this year.  Sent an email asking for a return of the 24 hour shuttles..oh well.  I think having a shorter schedule may foster some safety issues.
Seconded. It was nice knowing that even if you stay downtown, there was a safe way to get to the convention center without walking (possibly) alone after dark.

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »

I know right!  The first time I can really get out at night, since my cousin is coming for his first time and wants to go all out, and the shuttles stop lol. Maybe we’ll still get lucky and catch a cancellation for downtown this year to make it easier.
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »
Was anybody impacted by the reductions in shuttle service this year? Specifically the removal of some hotels from the shuttles, like MGH and the Embassy Suites, and the loss of the late night hours?

We had a horrible shuttle experience on PN, we got on it in Little Italy and the driver took a totally different route, got snarled in gridlock and we were stuck on it for over an hour. Finally some people convinced him to let us out by the MGH even though he wasn't supposed to.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2019, 11:35:18 PM »
Was anybody impacted by the reductions in shuttle service this year? Specifically the removal of some hotels from the shuttles, like MGH and the Embassy Suites, and the loss of the late night hours?

We had a horrible shuttle experience on PN, we got on it in Little Italy and the driver took a totally different route, got snarled in gridlock and we were stuck on it for over an hour. Finally some people convinced him to let us out by the MGH even though he wasn't supposed to.

MGH is so close, I can't imagine wanting wait for a shuttle for that.

Offline Johnc86

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2019, 12:40:05 AM »

Yes, last year we stayed at the Bristol and there was a shuttle stop right in front of the hotel. We stayed at the Sofia this year which was literally across from the Bristol. Since the Bristol wasn't apart of the hotel block, there wasn't a shuttle stop in front. So the bus drove past the Bristol, went around to Courtyard Marriott for the first stop and the second stop was at the corner of 2nd Ave and Broadway which was in the middle of the Sofia, US Grant and the Westgate. It was really frustrating watching us pass our hotel, make a circle and have us dropped off a few blocks away. It seemed like it would be easy to just add a stop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2019, 03:38:44 AM »
Although 1am may seem like a reasonable time to stop shuttle service completely, it was too early!  Particularly on Saturday, when the Masquerade and Sails party were going on.  We had to rush to take the trolley, which was jammed.  There was confusion about when they would stop running also.  And there were fewer of them as the evening went on. ???
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2019, 09:40:59 AM »
It was interesting, I had a lyft driver on Friday that had just come down from LA and I was literally his first fare, he had just come from registering. He said that they told him to expect a spike in requests around 7pm and another around 2am.

Offline Agoyo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2019, 01:27:42 PM »

The shuttles were a weird experience this year. A lot of the drivers seemed new. Thursday morning our driver kept pulling out a map to read WHILE HE WAS DRIVING. I had to ride the shuttle Thursday to Saturday and I think I had a different route going from MV to downtown each day. I wish someone from CCI would ride the shuttles so they can see what happens and also how much of a service it provides. They are always packed with con goers.

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2019, 02:28:41 AM »
It was really frustrating watching us pass our hotel, make a circle and have us dropped off a few blocks away. It seemed like it would be easy to just add a stop.
Rates at hotels in the block include $10 per night, paid to CCI for the shuttle and the promotional value of being listed. Some hotels decide they'd rather avoid that charge, especially if a route passes close by. Possibly some of the savings are shared with the visitor.

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2019, 12:00:39 PM »
The shuttles were a weird experience this year. A lot of the drivers seemed new. Thursday morning our driver kept pulling out a map to read WHILE HE WAS DRIVING. I had to ride the shuttle Thursday to Saturday and I think I had a different route going from MV to downtown each day. I wish someone from CCI would ride the shuttles so they can see what happens and also how much of a service it provides. They are always packed with con goers.

Yeah we had doubletree Hilton hotel circle and only stayed there one night and the driver was definitely new. There was some early morning construction also which didn’t help and we had the first ride at 5am on Thursday morning. It took us 30 min to leave hotel circle and then drive to the center. Fortunately we moved to Hilton gaslamp the rest of the Con so we can’t say how it was the rest of the time.

Also, man was the town and country in disarray with their construction
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face