Author Topic: New & Returning TV show Chat  (Read 50081 times)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: New & Returning TV show Chat
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
any tv marathons over the holidays folks are looking foreword to?
I am also dipping into the Doctor Who marathon whenever I need a pick me up (aka when I get tired of watching the news...)

Travelers!!! Drops on December 26, so we will watch as many as we can on that day.
Need to get caught up on This Is Us and The Middle.
We will also be binging Shannara Chronicles. Since they put it up against Mr. Robot, we haven't gotten around to watching it. We watched the first episode to make sure we were still into it, and we are.
Ang

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2018, 06:27:03 AM »

TNT has greenlit a full season of the live-action Snowpiercer series following the filming of a pilot in late 2017, according to Variety. Based on the OGN Le Transperceneige by Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand, and Jean-Marc Rochette, the TV Snowpiercer will star Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs, and Mickey Sumner. It's dovetailing off the successful Snowpiercer movie from 2013.

“I’m a personal fan of Bong Joon Ho’s epic film, and jumped at the chance to honor his original vision, yet expand upon the world and characters with a diverse, award-winning cast,” said TNT's Executive VP of Original Programming, Sarah Aubrey. “Science fiction is the perfect genre to examine issues of race, class, gender and natural resources with thought-provoking and exciting storytelling. Snowpiercer will explore those relevant issues while embarking on a wild, action-filled ride.”

No debut date for Snowpiercer has been given.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #167 on: Today at 09:56:56 AM »

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2018, 11:54:16 AM »
Can't begin to tell you how excited I am for this. Loved loved loved the film.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2018, 11:28:08 AM »
Can't begin to tell you how excited I am for this. Loved loved loved the film.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Same!  Huge fan of everything Bong Joon Ho has done so far.  Really hoping the show has the same feel not just the same premise.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »

There is going to be more of the same with The Walking Dead, a big change and potentially more of the zombie apocalypse.

Unsurprisingly, blockbuster TWD has been renewed for a ninth season by AMC but the series based on Robert Kirkman’s comics will have a new showrunner. Long time TWD writer Angela Kang is taking over from Scott M. Gimple with the latter shifted over to a newly designated Chief Content Officer of the mothershow, its Fear The Walking Dead spinoff and as yet unspecified “potential brand extensions on a variety of platforms.”

“This is an enormously important day for the entire The Walking Dead television universe,” said AMC boss Charlie Collier today. “We are proud to acknowledge Angela’s significant contribution to the series and to set a clear path forward for a ninth season under her direction. Further, with gratitude and admiration, we also recognize Scott’s broad impact on, and leadership of, the content that fuels our TWD universe,” he add of the third ex-showrunner of the series.  “Together, we will dream bigger and more broadly than ever before. I know I speak for Angela, Scott and everyone at AMC when I say thanks most of all to the fans and the many talented people who have helped AMC play Dead.”

Unlike original TWD showrunner Frank Darabont and his replacement Glen Mazzara, Gimple clearly wasn’t canned from the series, which has had further declining ratings this season so far. In fact, today’s announcement saw some seeds planted last year when Gimple was named an executive producer on FearTWD, which will see a crossover with TWD later this year.

“The Walking Dead is a special show which started in an entirely different era of TV, and continues, in this new era, to confidently take chances to tell compelling stories that excite audiences and make them deeply connect with its characters, adapting Robert Kirkman’s brilliant comic book,” the soon to be ex-TWD showrunner said in a statement on Saturday. “As the show closes in on its tenth year, I’m honored to keep working with the talented, dedicated people behind and in front of the camera to make it all it can be, while expanding the world of The Walking Dead with new narratives like Fear the Walking Dead and a whole host of truly cool stories ahead. Angela is a big part of the heart and soul of The Walking Dead, and I’m thrilled to help facilitate her vision of the show’s next era.”

Unlike Darabont and Mazzara, as well as EPs Gale Anne Hurd and others and Kirkman himself, the Gimple is not currently suing AMC over profits from the lucrative franchise. The EP has come under fire of late from some fans for the direction the series, especially the upcoming death of the Chandler Riggs portrayed Carl Grimes character that ended the Season 8 fall finale on December 10.

Also playing tribute to Kirkman, which everyone involved with TWD seems contractually bound to do, the first female showrunner of the Andrew Lincoln led series took a fangirl approach in her remarks.

“I am beyond thrilled to be stepping into this new role with The Walking Dead, declared Kang, who has been a writer on the show for the past seven years. “Working on this series and having the opportunity to adapt Robert Kirkman’s amazing comic has been a fangirl dream come true for me,” she added “I’m excited to continue working with Scott and the wonderfully supportive folks at AMC, and can’t wait to share the next chapter of the story with our fans next fall.

The ninth season of The Walking Dead is set to debut in the fall of this year with Season 8 returning from its winter break next month to see the Carl character played by Riggs, who was one of the original actors on the series, meet his end die to a walker bite.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2018, 10:27:14 AM »
Cosmos gets second season!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2018, 07:37:52 PM »
Same!  Huge fan of everything Bong Joon Ho has done so far.  Really hoping the show has the same feel not just the same premise.

"Creative differences" ::)

TNT has parted ways with Josh Friedman, the showrunner of the TV adaptation of “Snowpiercer,” Variety has learned exclusively.

Friedman was an executive producer on the project and wrote the pilot, which was shot last year. “Snowpiercer” was ordered to series by TNT earlier this month. A source close to the network cited creative differences as the reason.

The series, based on the 2014 Bong Joon Ho film, takes place seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland and centers on a small band of people who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. Jennifer Connelly stars as Melanie Cavill, an important first-class passenger and leader who is fascinated by the less fortunate riders on the train. The “Snowpiercer” cast also includes Daveed Diggs, Mickey Sumner, Susan Park, Benjamin Haigh, Sasha Frolova, Katie McGuinness, Alison Wright, Annalise Basso, Sam Otto, Roberto Urbina, Sheila Vand and Lena Hall.

Friedman had a great deal of experience adapting genre properties for TV: He was the showrunner of the 2008-2009 Fox drama “Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles” and an executive producer of NBC’s “Emerald City.” His film credits include “Avatar 2” and “War of the Worlds.”

“Snowpiercer” is a co-production of Tomorrow Studios and Turner’s Studio T, along with CJ Entertainment. The pilot was directed by Scott Derrickson (“Doctor Strange”), and the series is executive produced by Tomorrow Studios’ Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements, as well as Bong Joon Ho, Park Chan-wook, Lee Tae-hun and Dooho Choi.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2018, 05:56:38 AM »
"Creative differences" ::)

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2018, 10:14:19 AM »
Caught the 1st episodes of Counterpart and Mosaic. Both look like they'll be great but I'm thinking I'll let them queue up a while so I can binge them. Mosaic even had a trivial but welcome discussion of MÅ“bius, and who would have guessed how well Sharon Stone and Paul Reubens would work together?

The Mosaic app sounds really interesting too, but not certain if I want to wait until after the series to try it?

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »

Willow alum Joanne Whalley has been cast as Sister Maggie Murdock for the third season of Netflix's Daredevil, according to Deadline. Maggie was name-dropped in the final moments of Defenders following Matt Murdock/Daredevil (Charlie Cox)'s almost-lethal injuries. “We are big fans of Joanne’s work and are fortunate that someone of her caliber will be joining our already talented family,” said Marvel TV Head Jeph Loeb. “Joanne is a rare talent and a terrific creative collaborator,” added incoming showrunner Erik Oleson. “Watching her bring her role to life has the writers all pinching ourselves.”

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »
Has anyone seen the trailer for Altered Carbon? My brother wants to see it. I just watched the trailer and it has me excited about a new show on Netflix.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2018, 05:11:07 PM »
Has anyone seen the trailer for Altered Carbon? My brother wants to see it. I just watched the trailer and it has me excited about a new show on Netflix.

Yeah, looks promising! Looking forward to seeing how they do in adapting the book, which had what I thought was a great blend of scifi and hardboiled detective storytelling but also had some things that I think would be problematic to film.

On a personal note, I think I am finally at the point where I won't confuse James Purefoy with Thomas Jane. It's taken me a while. 

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2018, 09:37:16 AM »
Yeah, looks promising! Looking forward to seeing how they do in adapting the book, which had what I thought was a great blend of scifi and hardboiled detective storytelling but also had some things that I think would be problematic to film.

On a personal note, I think I am finally at the point where I won't confuse James Purefoy with Thomas Jane. It's taken me a while.

He does look a lot like Thomas Jane! In the trailer, for some strange reason, I thought he looked like a young Beau/Jeff Bridges (more Beau --Haha!).
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
I caught Christina Hendricks new show, Good Girls. Granted it’s only the first ep but it’s good, real good.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »
‘The Magicians’ Renewed for Season 4 at Syfy