Author Topic: SDCC 2023 Child-to-Junior Validation  (Read 3772 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
SDCC 2023 Child-to-Junior Validation
« on: August 22, 2022, 05:38:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To accommodate the transition from child (age 12 and under) to junior (age 13-17), we have set a static date to determine who is considered a child for Comic-Con 2023.

If they were at least 13 years old on July 31, 2022, they must have their own Comic-Con Member ID created in order to purchase a badge to attend Comic-Con 2023.

If your child was age 12 or under on July 31, 2022, they do not need a purchased badge for Comic-Con 2023. They may attend as a child for free as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult.

Comic-Con 2023 Child-to-Junior Validation
Did your child attend Comic-Con 2022 with a free child badge but is now considered a junior (age 13-17)?

For children who attended Comic-Con 2022 with a paid adult attendee that are now age 13 or older as of July 31, 2022, we have an opportunity for them to become eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration! Please read our Badge Purchase FAQ for more information on our two Comic-Con attendee badge sales: Returning Registration and Open Registration. If your child has aged into the junior category as of July 31, 2022, the instructions below are for you!

For your now 13-year-old to qualify for Returning Registration, you (the parent/guardian) must complete our Child-to-Junior Validation form. In order to complete this form, your junior child will need their own Comic-Con Member ID account. Please make sure you are completely logged out of your own account before creating their Member ID. When creating an account for your junior child, you will need to use a unique email address and select "Junior" as their membership type! Once the new account has been created, and the email address has been confirmed, log out of their newly created Member ID account. Keep their Member ID handy—you will need it for the Child-to-Junior Validation form. 

As the parent/guardian, log in to your Member ID account and click the "Child-to-Junior Validation" option in the top menu bar to access the form. Then, search for your junior’s Member ID account by entering their Member ID and last name.

Once you’ve completed the Child-to-Junior Validation form, an email confirming your submission will be headed your way.

Your junior’s Member ID will not automatically be marked as eligible for Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration after submitting this form. Requirements will be reviewed and eligibility will be updated accordingly after the Child-to-Junior Validation period closes. The email address associated with the junior’s Member ID account will receive a confirmation email once their eligibility has been updated.

PLEASE NOTE: Filling out this form does not secure a badge for Comic-Con 2023.
Stay on track with our Child-to-Junior Validation checklist:
❏ You attended Comic-Con 2022 as a paid adult attendee.
❏ Your child attended Comic-Con 2022 with a free child badge.
❏ Your child is considered a junior (age 13-17) as of July 31, 2022.
❏ Create a Member ID account for your junior child with a unique email address and select “Junior” as the membership type prior to completing the Child-to-Junior Validation form.
❏ As the parent/guardian, complete the Child-to-Junior Validation form by September 16, 2022.

Offline blusurfer

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 38
Re: SDCC 2023 Child-to-Junior Validation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 08:10:10 PM »
Hello!

I received the email from SDCC and am currently trying to do the Child-to-Junior Validation. We created an account for her with a junior badge. I am now logged in with my own account, can successfully pull up hers with the Member ID and Last Name, but when I hit "Add to Cart" I get the message "Oops! Product requires membership access unavailable to the participant."

Anyone know if there is a way to reach out to SDCC for help - phone or email? Or am I missing something?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:30:25 PM »

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 06:52:08 AM »
Hello!

I received the email from SDCC and am currently trying to do the Child-to-Junior Validation. We created an account for her with a junior badge. I am now logged in with my own account, can successfully pull up hers with the Member ID and Last Name, but when I hit "Add to Cart" I get the message "Oops! Product requires membership access unavailable to the participant."

Anyone know if there is a way to reach out to SDCC for help - phone or email? Or am I missing something?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Best thing to do is email them with screen shots.
It's likely that you're not the only parent with this problem. 
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline blusurfer

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 08:36:15 AM »
Thank you for the reply!

I just tried again this morning and it worked just fine. My assumption is that once we set up my daughter's Member ID and Junior Badge level, it took awhile to work thorough the system before I could submit the form for Child-to-Junior validation.

So for anyone else who comes across this, give it a little bit of time and hopefully it should work for you, too!  :)

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 09:43:15 AM »
Thank you for the reply!

I just tried again this morning and it worked just fine. My assumption is that once we set up my daughter's Member ID and Junior Badge level, it took awhile to work thorough the system before I could submit the form for Child-to-Junior validation.

So for anyone else who comes across this, give it a little bit of time and hopefully it should work for you, too!  :)

Good suggestion
Or could be, they fixed it last night ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 12:08:25 AM »

The Child-to-Junior Validation period is now closed.

Did your child attend Comic-Con 2022 with a free child badge, but will be considered a junior attendee at Comic-Con 2023? If so, September 14, 2022, was the last day you had available to validate their child-to-junior status in order for them to be eligible to participate in Returning Registration for Comic-Con 2023.

If you missed the validation deadline, your junior child may still be eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2023 Open Registration at a later date. Keep an eye on our website and your email for constant up-to-date information on all things Comic-Con 2023.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 10:33:43 AM »
Child to Junior validation has opened for 2024.

Online sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 12:10:58 PM »
Child to Junior validation has opened for 2024.

The unofficial blog is looking at this as the first sign of 2024 badge sales: :o

Phasers on Stun!!!

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2023, 07:35:37 PM »

Glad

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2023, 11:36:02 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:

2023 thread locked and unstickied. Existing post for 2024 Child-to-Junior Validation has been split into a new topic to provide easier access and reference.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...