Author Topic: FoCC Press Attendees  (Read 47618 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: FoCC Press Attendees
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2020, 03:23:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This was a direct email response from CCI to the blog, so maybe they only asked about not due outlets? I would wait to see what the CCI official email sent out to all key contacts says before worrying. Hopefully, they offer more clarification.

Personally I think it would be weird to not extend for ALL outlets regardless of whether they just reverified or were not due.
But Pros who were set to have to reverify for 2021 will still need to verify I think.  So press outlets due to reverify would likely still have to reverify.

Also, just spitballing, it seems feasible there won't be enough badges returned/refunded to necessitate a badge-selling that extra refunded badges they receive would go to press & pro badges maybe (assuming there are too few to have a sale, and too many to auction off for charity/CCI Museum)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2020, 10:41:39 PM »
But Pros who were set to have to reverify for 2021 will still need to verify I think.  So press outlets due to reverify would likely still have to reverify.

Also, just spitballing, it seems feasible there won't be enough badges returned/refunded to necessitate a badge-selling that extra refunded badges they receive would go to press & pro badges maybe (assuming there are too few to have a sale, and too many to auction off for charity/CCI Museum)
No. Pros due to verify in 2021 are extended to 2022. The email was clear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 06:17:08 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »

Press registration for Comic-Con@Home is now open for approved outlets! Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more information. #ComicConAtHome

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2020, 10:50:16 PM »
I am not sure what the comparative benefits of being press will be this time. I guess there may be interviews that can be done online, maybe some press only events?

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2020, 08:41:12 AM »
Well to confirm what I was wondering earlier, I believe the usual press emails will come in this year. So the usual preview materials, interview opportunities, maybe press only online events.

Offline WonderTwin93

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2020, 01:28:48 PM »
Im definitely starting to get press releases from registering for at home press but time will tell if there any interview opportunities (at least for smaller outlets like mine).

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »
I didn't end up able to make much use of the press status. There was some interesting press releases but with regard to the one event I was interested, I found out too late and missed it  :(

Offline dalemahq

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2021, 07:53:27 AM »
Looking ahead to 2022; I logged into my member ID (outlet key contact) and am now seeing "verification due." I was not due in 2020 and thought this was being rolled forward. Anyone else facing this?

Offline WonderTwin93

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2021, 09:01:43 AM »
After seeing your post I just checked mine - also showing verification due though if they were rolling it over again we should not be due. This is concerning.

Offline dalemahq

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2021, 07:48:27 AM »
Update, now showing "not due"

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »
Any returning press members see any SDCC 2022 info on their press comic con login page yet?

Checked as recently as of Sunday May 1st and there was nothing yet but it's under another person's name in our organization so I can't check it daily.

Offline Hades

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »
Any returning press members see any SDCC 2022 info on their press comic con login page yet?

Checked as recently as of Sunday May 1st and there was nothing yet but it's under another person's name in our organization so I can't check it daily.

I am the Key Contact (listed as Not Due too) for our outlet and it was updated this morning to state that badge allotments will be available for a later date.  No further news beyond that. WonderCon did not open up for Press until March 8th, so they might be cutting it closer for SDCC too. Gods, I hope not, but usually the timelines are similar.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2022, 08:17:03 PM »
I am the Key Contact (listed as Not Due too) for our outlet and it was updated this morning to state that badge allotments will be available for a later date.  No further news beyond that. WonderCon did not open up for Press until March 8th, so they might be cutting it closer for SDCC too. Gods, I hope not, but usually the timelines are similar.

Same here. To find the info I had to click on the "Press" tab in my account dashboard. That opens up to the "My Allotment" page. I was getting worried since nothing shows up on the main page of account dashboard. Hopefully soon they will post that we are able to get our badges.

Offline bettiebloodshed

• Gaming Lounge
    • My cosplay page!
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2022, 09:53:50 PM »
Long time no talk!

Where is everyone seeing the "not due"? I'm not seeing due or not due anywhere.

Only REALLY odd thing I see is when I click "edit when nerds attack" it pops up with the following:

OUTLET VERIFICATION STATUS:

Approved: Wondercon & Comic-Con [With a check box I can click myself]
Approved: Wondercon Only [With a check box I can click myself]
Verifcation due- reapply [a box, I cant do anything with]
2022 Application Denied [a box, I cant do anything with]

Well...what does this all mean? Am I approved, do I need to reapply? Or am I denied when I haven't had a chance to reapply? Again this is all in an 'edit' area I can mess with myself. I got my wondercon badge just fine.

I genuinely wish this wasn't so anxiety enducing. This is probably my last go as press due to being too busy in my day to day life.
Owner of When Nerds Attack .com

Offline larry999

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2022, 09:29:06 AM »
Only REALLY odd thing I see is when I click "edit when nerds attack" it pops up with the following:

OUTLET VERIFICATION STATUS:

Approved: Wondercon & Comic-Con [With a check box I can click myself]
Approved: Wondercon Only [With a check box I can click myself]
Verifcation due- reapply [a box, I cant do anything with]
2022 Application Denied [a box, I cant do anything with]

Mine looks the same