Author Topic: SDCC 2022 Hotel Discussion  (Read 57923 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC 2022 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2022, 02:46:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm assuming that the new 3% charge for each reservation only refers to confirmed reservations, right?

I believe so. Basically, if you make a deposit, they take a 3% non-refundable fee.

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2022, 02:54:22 PM »
Does anyone remember how to check the time you got access to the form? I remember it involved having to do something with checking the source code. I'm trying to make a guide for my hotel buying group lol.

Also, are people doing the full 12 hotel list or only sticking with 6?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 02:56:40 PM by jazzyj »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 12:42:00 PM »

Offline larry999

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2022, 02:58:13 PM »
Does anyone remember how to check the time you got access to the form? I remember it involved having to do something with checking the source code. I'm trying to make a guide for my hotel buying group lol.
I think we found it by just going to your browser history and seeing what time the page loaded

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2022, 03:04:21 PM »
I think we found it by just going to your browser history and seeing what time the page loaded

Yes, I think that was it.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2022, 04:22:03 PM »
Does the hotel email go out to junior badge holders as well?  I know they cannot purchase hotels but an adult could, I guess?
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline robertee

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2022, 04:28:05 PM »
It's been a long time coming. Hopefully our group gets lucky this year. Would be nice to actually get one of our top picks for once.
SDCC 2011-12, 2017-19, 2022 | E3 2017-18 | PAX West 2017

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2022, 05:22:29 PM »
Does the hotel email go out to junior badge holders as well?  I know they cannot purchase hotels but an adult could, I guess?

The email may not go out, but the junior can certainly participate. However, it takes an adult to book a room/pay the deposit.

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2022, 05:54:46 PM »
has anyone ever done hotel form from a phone? does the waiting room time out when screen blacks out?

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2022, 06:22:21 PM »
And... we're back!  Here's to the strategizing and practice runs on the sample form everyone.  May the odds be ever in your favor!

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2022, 07:13:49 PM »
has anyone ever done hotel form from a phone? does the waiting room time out when screen blacks out?

I actually got through on my phone's browser in 2019. It's been a while, so I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure I remember the page keeping the phone "active" so to speak, so the screen never actually blacked out. If you're planning on using your phone this year, I'd keep an eye on it though, just in case. Bc the waiting room could definitely time out if your screen blacks out.

Offline Imogen16

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2022, 07:21:39 PM »
I actually got through on my phone's browser in 2019. It's been a while, so I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure I remember the page keeping the phone "active" so to speak, so the screen never actually blacked out. If you're planning on using your phone this year, I'd keep an eye on it though, just in case. Bc the waiting room could definitely time out if your screen blacks out.

I second this. I've gotten through on my phone and it didn't black out.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2022, 08:29:20 PM »
Just got the hotel email.

Is this the shortest turnaround between announcement and actual sale? Less than 48 hours. I seem to recall past years we got maybe a week, or at least 4-5 days heads up.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2022, 08:37:10 PM »

Archive

Toucan

Comic-Con 2022 Hotel Reservations Are Coming!

Hotel reservations for Comic-Con 2022 will open on Thursday, April 28, 2022, at 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). The waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PDT, but there’s no need to rush! At 9:00 AM PDT, everyone in the waiting room will begin to be randomly filtered to the hotel reservation request form. However, anyone who enters the waiting room after 9:00 AM PDT will be placed at the end of the line. We encourage you to visit our Hotels page and read everything—including the fine print—to get ready in advance of the sale.

All Comic-Con 2022 badge holders were sent an email with information on how to access the onPeak waiting room and the hotel reservation request form. If you have a Comic-Con 2022 badge and did not receive the email, you may not be opted in to receive marketing emails in your Comic-Con Member ID account.

To ensure you receive important emails from Comic-Con, please log in to your Member ID account and click “My Account Information”. Select “Yes” from the dropdown for “Do you want to receive marketing emails?” On the same page, there are three additional opt-in preferences you can customize.

To confirm you have a badge for Comic-Con 2022, log in to your Member ID account and check under “My Orders”. If you have badges to attend Comic-Con 2022 but did not receive the hotel sale announcement email, please contact us.

Available Now: The Comic-Con 2022 Hotel List featuring hotels in the official Comic-Con block.
Click here to download or view the Hotel List!

Hotel Page

Comic-Con 2022 Hotel Reservations Open Thursday, April 28, 2022 — 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Each year hotel rooms for Comic-Con sell out in a matter of minutes. We want to make the process as clear—and more importantly—as fair as it can be. Below is a guide to the process for opening day.

Comic-Con International

Click here to download the Comic-Con 2022 Hotel List

The PDF above includes a complete list of all the hotels in the 2022 block. Please review this information before reservations open on Thursday, April 28, 2022.

The Email (Tuesday, April 26, 2022)

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022, an email will be sent from Comic-Con to Comic-Con 2022 badge holders, which will include the link to the waiting room/hotel reservation request form. The form will not open until 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Thursday, April 28, 2022. Opening the link prior to opening day will only take you to a page indicating you are in the right place and to check back when the form opens.

The link will only grant you access to the waiting room one hour prior to the opening.

The Waiting Room (Thursday, April 28, 2022, | 8:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT))

Beginning at 8:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), you may access the waiting room via the link in your email. The time you enter the waiting room prior to 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) has no impact on your position in line. At 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), all users in the waiting room will be granted access to the form in random order. If you enter the waiting room after 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), you will be placed at the end of the line.

From within the waiting room, you will have an opportunity to view a sample version of the form to review hotel options, rates, and form instructions. You will also have access to a browser check form, which allows you to perform a simple check for any browser issues that may impact the performance of the form. Both resources have also been made available for you on this page (below).

Placing Your Requests (Thursday, April 28, 2022 | 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT))

The hotel request form officially opens on Thursday, April 28, 2022, at 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). On this date, you will need to submit your request via the online form or over the phone. Once the maximum number of requests have been received, the form will shut down and callers will no longer be able to submit a request.

Online Submissions

At 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), everyone in the waiting room will be assigned a random place in line. Guests will then be moved from the waiting room to the request form based on this order. Randomization will not take place until 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and is not based on the time at which you enter the waiting room before that point. No further randomization will take place throughout the process. Anyone accessing the link after 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) will be placed at the end of the line. Forms will be processed based on the time at which a user was granted access to the form — NOT the time at which the form was submitted.

Sample Form

To allow attendees to prepare for opening day, we are providing a sample version of the form for review. The form remains similar to previous years, but some processing options have been updated and the hotel list has been updated to reflect 2022 availability.

The sample form is available for review here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In addition to reviewing the options available on this year's form, attendees are encouraged to verify that their browser settings are configured for best performance of the form ahead of opening day. Use the following link to verify that JavaScript and cookies are enabled on your browser: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Note: You will be given the option to select up to 12 different hotels. Only one (1) hotel selection is required to submit the form.

Request Online

To submit your request online, click on the link in your email or copy and paste the URL to your browser.

Request by Phone

To submit your request over the phone, please call 1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642) or 312-527-7300.
*Calls will not be accepted prior to this date and time.

Hotel Placements

Confirmations of hotel placements will be sent out in two groups. The first will be sent on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, and the second on Tuesday, May 10, 2022. Those whose request cannot be accommodated and therefore cannot be placed will be notified no later than Tuesday, May 17, 2022.

If you have been placed at a hotel, you will have 72 hours from the date and time the email is sent to confirm your reservation with a deposit. If you do not confirm within 72 hours, your reservation will be cancelled.

Once confirmations are sent, you will be required to provide a deposit equal to two (2) nights' room rate plus tax.

For reservations confirmed on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, the required deposit must be provided by Friday, May 6, 2022, at 9:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)/11:59 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT).
For reservations confirmed on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, the required deposit must be provided by Friday, May 13, 2022, at 9:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)/11:59 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT)
Reservations without a deposit will be cancelled and cannot be reinstated for any reason.

In order to defray the costs of credit card processing, a non-refundable service fee equal to 3% of each hotel deposit will be charged to the credit card provided for each reservation. Any change to a reservation that increases the required hotel deposit amount, such as extending the length of stay, changing to a more expensive room type, changing hotels, etc.; will incur an additional non-refundable service fee in the amount of 3% of the additional deposit amount. All charges will appear as "Comic-Con 2022 Hotels" on the user's credit card statement.

A Few FAQ's

As everyone knows from past experience, Comic-Con hotel rooms sell out very quickly. We work hard to create a process that is easy and fair for as many people as possible. That said, there are a LOT of details. Please take a moment to read through the fine print.

Who is onPeak?

Comic-Con has contracted with onPeak to provide hotel accommodations.

How does the randomization process work?

To ensure fairness in the request and placement process, Comic-Con uses a randomization process for granting users access to the form. Beginning at 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Thursday, April 28, 2022, all users within the online waiting room will be assigned a random place in line. Guests will then be moved from the waiting room to the request form based on this order. The order in which requests are processed will be based on the time a guest was granted access to the form. No further randomization will take place throughout the process.

Is there anything special this year that I should be aware of?

In order to defray the costs of credit card processing, a non-refundable service fee equal to 3% of each hotel deposit will be charged to the credit card provided for each reservation. Any change to a reservation that increases the required hotel deposit amount, such as extending the length of stay, changing to a more expensive room type, changing hotels, etc.; will incur an additional non-refundable service fee in the amount of 3% of the additional deposit amount. All charges will appear as "Comic-Con 2022 Hotels" on the user's credit card statement.

The 2022 request form is the same as it was in 2019 and no changes have been made. We encourage all guests to review the 2022 sample form prior to opening day to familiarize themselves with the options this year.

The sample form is available here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

When will I find out if I've been placed at a hotel?

Confirmations of hotel placements will be sent out in two groups. The first will be sent on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, and the second on Tuesday, May 10, 2022. Those who cannot be placed will be notified no later than May 17, 2022.

Once confirmations are sent, you will be required to provide a deposit equal to two (2) nights' room rate plus tax.

For reservations confirmed on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, the required deposit must be provided by Friday, May 6, 2022, at 9:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)/11:59 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT).
For reservations confirmed on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, the required deposit must be provided by Friday, May 13, 2022, at 9:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)/11:59 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Reservations without deposit will be cancelled and will not be reinstated for any reason.

What if I don't like where I've been placed?

If you receive a confirmation email and are not happy with your hotel, you have three options. You can decline your hotel assignment directly from your confirmation email, you can notify onPeak of your intention to cancel your reservation(s), or you can simply opt to take no action. If you do not provide your deposit by the required deadline, your reservation will automatically cancel. If you would prefer to contact onPeak to cancel, you may do so by calling 1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642) or 312-527-7300 and referencing the onPeak ID number included in your confirmation email.

Policy Information

Hotel Deposit & Payment Policy

A deposit equal to two (2) nights' room rate plus tax must be provided in order to confirm your reservation.

For reservations confirmed on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, the required deposit must be provided by Friday, May 13, 2022, at 9:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)/11:59 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Reservations without deposit will be cancelled and will not be reinstated for any reason.

Full payment will be due for your hotel reservation(s) at the time of check-out. Each hotel’s payment policies vary; the date that your total balance is due will be dependent upon the policies of your hotel. All hotels place a deposit on your credit card or debit card when you check in and charge the balance at check-out. Please refer to your confirmation for specific hotel policies.

Changes Policy

Changes can be made by accessing your reservation online. Access your reservation via the link in your onPeak confirmation or by visiting You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and click on the "Make Your Hotel Reservations" button to reach the login screen. Changes can also be made by phone at 1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642) or 312-527-7300. Changes are on a request basis and are subject to the availability/discretion of the hotel.

Cancellation Policy

Reservations may be cancelled on or before Tuesday, May 31, 2022, by 11:59pm Central Daylight Time (CDT)/9:59pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) to receive a refund of the two-night room and tax deposit minus the non-refundable service fee.
Reservations cancelled on or after Wednesday, June 1, 2022, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

Fine Print Reminders

Hotel rates include a $10.00 per night reimbursement to Comic-Con to help defray shuttle and convention costs (this charge is subject to change). San Diego city blocks are small compared to other cities and take approximately 2-3 minutes to walk. You may find walking in the morning is a great way to explore San Diego and find new places for dinner, lunch, or shopping.
Reservations are booked based on room availability. Bed type and special requests are not guaranteed. All special requests will be noted with the hotel, but are subject to hotel availability at the time of check-in.
Hotels in San Diego charge a Transient Occupancy tax of 10.565%, a Tourism Marketing assessment of 2%, and parking fees, all of which are subject to change without notice. Hotel rates are not guaranteed until booked and confirmed. Hotel rates may vary by number of occupants and other requested services. Comic-Con and onPeak reserve the right to correct any identified errors.
Responsibility and liability: Comic-Con and/or its agents act only in the capacity as agents for customers in all matters pertaining to hotel accommodations and transportation whether by railroad, automobile, airplane, or any other means, and as such are not responsible for any damage, expense, or inconvenience caused by train or plane arrivals or departures, or by any change of schedule or condition from any loss, injury, or damage to any person or property from any cause whatsoever. Baggage handling throughout the program is entirely at the owner's risk. The customer agrees that show management and/or its agents shall not be held responsible in the event of any error or omission in any promotional material.
User experience may vary depending on device & browser used.

Offline agent00dragon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2022, 08:37:48 PM »
I remember in the past, if there was any sign that your form was a duplicate, they'd throw it out and remember some people saying that having the same roommate names, and/or the same address would be a giveaway as a duplicate entry even if you're using different Member IDs. Does anyone have any information on this?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2022, 08:41:21 PM »
Just got the hotel email.

Is this the shortest turnaround between announcement and actual sale? Less than 48 hours. I seem to recall past years we got maybe a week, or at least 4-5 days heads up.
It was two days in 2019 too (4/9 and 4/11). Before that I believe we had a bit more warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk