Author Topic: Friday Hidden Gems (2022)  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Friday Hidden Gems (2022)
« on: July 01, 2022, 05:47:30 PM »
Use this thread to discuss any hidden gems you find in the Friday schedule.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Friday Hidden Gems (2022)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 10:27:45 AM »
10:00 am - 11:00 am: Intro to TV Writing: From First Draft to Getting Staffed

Moderator Spiro Skentzos (Arrow) and showrunners Keto Shimizu (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Mickey Fisher (Reverie), and executive David Sigurani (EVP, AfterShock Media) discuss navigating the TV spec terrain, including beginner’s mistakes, what they look for in a writer, and what it takes for you to write a killer spec that will stand above the crowd. There will be a Q&A component, so bring your questions.
Room 4

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:06:47 AM »

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 09:42:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
10:00 am - 11:00 am: Intro to TV Writing: From First Draft to Getting Staffed

Moderator Spiro Skentzos (Arrow) and showrunners Keto Shimizu (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Mickey Fisher (Reverie), and executive David Sigurani (EVP, AfterShock Media) discuss navigating the TV spec terrain, including beginner’s mistakes, what they look for in a writer, and what it takes for you to write a killer spec that will stand above the crowd. There will be a Q&A component, so bring your questions.
Room 4

I attended a panel in 2019 that was almost identical to this one in topic (Keto Shimizu was even on that panel as well!) and it was INCREDIBLY informative about how to get started in the tv writing world + full of do's and don't's I'd never thought about before. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in writing spec scripts and/or breaking into the writers' room.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 11:18:47 AM »
Creating Animated Music Videos for Legendary Artists
Friday, July 22, 2022
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Grand 12 & 13, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina

David Calcano (writer/director from Fantoons Animation Studios) will take you on a journey behind the creation of music videos he directed, such as “The Spirit of Radio” by Rush, as well as the 2022 viral sensation “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Frank Sinatra. He will share exclusive news about upcoming projects for books and animation.

Plus from the Fantoons press release there will be surprise video appearances.

I have Fundays tickets and am so mad I can't make it-as you can tell from my username I'm a big Rush fan and Fantoons has been creating official merch, videos, books, etc for the past few years and is sooo good.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 12:00:37 PM »
for comic's types

Spotlight on Frank Miller via Eventeny
Friday, July 22⋅11:45am – 12:45pm
Room 6A
The legendary artist/writer Frank Miller is regarded as one of the most influential and awarded creators in the entertainment industry today, known for his intense, and visceral storytelling and gritty noir aesthetic across comics, novels, and film. His transcendent and groundbreaking works include Ronin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman: Year One, Sin City, 300, and more. Recently, Miller launched Frank Miller Presents (FMP), an independent publishing company focused on creating and curating a line of comics that will prioritize developing and producing work with the industry's greatest and rising artists. Join Miller for a one-on-one interview conducted by his old pal Bill Sienkiewicz.

this has the potential of being hilarious for comic book types LOL
it's on my short list ;)

-----------------------------
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5