Author Topic: Panel giveaways and swag  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Re: Panel giveaways and swag
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 03:43:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It doesn’t matter which day (although end of day Sunday is not ideal for redemption), it’s Funko, it’s rare Pops, people will start going crazy now.

make it same day as marvel for maximum chaos

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2022, 03:44:44 PM »
yeah if they do it every sunday, it will definitely require overnighting.
This is exactly why I went this year. I was pretty sure they were giving out Pops (Hall H Freddy showed up in some Boxes of Fun with a Hall H sticker - saw one on Twitter) - I don't know if people just didn't think so, or just didn't know. We went in right before 10am, thinking we were being overly cautious (we wanted to go to the What We Do in the Shadows panel), and were in the 4th chute right away. We got in right around 11am or so and got a decent seat. I saw the reports of the line issues, and was happy that I did it the way I did. (I am glad it was straightened out, but waiting out in the sun when the tents were empty - yikes)

Anyway, I thought that if I could get in this year, I could say I went once, and not worry about it in the future. The panel itself was okay - I would have liked it to be more about new releases and company stuff, but I know that's what they do at Fundays.

On a final note - since they handed out a ticket - I hope they will consider making it the first panel, so that if WWDitS stays on Sundays, I will have a shot at it (it was renewed for season 5 and 6, so it will be around for a bit) Or, move Funko to a different day (she says very selfishly LOL)
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:47:09 PM »

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2022, 03:48:11 PM »
The description of the Funko panel explicitly said that all attendees would be receiving a giveaway.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2022, 03:50:46 PM »
The description of the Funko panel explicitly said that all attendees would be receiving a giveaway.
Yes, but I had thought it would be NFTs or something (I was in denial probably LOL) - until I saw the Hall H Freddy. It's so odd that the hype didn't spread earlier.
Ang

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »
during fundays, my friend showed me a pic of Freddy funko pop with a Hall H LE6800, so i knew it would be given out after the panel, i wasn't expecting it to include a 2nd random pop.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2022, 04:11:51 PM »
I saw all three Sunday H panels and the vibe I got was that Funko collectors definitely knew about the Freddy, but that people who were there for Mayans or What We Do In The Shadows did not. Tons of people left after WWDITS and, had knowledge been more widespread about there being an upcoming giveaway/what it was, I have a hard time imagining that that would have happened.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 12:02:37 AM »
Crunchyroll Industry panel gave out a pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 08:58:31 AM »
It doesn’t matter which day (although end of day Sunday is not ideal for redemption), it’s Funko, it’s rare Pops, people will start going crazy now.
FWIW that ticket redemption closed pretty late Sunday & the Funko panel was the last panel of the day in Hall H.  Regardless, even though the vast majority of panel attendees went immediately over to the hotel to claim their Pops (and WWDITS & Mayans t-shirts if they were there all day), and it took mere seconds: like, it took longer to walk down the bay to get the swag than it did to wait in a line, exchange ticket for Pops box/shirts, etc. 

Personally, I kind of liked having that panel on Sunday: fun way to close out Hall H for the Con!

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2022, 09:17:35 AM »
FWIW that ticket redemption closed pretty late Sunday & the Funko panel was the last panel of the day in Hall H.  Regardless, even though the vast majority of panel attendees went immediately over to the hotel to claim their Pops (and WWDITS & Mayans t-shirts if they were there all day), and it took mere seconds: like, it took longer to walk down the bay to get the swag than it did to wait in a line, exchange ticket for Pops box/shirts, etc. 

Personally, I kind of liked having that panel on Sunday: fun way to close out Hall H for the Con!
I liked having it then, too, but ask me again next year, if WWDitS is on Sunday, too. Just being selfish. It does make sense to have it then, but it sucks for panels that would otherwise be a walk-in. The age old issue. It is what it is.
Ang

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 12:22:24 PM »
Right, and it feels like by Sunday am it was widely known (by anyone who was legit interested in a Funko Pop giveaway) what at least some of the Pops would that were given at the panel. I had heard a rumor that they closed off Hall H at the top of the panel once the initial lineup got in, and a few people I talked to tried to get in mid-panel and couldn't.  Generally I suspect most of the Funatics who wanted to get in did, though it'd be a little nuttier in the future for sure.  Coincidentally, the panel was about the same time the Funko booth typically opens to the general public so that's a decision for the Funatics.
I'll say my group of people got in line mid-Mayan panel and didn't get into Hall H until 5-10 mins into the WWDITS panel (though I blame that mostly on suspect line management, not necessarily on the amount of people wanting in) and even during the Funko panel there were plenty of open seats still in the back section.  It would be interesting to see what a future panel would look like crowd-wise; I like it on Sunday, and it's a fun way to close-out Hall H for the weekend, IMO, so I hope they keep it in that slot.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 12:25:55 PM »
I liked having it then, too, but ask me again next year, if WWDitS is on Sunday, too. Just being selfish. It does make sense to have it then, but it sucks for panels that would otherwise be a walk-in. The age old issue. It is what it is.
IDK, I walked into the WWDITS panel, albeit missing a few mins of the episode they screened.  I think I would've still walked right in Sunday had there been better line management (ie they actually _used_ the tents for the line).
I do agree that now that the cat is definitely out of the bag re: Free SE Pops!!! we'll see the Crazy.  Maybe if they started with Funko, as some are suggesting, that would be better for the other panels.
The year Cameron brought AVATAR (and 3D) to Hall H, originally the TWILIGHT panel was going to be middle or last of the day, but because of the very known Twihard fanbase CCI moved the TWILIGHT panel first so non-Twilhards can have a chance at getting into Hall H for the rest of the (really really amazing, actually) panels of the day.  So maybe Funko first-of-the-day, then the rest of the panels would be appropriate.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 12:29:50 PM »
The rumor I heard was that Funko had planned on filling Hall H, but one shipment of their exclusive Pops did not arrive in time, so they didn't have enough swag boxes for everyone. So they told CCI not to fill the back section of the hall, because they wouldn't have a box of Pops for those attendees.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 08:50:33 PM »
Right, and it feels like by Sunday am it was widely known (by anyone who was legit interested in a Funko Pop giveaway) what at least some of the Pops would that were given at the panel. I had heard a rumor that they closed off Hall H at the top of the panel once the initial lineup got in, and a few people I talked to tried to get in mid-panel and couldn't.  Generally I suspect most of the Funatics who wanted to get in did, though it'd be a little nuttier in the future for sure.  Coincidentally, the panel was about the same time the Funko booth typically opens to the general public so that's a decision for the Funatics.
I'll say my group of people got in line mid-Mayan panel and didn't get into Hall H until 5-10 mins into the WWDITS panel (though I blame that mostly on suspect line management, not necessarily on the amount of people wanting in) and even during the Funko panel there were plenty of open seats still in the back section.  It would be interesting to see what a future panel would look like crowd-wise; I like it on Sunday, and it's a fun way to close-out Hall H for the weekend, IMO, so I hope they keep it in that slot.

They did close off the line early, we walked over near/just after the start time and we just missed getting in, they just capped off the line and did not allow anyone to stay there or wait in line to get in. Of course I don't know if they were truly full in there or not I just found it weird at the time that they wouldn't allow anyone else to go in closer to wait in line past a checkpoint.

Wasn't too disappointed until I heard about the pop handouts  :o

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 09:21:34 PM »
They ran out of the Hall H WWDITS redemption t shirts by the time some of my friends went to redeem their tickets.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2022, 09:52:39 AM »
The rumor I heard was that Funko had planned on filling Hall H, but one shipment of their exclusive Pops did not arrive in time, so they didn't have enough swag boxes for everyone. So they told CCI not to fill the back section of the hall, because they wouldn't have a box of Pops for those attendees.

I started that one but I think it's true.  No Ahsoka and then they used one of the Hall H variants to fill the BOF at Fundays.  Why else would those sections be empty and no one be let in.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion