Author Topic: Useful items to take to SDCC  (Read 153830 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Useful items to take to SDCC
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 04:50:36 PM »
I think batteries just 'wear out' over time... whether they're rechargeable or not. They can only recharge so many times before losing efficiency/power.

One way to prolong the life of your battery is to only recharge when it is completely drained. recharging when the batter is only partially drained will decrease battery life. The problem is, while this sounds good, sometimes it's hard to do. You need a full battery, and if it's only half-full, you may have to charge it anyway, just to ensure you make it through whatever time you need it the next day.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
This article is pretty good! Doesn't mention chairs, though...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:06:43 AM »

Offline aburkle

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
Plastic bags for trash items. 

If you are lucky enough to end up in one of the big halls and plan to stay a while, bathroom passes provide an opportuity to also get additional drinks/snacks and get rid of any empty containers.  Having some extra plastic bags to put the empty containers into makes keeping your trash under control much easier.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »
Plastic bags for trash items. 

If you are lucky enough to end up in one of the big halls and plan to stay a while, bathroom passes provide an opportuity to also get additional drinks/snacks and get rid of any empty containers.  Having some extra plastic bags to put the empty containers into makes keeping your trash under control much easier.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that, especially if you spend a lot of time in the more popular halls in the convention center.  Good point, very good point. Small plastic bags (or even Target or other supermarket bags) will definitely work as well.

^_^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »
Yep, just stick a grocery bag in your pocket...

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 10:35:36 AM »
I always pack Ziplock bags in my backpack.  Every "wet" item like drinks goes into one and every electronic item goes in one also just to be safe.  it really helps if you happen to bring frozen water that will sweat as it melts
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
The post about seating in panels mentioned the realD 3D glasses. That reminded me-if you have your own (DH made me clip-ons and he has RealD lenses that Oakley makes for his sunglasses with removable lenses), be sure to bring them (unless, of course, they were super expensive-you wouldn't want to risk losing them!).
Ang

The Gossamer

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
The post about seating in panels mentioned the realD 3D glasses. That reminded me-if you have your own (DH made me clip-ons and he has RealD lenses that Oakley makes for his sunglasses with removable lenses), be sure to bring them (unless, of course, they were super expensive-you wouldn't want to risk losing them!).
Wearing Oakley 3D glasses would make you the coolest "geek" sitting in Hall H. :P

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
Do they have poster tubes at SDCC for sale? From what i've seen over my collective years of watching SDCC videos on youtube/g4/ect. is that some years they give away poster tubes and some years they don't.

Offline Silenthillnight

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 06:22:18 PM »
Every time I've gone I've always seen one vendor that sells poster tubes along with comic book sleeves and the like.  You shouldn't have any problems finding one for sure  :)

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
The Fox booth has given away poster tubes for the past 2 years, and before that it was every other year.  So, they may or may not distribute them this year.  There's always a few vendors selling poster tubes of various length throughout the exhibit hall floor, though.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
I want to say Blick Art Materials will have poster tubes; they've always carried art supplies, and I'd say that poster tubes fall in that same category.

A little more on topic - I've recently bought a backup battery for my iPhone and iPad:

It's got 2 USB ports to connect up my charging cables, and it charges my Nook, my iPad 2, my iPhone...Works great. Gives my iPad 2 almost a full share when it's almost dead, and will charge my iPhone 4 five times before I have to charge the battery. This should keep a charge on my phone while I'm checking the schedule, FB, and keeping up with text messages from friends about the state of Hall H, Ballroom 20, etc...

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
That looks cool! Very handy I'm sure, if you can't get to an outlet (say, if you are sleeping on the Hall H lawn).

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »
Yep! And considering that Cons drain my phone battery significantly (I ended up having to try and find an outlet at Wondercon this year because the battery was almost dead by 2 pm). It seems that the heavy usage for 3G networks causes my phone to switch constantly between 3G and 1X with Verizon, and that drains the battery considerably in the process. This is going to keep my phone running with no problems throughout the weekend. :)

Offline NauticsONE

• Freebie Table
    • Ripped In Half Podcast
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
Ya gots to be gellin'.