Author Topic: Talk Back?  (Read 11870 times)

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
Re: Talk Back?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I added the 2015 information about resales in my previous post.  ^__^d

I do agree that it seems like CCI won't have a badge resale this year either, but yes, all we can do is wait and see what happens after pre-registration.  We don't know the official numbers (and CCI will not release those numbers), but it's possible that they might sell a good chunk of badges during pre-registration...

I really don't see badge resale happening anymore unless a really significant amount of people return their badges, like 50,000. It takes time and effort to hold a resale especially for something like maybe 2,000 returns? And your chances of purchasing would be even lower than a general sale? People would complain again.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really don't see badge resale happening anymore unless a really significant amount of people return their badges, like 50,000. It takes time and effort to hold a resale especially for something like maybe 2,000 returns? And your chances of purchasing would be even lower than a general sale? People would complain again.

Exactly.  I figured that if they do have refunds on badges, they would use all or a portion of those for giveaways (like those radio sweepstakes), prizes, charity, or other complimentary needs.  It does take time and effort to hold a resale, but it also takes manpower for technical support and customer service, in addition to coordinating with EPIC registration to make sure things run smoothly.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:20:01 AM »