Author Topic: Funko Off Topic Chat  (Read 111316 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Funko Off Topic Chat
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »
Stopped by a San Jose target on the way home from work yesterday, was the weirdest thing. They must have had a dozen each of the 10'' trex and Scrooge McDuck, and even a couple 10'' Dobbys.  Granted, most of the boxes looked like they had gotten to the store being dragged behind the truck but still, I hardly ever see any interesting Target exclusives around here.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #316 on: August 02, 2018, 05:59:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stopped by a San Jose target on the way home from work yesterday, was the weirdest thing. They must have had a dozen each of the 10'' trex and Scrooge McDuck, and even a couple 10'' Dobbys.  Granted, most of the boxes looked like they had gotten to the store being dragged behind the truck but still, I hardly ever see any interesting Target exclusives around here.
We found a Dobby the other day, but have yet to see the T-Rex. I follow some Austin Funko collectors, so the market here is pretty competitive.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #317 on: Today at 11:29:37 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #317 on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
We found a Dobby the other day, but have yet to see the T-Rex. I follow some Austin Funko collectors, so the market here is pretty competitive.

I also saw a Dobby at a Target a couple of days ago.  I remember thinking that I saw someone at SDCC carrying one around.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #318 on: August 02, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
originalfunko Available Now: @gamestop Exclusive Sonic The Hedgehog Pop! & Tee!

(XL): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #319 on: August 10, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »
Has anyone had any luck finding a Pikachu POP from Target?  I am now getting serious about collecting POPs and foolishly thought that since it was Target I could buy one eventually.  I have struck out left and right.  Having said that, trips to Target feel like treasure hunts now.  hahaha ...
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
Has anyone had any luck finding a Pikachu POP from Target?  I am now getting serious about collecting POPs and foolishly thought that since it was Target I could buy one eventually.  I have struck out left and right.  Having said that, trips to Target feel like treasure hunts now.  hahaha ...

Some people have better luck with Target than I do, but I cringe every time I see an Target exclusive that I like. To begin with there are lots of hunters where I live and it's really competitive, especially for things like Pikachu where a store just gets a few. The inventory system they have is awful and frequently says that stores have stock when they don't, and sometimes things just seem to never make it out on the floor.

I would ask at the store, I have heard that some have started keeping them at places like guest services. Most of the people I know that had luck with Pikachu got it when it went online a while back. Supposedly they will do another online drop but who knows.

Despite all of my negativity, I hope you have good luck! :)

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
Some people have better luck with Target than I do, but I cringe every time I see an Target exclusive that I like. To begin with there are lots of hunters where I live and it's really competitive, especially for things like Pikachu where a store just gets a few. The inventory system they have is awful and frequently says that stores have stock when they don't, and sometimes things just seem to never make it out on the floor.

I would ask at the store, I have heard that some have started keeping them at places like guest services. Most of the people I know that had luck with Pikachu got it when it went online a while back. Supposedly they will do another online drop but who knows.

Despite all of my negativity, I hope you have good luck! :)
Thanks for the info, mark.  Just once I would like my little POP hunts to end up with an actual Exclusive POP.  I called Target and talked to a store manager about the system and my takeaway is that it’s a total crap shoot.  Still the hunters I am meeting so far have been cool and really helpful.

On another note, how do you guys display your POPs?  Eventually, I want to be able to store them in a POP case and line them up on a shelf around my Art room but I am worried they will fall off.  I have seen people using baseball bat cases but I don’t think you can store POPs in their box in those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2018, 02:20:47 PM »
Thanks for the info, mark.  Just once I would like my little POP hunts to end up with an actual Exclusive POP.  I called Target and talked to a store manager about the system and my takeaway is that it’s a total crap shoot.  Still the hunters I am meeting so far have been cool and really helpful.

On another note, how do you guys display your POPs?  Eventually, I want to be able to store them in a POP case and line them up on a shelf around my Art room but I am worried they will fall off.  I have seen people using baseball bat cases but I don’t think you can store POPs in their box in those.

Stay hopeful :) These days I still see a good number of the 10'' Scrooge McDuck, T-rex and Dobby exclusives, also the 8-bit Stranger Things.

You can use the Michael's baseball bat cases with boxes if you go vertical, here's a random reddit example.

Reddit and the Funko Funatics forum are good place to see photos of people's displays. I've yet to grab some of the bat boxes when they are on sale but I'll get some eventually, for now I just have some on random shelves and such. I'm in the middle of redoing my cave to a Star Wars theme, I'll post photos when I (eventually) finish.

I use museum putty for figures, but haven't tried it on boxes.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
Stay hopeful :) These days I still see a good number of the 10'' Scrooge McDuck, T-rex and Dobby exclusives, also the 8-bit Stranger Things.

You can use the Michael's baseball bat cases with boxes if you go vertical, here's a random reddit example.

Vertical is brilliant!  And it looks like they fit perfectly! 

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2018, 11:31:44 PM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »
How have I never heard of One Piece? And it's the best selling manga ever? I'd say I need to get out more but I'm pretty out there already.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #326 on: August 15, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »
I was at the SF Giants game on Sunday where they had a special Jack Jack Funko:

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #327 on: August 15, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »
I was at the SF Giants game on Sunday where they had a special Jack Jack Funko:

Great POP!  We made it out two years ago for Pixar Day and snagged a free T shirt; no POP back then.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Funko Off Topic Chat
« Reply #328 on: August 15, 2018, 11:02:12 AM »
You needed to purchase a special ticket to get the Funko. It was funny because after I picked mine up in the stadium, there were 2-3 guys there asking me to sell/trade. One guy had brought a huge bag of Funkos to trade. Brought back memories of getting a Conan pop at SDCC.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
Here is the 80s prize pack I got from the Funko Funkast. Pretty good reward for tweeting a GIF of Madonna from Desperately Seeking Susan

Ang